Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Hotel Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Occupancy Policy

Due to fire safety and security concerns, only registered hotel guests are allowed in guest rooms from 10pm to 8am. From 8am to 10pm, the maximum occupancy—including visitors (non-registered guests) and registered guests—for each room is as follows:
  • Wonderful, Fabulous and Spectacular Rooms: 5 adults
    • Cool Corner Room: 8 adults
      • Marvelous and Fantastic Suites: 10 adults
        • WOW Suite: 20 adults
          • Extremely WOW Suite: 30 adults
Print Wikipost

W Hotel Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I really liked the W Taipei - there isn’t much more that I could want from a hotel. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Note: I skipped the Woobar happy hour for Elites - it’s from 5 to 7.

Pros:
  • Upgraded to a nice Spectacular room on the 2nd-highest room floor with a great view of Taipei 101 (all suites besides WOW and EWOW were sold out online)
  • Room design is light and airy and still looks pretty good
  • Bed was fantastic with a super plush and soft mattress, plush pillows, and plush covers
  • Shower pressure from the rainfall head was good and strong
  • Brought some cakes as a welcome gift - haven’t tried them yet, but I’ll assume they’re good
  • Service at the front desk was nice - had multiple folks come out and talk to me, asking me about the hotels I’m trying this trip, etc.
  • 4 PM checkout was set up automatically
  • Elite breakfast at Yen on 31F was good - no wait at 8:30, but there was a line when I left at 9
    • Best hotel latte I’ve had in Taiwan so far - made by staff
    • Yummy omelet
    • Yummy chocolate and pecan muffin
    • Liked the truffle scrambled eggs

Cons:
  • At least one of the towels was a bit old and stringy

Photos:

Alawyer, gudugan, Illinwu and 5 others like this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 6:12 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I really liked the W Taipei - there isn’t much more that I could want from a hotel. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:
Pros:
  • Upgraded to a nice Spectacular room on the 2nd-highest room floor with a great view of Taipei 101 (all suites besides WOW and EWOW were sold out online)
You scored a good upgrade! Sometimes this category can be even more in demand than the lower floor Marvelous Suites without the 101 view.
The room looks like it hasn't been upgraded for a very long time but is still in good condition though. Did you check out the pool scene?
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 7:34 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Alawyer
You scored a good upgrade! Sometimes this category can be even more in demand than the lower floor Marvelous Suites without the 101 view.
The room looks like it hasn't been upgraded for a very long time but is still in good condition though. Did you check out the pool scene?
This was, of course, a Monday afternoon, but the pool didn't have a party vibe - several folks lounging in the sun. Besides the cartoon "No Drugs" sign at the check-in counter, I wouldn't have thought the property had any sort of unseemly nature to it - as I've seen commented on FT before. It just seemed like a nice Asian W to me - but then again, I also haven't seen any ghosts at the Grand Hyatt, so maybe I'm just missing out?
yscleo likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast

Pros:
  • Bed was fantastic with a super plush and soft mattress, plush pillows, and plush covers
  • Shower pressure from the rainfall head was good and strong
  • Brought some cakes as a welcome gift - haven’t tried them yet, but I’ll assume they’re good
  • Service at the front desk was nice - had multiple folks come out and talk to me, asking me about the hotels I’m trying this trip, etc.
  • 4 PM checkout was set up automatically
  • Elite breakfast at Yen on 31F was good - no wait at 8:30, but there was a line when I left at 9
    • Best hotel latte I’ve had in Taiwan so far - made by staff
    • Yummy omelet
    • Yummy chocolate and pecan muffin
    • Liked the truffle scrambled eggs

Cons:
  • At least one of the towels was a bit old and stringy
... and another city I will be visiting soon (albeit for a short 2 night stopover from last minute change) that EE has graciously did his reviews on.

Booked the W! No SNA left but hopefully can snag a Fantastic Suite upgrade.

I also have Istanbul planned for next fall and I already found your reviews there
Old Dec 28, 2023, 8:17 am

SNA success - marvelous suite

Had another very pleasant stay couple of weeks ago and SNA's went thru this time which was nice. Service here is always great. As Plat we usually get a decent upgrade to a corner room, so the SNA success was a nice surprise. They are renovating rooms from Dec 2023 to Nov 2024, we never saw or heard any work. Not sure if we had this in the fabulous room, but MS came with a Bose music system that you can connect to via Bluetooth (not very loud though &#128523. Breakfast is decent, not much changed in few years iirc (some staff recognized us from our previous stays) and gets quite busy by 8:30. Didn't use the WooBar drink credits this time. Every year I tell myself we should try Hotel Proverbs in Da'an but we keep coming back to W...

Chihster, gudugan and anteater like this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Checked in for NYE again... lovely as always

This is still the best in Taipei, Park Hyatt/Andaz opening next year (maybe too aggressive?) and FS the year after that, competition is coming...
yscleo and YariGuy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.