Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-and-stay-2199
Print Wikipost

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just in pari 10 days ago; renovation is very very nice but I miss the old bar area
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
For those who frequent both Starwood and Marriott properties, I have a bit of a dilemma for an upcoming trip: For roughly the same price I can have PdG or any of the Renaissance properties (Vendome, Trocadero or Arc de Triomphe). I've stayed at AdT before and it's very nice but curious how the newly renovated PdG stacks up to those who know the others.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.1.2; SCH-I535 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.64 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I was pretty impressed with the refurbishment. Lots of dark polished wood, very similar to the Emirates A380! The bathrooms with inlaid mosaic tiles were beautiful, though hard to photograph. The main elevator bank is still punishingly small, but I was really pleased overall with the improvements they've made over the time it was closed. I'd not hesitate to come back again.

Some pics: a few new pictures o of a refurbished Art Deco balcony room

Last edited by BobbySteel; Jul 2, 2013 at 6:55 am
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Still waiting to hear how Platinums are treated there. Been there twice pre-renovation and received a wonderful suite each time. Just book for next June- boy, lots of points! Could stay at a guaranteed suite on points at the PH but then would have to spring for the wonderful but ridiculously expensive breakfast.

So let's hear about Platinum breakfast and suite upgrades!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Platinum
I had a very nice four night stay in June which I was able to book under Cash and Points which was quite reasonable compared to the 990 Euro rate when I checked in.

As a Platinum I did not get an upgrade and, in fairness, I didn't see any suites available when I checked in. A continental breakfast was provided and for ten Euros the breakfast could be upgraded to the "hot" breakfast which I though was excellent value...at least compared to the menu price of 47 Euros

The concierge staff was very helpful. They arranged many of our meals and one morning I woke up to see a note under my door. Unbeknownst to me I had left my credit card at the restaurant the night before. The restaurant called the hotel and the concierge actually sent someone to retrieve it. Talk about great service.

I would go back again in a heartbeat.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: FSPP, Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini Club, STARS, Hyatt Privé, Peninsula PenClub, etc.
Looking forward to a visit here later this summer. So far the Concierge has been the most prompt in responding to questions and reservation requests, faster than the PH and the FS.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: QF LTG, SPG LTPlat, Accor, SP, JAL
Newly refurbed PDG review

Originally Posted by stevens397
Still waiting to hear how Platinums are treated there. Been there twice pre-renovation and received a wonderful suite each time. Just book for next June- boy, lots of points! Could stay at a guaranteed suite on points at the PH but then would have to spring for the wonderful but ridiculously expensive breakfast.

So let's hear about Platinum breakfast and suite upgrades!
Lotsa points, yeah.

Just finished a 2 night stay with C&P (USD250) and used suite awards to maximise chances (although we've been upgraded to a suite the last two times)

Upgraded to Macassar suite. Nice, but preferred the old design. New Art Deco is very severe, very male.

In fact B&W photos on the walls are all of women, installed intentionally as everyone thought it was too "male" when the refurb was taking shape.

It's more of "oh yeah, another hotel" now than it was.

Meals used be in the swans restaurant. Lovely decadent (champagne at brekky) and is now in bar. Admittedly main resto was closed for the summer (what is it with the French and closing during max tourism time anyway?)

Basic brekky was free to SPG plat (menu indicated 36 euro) and was juice, coffee, tea or chocolate and pastries/bread.

We could upgrade to bacon and eggs etc for 10 euro, which we did first day. Eggs Benedict Florentine was selected and what came was poached eggs on spinach on a muffin (as expected) but covered in a white sludge that claimed to be Hollandaise.

Erk

Needless to say, we stayed with the basic free menu for the second day.

Service and Suite were gorgeous, despite the assault on our architectural preferences.

But, amazingly, minibar is complimentary for suites. Amazing. Pass the Laurent Perrier please. Oh? None left? Then I guess we'll have to do Billiecart Salmon.

Still a great place, but it's one that you do once, rather than the old design which you kept coming back to for its charm.

Pity

Martin
Old Aug 31, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: FSPP, Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini Club, STARS, Hyatt Privé, Peninsula PenClub, etc.
Recent stay in August. More pleasant and friendly welcome and check-in here than at the Park Hyatt, nice strawberry/red currant welcome amenity, pleasant enough room given a C&P stay although very compact, a few service lapses (crib brought instead of regular extra bed, difficult to get a server's attention in the bar area). But of course given its location, can't help but think of the Four Seasons next door, which is in a completely different league.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: VS, BA, AA, IHG, HH, SPG
I have a stay booked here in november and am wondering if anyone has tried the restuarant since its been re-opened? Reviews seem positive but I trust flyertalkers more than google
Old Sep 29, 2013, 12:27 pm

Stayed at this hotel several years ago. We had a suite near the front of the hotel, huge room and bathroom. My wife loved it.. She feels it's one of the nicest hotels we've stayed at, possibly better than the Gritti. Not sure I totally agree, but still very nice...
Old Sep 29, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT/Delta PM/Marriot Gold
After my last stay at the Westin that was not a good one, thought I would give this one a try.. I am a Plat and am trying to apply Suite night upgrades to my reservation hopefully it works.. The pictures from the renovation look amazing..
Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:42 am

Did anybody try the restaurant here? The price tag seems pretty high and there's an abundance of options within 10 min walking distance from the hotel. Any exceptional experiences at La Scène?

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:58 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Amex Plat,HHonors Gold, Leader - Leading Hotels of the World
Originally Posted by naples_flyer

The concierge staff was very helpful. They arranged many of our meals and one morning I woke up to see a note under my door. Unbeknownst to me I had left my credit card at the restaurant the night before. The restaurant called the hotel and the concierge actually sent someone to retrieve it. Talk about great service.

I would go back again in a heartbeat.
I just received a PDF from the concierge for our stay next weekend at the PdG, and on it there is space for restaurant reservations. Would you recommend anything? This is a romantic trip for me and my spouse.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:34 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by capitalflow
I just received a PDF from the concierge for our stay next weekend at the PdG, and on it there is space for restaurant reservations. Would you recommend anything? This is a romantic trip for me and my spouse.
I like Aubergine Brassiere. Excellent, rustic French food. Have not had a bad meal in all of the times I've been. Near PDG (walking distance). Small restaurant. Service is very good and it's very reasonably priced.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:12 pm

pdg management

does anyone know if the same people work at pdg post-renovation? Does Pryanka, assistant manager, still work at the front desk?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.