Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Hotel Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Occupancy Policy

Due to fire safety and security concerns, only registered hotel guests are allowed in guest rooms from 10pm to 8am. From 8am to 10pm, the maximum occupancy—including visitors (non-registered guests) and registered guests—for each room is as follows:
  • Wonderful, Fabulous and Spectacular Rooms: 5 adults
    • Cool Corner Room: 8 adults
      • Marvelous and Fantastic Suites: 10 adults
        • WOW Suite: 20 adults
          • Extremely WOW Suite: 30 adults
Print Wikipost

W Hotel Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by jqihe862
I am trying to get a BRG rate, but looks difficult to find one.
Have you ever get a BRG rate before?
and I don't get the promotion of stay 4 for 3 CAT6 free night.
C+P is expensive for CAT6 hotel.
I've only BRG the Westin before, maybe also the Four Points. I've seen BRG rates for W before but it's still too freaking expensive.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Another fabulous stay

Just completed six more nights here. Got lucky again, and was upgraded to marvelous suite for the duration (no need to change room at all). Noticed quick a bit of new talents (staff), but still have some employees who knows me by name. Through out the entire stay, most staff addressed me by name. Anyhow, all benefits are still the same. Choose breakfast at Kitchen Table as welcome amenity, two bottles of fuji water per day (if they remember to stock), and happy hour from 5-7 at both woobar and yen bar.

One thing which is new to us is that when we requested 4 extra coffee mugs, we were told to call whatever whenever to have in room dining bring it over instead of "style (aka housekeeping)".

Still, love to stay here. The room rate just kept on rising, OUCH.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Hi everyone,

We are planning a trip to Taiwan late November through early December and would like some feedback between the W, LM, Westin, and Sheraton with regards to central location to food entertainment and dining in addition to Platinum guest benefits like complimentary breakfast and lunch lounge etc.

I'm specifically interested in the complimentary Platinum dining offerings if any

You help is most appreciated for us to determine which property to book, thanks in advance
Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:17 am

Yikes, no Quad duplicate postings please.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Originally Posted by vg247
Hi everyone,

We are planning a trip to Taiwan late November through early December and would like some feedback between the W, LM, Westin, and Sheraton with regards to central location to food entertainment and dining in addition to Platinum guest benefits like complimentary breakfast and lunch lounge etc.

I'm specifically interested in the complimentary Platinum dining offerings if any

You help is most appreciated for us to determine which property to book, thanks in advance
My vote will be for W Taipei:

Use platinum welcome amnity for breakfast at Kitchen table for 2 for the duration of the stay. Platinum and gold happy hour at Woobar or Yenbar (which we have not partake for a while now). Upgrade to Marvelous suite (even without the use of SNA). No lounge though. Dining here is not very good. Although the new dim sum menu at Yen is worth a try. Skip lunch and dinner at Kitchen Table.

Location is awesome. Sits on top of Hankyu department store and the MRT. So convenient when it is pouring outside. Next to Eslite (connected via underground Hankyu B-2). and Mitsukoshi A-4, a block or two to Mitsukoshi A-8, A-9, A-11 and Bellavita.

The Hankyu B-2 have many great dining options from the Tonkatsu, Tsukenmen, Hakata tempura, garlic ramen (I am not a garlic fan though), spicy tomyum noodles, etc.

Restaurants on the 6th floor of Hankyu is not bad (not great though; much prefer dining at B-2).

Three new restaurants arrived in A-4 (from the Kanpei group). Up scale teppan yaki, shabu, and yakitori restaurants are all worth a try. Then the lo kanpei yakiniku in A-9 is nice as well for some wagyu beef. There are a few restaurants in Bellavita (L'Atelier de Robuchon, Host Shabu (go to Orange Shabu; much better)).
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by sink
My vote will be for W Taipei:

Use platinum welcome amnity for breakfast at Kitchen table for 2 for the duration of the stay. Platinum and gold happy hour at Woobar or Yenbar (which we have not partake for a while now). Upgrade to Marvelous suite (even without the use of SNA). No lounge though. Dining here is not very good. Although the new dim sum menu at Yen is worth a try. Skip lunch and dinner at Kitchen Table.

Location is awesome. Sits on top of Hankyu department store and the MRT. So convenient when it is pouring outside. Next to Eslite (connected via underground Hankyu B-2). and Mitsukoshi A-4, a block or two to Mitsukoshi A-8, A-9, A-11 and Bellavita.

The Hankyu B-2 have many great dining options from the Tonkatsu, Tsukenmen, Hakata tempura, garlic ramen (I am not a garlic fan though), spicy tomyum noodles, etc.

Restaurants on the 6th floor of Hankyu is not bad (not great though; much prefer dining at B-2).

Three new restaurants arrived in A-4 (from the Kanpei group). Up scale teppan yaki, shabu, and yakitori restaurants are all worth a try. Then the lo kanpei yakiniku in A-9 is nice as well for some wagyu beef. There are a few restaurants in Bellavita (L'Atelier de Robuchon, Host Shabu (go to Orange Shabu; much better)).
Sink, and everyone: thank you so much for your feedback and help with my questions as this will be our first visit to Taiwan.

I decided to stay at the W among all SPG choices there. We get in on the evening of the 29th and will be there for 8 nights, hope I'm as lucky and get upgraded like you being a LT Plat:-)

Only thing is I made a reservation change just today and it looks like they do have many suites available so hope the last minute booking doesn't decrease our upgrade chances.

I would very much appreciate everyone's thoughts and experiences on some good local and high end food in the area in addition to shopping and cultural recommendations. We've been all over asia with this trip, and would like to taste see and smell all the places unique to Taiwan

Thank you all, happy holidays!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
W Hotel in Taipei [Master Thread]

Just concluded a 2 night stay here and agree with all the positive comments. Great room (used SNA for Marvelous Ste), attentive and friendly staff, excellent breakfast, nice spa. The Plat happy hour is excellent and very generous.

If I had to find flaws then I'd probably mention the slightly outdated treadmills in the gym, and the excessive prices of the top floor restaurant ($15 for a side of spinach). But these are minor.

Overall perhaps the best W experience for me, similar to HKG but the happy hour puts it ahead a notch.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:33 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Can anyone advise what experiences they have had here as a lowly Gold member? Is it possible they extend the happy hour and breakfast to Golds as well?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Can anyone advise what experiences they have had here as a lowly Gold member? Is it possible they extend the happy hour and breakfast to Golds as well?
My colleagues have had room upgrades as gold, wonderful -> spectacular.
Probably they will not extend the breakfast to golds, but the happy hour as I recall is for gold and platinum.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Alawyer
I had a 2 night award stay in dec., free evening cocktail at woo bar or yen bar. No breakfast though.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Stayed here over Xmas.

Was upgraded to the Marvelous Suite on a BRG rate with breakfast.

Breakfast was really crowded and was told the buffet may close before we get a table!
Fortunately that didn't happen.

A good stay overall.

Pictures here
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:54 am

Nice review SgFred.

W Taipei is so expensive even with the BRG rate.... And Free Nights at 20-25k a night...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:57 pm

Luggage tag

I understand from another thread that on the 20th stay you would get a luggage tag, anybody can post a picture of it?

I wonder what other goodies are available.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Originally Posted by lcpteck
I understand from another thread that on the 20th stay you would get a luggage tag, anybody can post a picture of it?

I wonder what other goodies are available.

I got a luggage tag from them. Not sure if it was for 20th stay or otherwise. The luggage tag was made of shinny silver metal. One side is all metal with engraved W, the other side has a plastic window where you can see the name, address, etc. Good looking initially, but not working out very quickly as the two sides are effectively "screwed" together. And the screws are gone after a couple of flights. So now the two sides are effectively flapping around (held together at the top by the leather strap).

The best goodies I think they have are the miniature red scultures, which are replicas of what they have in the room. My son loved the dragon/dinosaur one. Not sure when they would give that out though.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Chihster
I got a luggage tag from them. Not sure if it was for 20th stay or otherwise. The luggage tag was made of shinny silver metal. One side is all metal with engraved W, the other side has a plastic window where you can see the name, address, etc. Good looking initially, but not working out very quickly as the two sides are effectively "screwed" together. And the screws are gone after a couple of flights. So now the two sides are effectively flapping around (held together at the top by the leather strap).

The best goodies I think they have are the miniature red scultures, which are replicas of what they have in the room. My son loved the dragon/dinosaur one. Not sure when they would give that out though.
Okay thanks, guess not really useful in the long term.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.