Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2013, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
There are barely any Elements in US either!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
There are barely any Elements in US either!
They don't really seem to develop the Element brand, only Aloft is getting attention.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

Great promo! Too bad it wasn't communicated (perhaps on purpose) - so is this confirmed again for 2013 ? Relatively easy to do in my case...
Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lcpteck
They don't really seem to develop the Element brand, only Aloft is getting attention.
Any idea why? Honestly, Aloft is my least favorite SPG line.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HH D, IHG PA
Congrats to OP and whoever has rec'd this special nice gesture from Starwood. Is this a published promo by Starwood, or they just pick someone randomly and send him/her a box of chocolates and the FN e-certificate? If so, is this still valid for 2013? Thx.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by bbcbbc2012
Congrats to OP and whoever has rec'd this special nice gesture from Starwood. Is this a published promo by Starwood, or they just pick someone randomly and send him/her a box of chocolates and the FN e-certificate? If so, is this still valid for 2013? Thx.
Lurkers, can you elaborate?

If it was only for 2012 and not announced I get rewarding those souls who stayed at all 9 brands without a carrot.

That being said, I would certainly go out of my to hit all 9 if it is live for 2013.

Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rooivalk
wonder if they have anything for people who had 8 brands? or at least grant an exception for the Element brand for those based in Asia
Maybe a box of eight chocolates with the missing one being of the brand you didn't stay at.

You've got to say though that three nights at up to a carry six is quite something.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by BenSenise
Maybe a box of eight chocolates with the missing one being of the brand you didn't stay at.

You've got to say though that three nights at up to a carry six is quite something.
There are only 10 Elements now and all of them are located in the US. I live in Asia so the only brands which are not a 24 hour flight away are the other 8...

I'm willing to compromise on one free night I'm also guessing most people would be missing the Element brand.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
There are only 10 Elements now and all of them are located in the US. I live in Asia so the only brands which are not a 24 hour flight away are the other 8...

I'm willing to compromise on one free night I'm also guessing most people would be missing the Element brand.
^
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

You forget us cheapies who can't think of paying for a St. Regis, that'd be the one I would miss . I have Aloft/Element/Westin/Sheraton all booked already, could make the remainder work out this year other than the St. Regis, I'd have to see how good those three free nights are, or how good the chocolate is .
Old Mar 30, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Vinodavid
Lurkers, can you elaborate?

If it was only for 2012 and not announced I get rewarding those souls who stayed at all 9 brands without a carrot.

That being said, I would certainly go out of my to hit all 9 if it is live for 2013.

Thanks

I would also, with confirmation.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Congratulations! Do you know if this includes points-based stays also?
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
You forget us cheapies who can't think of paying for a St. Regis, that'd be the one I would miss . I have Aloft/Element/Westin/Sheraton all booked already, could make the remainder work out this year other than the St. Regis, I'd have to see how good those three free nights are, or how good the chocolate is .
I usually wouldn't think of staying in a St. Regis either, but last year during our convention in Honolulu they offered convention rates for many hotels on Maui and Kauai as well. I saw the rate at the St. Regis and booked us a side trip to Kauai just to stay there because I knew I wouldn't see a rate like that again. It was worth the trip. Now I'm afraid I set the bar too high and my husband isn't going to be able tolerate staying anywhere else when we return to Kauai someday.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sent
I usually wouldn't think of staying in a St. Regis either...
Hence my question. It's probably the only way for me to hit all nine as a St. Regis would be hard to push through on an expense report.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SPG will get more revenue by making this a formal promotion instead of a surprise. I was short of Aloft and Element for 2012.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.