Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Hotel Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Occupancy Policy

Due to fire safety and security concerns, only registered hotel guests are allowed in guest rooms from 10pm to 8am. From 8am to 10pm, the maximum occupancy—including visitors (non-registered guests) and registered guests—for each room is as follows:
  • Wonderful, Fabulous and Spectacular Rooms: 5 adults
    • Cool Corner Room: 8 adults
      • Marvelous and Fantastic Suites: 10 adults
        • WOW Suite: 20 adults
          • Extremely WOW Suite: 30 adults
Print Wikipost

W Hotel Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by lcpteck
I understand from another thread that on the 20th stay you would get a luggage tag, anybody can post a picture of it?
Here you go - highly reflective polished metal.

Last edited by Lappe; Feb 12, 2015 at 2:41 am Reason: Image fixes
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Lappe
Here you go - highly reflective polished metal.

Looks like a mirror.

Doesn't seem to be showing properly, try bbcode1 link in postimg.cc.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Chihster
The best goodies I think they have are the miniature red scultures, which are replicas of what they have in the room. My son loved the dragon/dinosaur one. Not sure when they would give that out though.
The series expands every year with one more zodiac animal, interestingly not usually the current zodiac animal... Next (fifth) one is the pig, coming out in March. I'm collecting the series for my son but unfortunately he broke the only figurine the shop sold out - the rabbit.

Looks like a mirror.

Doesn't seem to be showing properly, try bbcode1 link in postimg.cc.
Fixed this - originally posted on my tablet and apparently copied wrong part of the link
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Spent another 5 more nights here in March, bringing the total to over 80 plus nights here. Lots of changes in the front desk personnel and Kitchen table staff. It is harder to get upgraded to marvelous suite on weekends without SNA, but they upgrade us upon check in. That is why we love to stay there. Anyhow, for the first time, we did the SPG gold/platinum happy hour up at Yen bar. It is nice place, much better than the woobar. Benefits are still the same. Platinums can choice breakfast at Kitchen table for 2 in lieu of the 500 points.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Just spent a lovely Qing Ming weekend here despite the hordes of screaming kids at the pool. The happy hour menu at the rooftop Yen Bar is the same as the Woo Bar - the same sparkling Chandon comes in a smaller plastic glass by the pool.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Alawyer
Just spent a lovely Qing Ming weekend here despite the hordes of screaming kids at the pool. The happy hour menu at the rooftop Yen Bar is the same as the Woo Bar - the same sparkling Chandon comes in a smaller plastic glass by the pool.
Was here over the weekend as well.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
I have just made a 4 night booking here in early May and applied SNA award, seems the track record here gives me a good chance of them being accepted ....... however, what are my chances of requesting a 101 view??

Obviously i know 'special view' suites are not covered, but wondered how often you get lucky here?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Originally Posted by andyishy
I have just made a 4 night booking here in early May and applied SNA award, seems the track record here gives me a good chance of them being accepted ....... however, what are my chances of requesting a 101 view??

Obviously i know 'special view' suites are not covered, but wondered how often you get lucky here?
Out of our 83 nights, 75 nights have been in marvelous suite and none are in the fantastic suite (101 view). But, I have considered ourselves lucky to been upgraded to marvelous suite for 75 nights. Using SNA on Friday and Saturday nights are not guaranteed, since SNA goes through a "different" system.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:38 pm

per wiki with their instant award, is everything to use pts is still valid at the hotel ? don't remember I seen the voucher or pamphlet at the property while staying back there 2 months ago..
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Furyleader
per wiki with their instant award, is everything to use pts is still valid at the hotel ? don't remember I seen the voucher or pamphlet at the property while staying back there 2 months ago..
Sometimes Instant Awards are updated from time to time (depending on property). You might need to check with the frontdesk if you don't see it in the room.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:03 am

Wiki updated.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Furyleader
Sometimes Instant Awards are updated from time to time (depending on property). You might need to check with the frontdesk if you don't see it in the room.
A bit old question, but anyway: the instant award list on the wiki is current - the same pamphlet is in my room now.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Another specificity of W Taipei: their W mugs (yellow or black).

I checked in other W hotels I stayed at and this is really a W Taipei-only offer. Got one, it's very nicely designed. Makes a way better gift than a Starbucks Taipei mug!

Julien
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
I seen this question asked a few times in the thread, and here it is again : How does this hotel treat Gold members ?

From what I've gathered, Complimentary Fiji water in room and Happy Hour at WooBar ? (is this for just 1 drink ?)

Still deciding on a place to stay during a 3 night visit this Dec. Other considerations are Shangri La and Grand Hyatt ... or are the other SPG choices worth a try as well ?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:28 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by wantan
I seen this question asked a few times in the thread, and here it is again : How does this hotel treat Gold members ?

From what I've gathered, Complimentary Fiji water in room and Happy Hour at WooBar ? (is this for just 1 drink ?)

Still deciding on a place to stay during a 3 night visit this Dec. Other considerations are Shangri La and Grand Hyatt ... or are the other SPG choices worth a try as well ?
Stayed for one night in July 2015 and was upgraded to one category above wonderful room.

There's some snack placed in the room inside plastic containers (nuts, m&m) as welcome amenity.

Fiji water is NT$260, not free, but they had free 2 Uni branded water available in similar size (500ml)

Happy hour was nice, everyday between 5-7pm for Platinum and Gold members. I had 2 drinks ordered (one for other guest in room). Menu below.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.