Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Hotel Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Occupancy Policy

Due to fire safety and security concerns, only registered hotel guests are allowed in guest rooms from 10pm to 8am. From 8am to 10pm, the maximum occupancy—including visitors (non-registered guests) and registered guests—for each room is as follows:
  • Wonderful, Fabulous and Spectacular Rooms: 5 adults
    • Cool Corner Room: 8 adults
      • Marvelous and Fantastic Suites: 10 adults
        • WOW Suite: 20 adults
          • Extremely WOW Suite: 30 adults
Print Wikipost

W Hotel Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
Just finished another excellent stay at this property in the Marvelous Suite. Was given 4pm checkout again even as just Gold, and concierge was exemplary as usual (this time I got some responses within minutes!) Definitely don't miss the terrible Grand Hyatt.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:11 pm

Does anyone know what toiletries does W Taipei provide these days? Is it still Bliss or has it been replaced by some other brand?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Does anyone know what toiletries does W Taipei provide these days? Is it still Bliss or has it been replaced by some other brand?
I stayed here for Xmas 2019, and the toiletries were still Bliss.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 12:02 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Anyone stayed in W during current corona times? How likely are suite upgrades? Do they give Wow Suites as upgrades or not?
Old Jul 27, 2020, 12:22 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Anyone stayed in W during current corona times? How likely are suite upgrades? Do they give Wow Suites as upgrades or not?
They have (4) WOW Suites and they are not given out as upgrades. They are available for purchase, though.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 12:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
They have (4) WOW Suites and they are not given out as upgrades. They are available for purchase, though.
Rates are through the roof even now, but thanks for info.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 1:12 am

There is a "Daydream" package rate that is about NTD 7000 with a NTD 4000 food and beverage credit. If you like their food / drink, it might be worthwhile.

Otherwise, if you just want cheap rates, look no further than the Sheraton Grand Taipei. It is only around NTD 3000 per night for the next few months.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:06 am
sjl

Programs: 1K, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Stayed at the W - Nov 2021

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I stayed here for Xmas 2019, and the toiletries were still Bliss.
Stayed in 11/21. No longer Bliss - changed to Davines

Also, Golds don't get Happy Hour in lounge benefits anymore either. Which was the main reason I had chosen W instead of other Bonvoy properties in Taipei .
Old Jan 16, 2023, 1:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Summary: Very fun hotel (stayed over NYE), great elite treatment.

Booking: 60k Marriott points for one night. The cash rate was about 55,000TWD (1800 USD) for the base room. Note that this is a special NYE rate and it was also Saturday night. Normal rates are about 10,000TWD (330 USD).
I won't complain about 3cpp though. I applied SNA at booking but it did not clear as the hotel was fully sold out. Clearly they can sustain these rates over NYE. They offered a Marvelous Suite at 112,500 points but I deemed this as not a great value. Cash+Points for a suite (if offered) is decent value as they usually sell the upgrade for 6,000 TWD (200 USD), which means you're effectively getting 0.37cpp for your points. Note that outside of peak dates it should probably be easy to get this as a free upgrade.

Location: This is basically the hotel to be in Xinyi, for the crowd who likes the W. The Grand Hyatt is another option but feels a lot more formal. The Park Hyatt/Andaz should open in ... 2024? Four Seasons will start construction ... soon?

Check-in: there's a reception on the first floor but it's mostly for luggage storage. Actual checkin is on the 10th floor. I wasn't able to check in early because the property was very very busy so came back around 14:30.

Elite benefits: This property treats elites exceptionally well. Picture attached, but here's the text:
Hello
Thank you for choosing W Taipei as your home away from home.
We truly appreciate your loyalty towards Marriott International as our Elite Platinum/ Titanium/Ambassador Member.
Your first journey with W Taipei is about to begin with the following complimentary benefits:
  • Complimentary upgrade to best available room including standard suite (when available) upon arrival.
  • Late check-out until 4 pm
  • Daily "First round on us" access from 11/1 5-7pm at WOOBAR (up to 2 guests per room)
  • Complimentary 330ml small bottle of Evian water in the mini bar (up to 2 guests per room)
  • Complimentary Internet Access
  • Don't forget to select your Welcome Gift:
  • Option 1. Additional 1000 points per stay
  • Option 2. Daily Breakfast at the kitchen table 06:30am - 10:00am on weekday and 06:30am - 10:30am on weekend up to 2 guests per room (reservation in advance is required)
Anything you need, just ask.
4pm late checkout guaranteed at checkin, on a Sunday morning, after NYE??? They should deserve a medal for this.
The happy hour is a single drink (or two if you have two people), I didn't take advantage of this.

Room: I had a Wonderful (base) room, it was pretty cool. It has a really large Bose subwoofer in it. Hahahahaha. Basically it looks like the pictures
The hotel is in an L shape and the room categories are basically split between size and views.
Wonderful room ... 43 sqm / 463 sq ft ... mine was facing east, no view
Fabulous room ... 46 sqm / 496 sq ft ... slight premium over wonderful but basically the same thing, no view
Spectacular room ... 43 sqm / 463 sq ft ... Taipei 101 view
Cool corner room ... 53 sqm / 570 sq ft ... no view. I don't see this one being sold often on the website
Marvelous suite ... 95 sqm / 1022 sq ft ... no view
Fantastic suite ... 70 sqm / 753 sq ft ... Taipei 101 view
Wow suite ... 116 sqm / 1248 sq ft ... Taipei 101 view
Extreme wow suite ... 365 sqm / 3927 sq ft ... Taipei 101 view

They place a price premium on the Taipei 101 views. However, the Fantastic suite really looks like a junior suite (from the photos) while the Marvelous suite is a full suite. Marvelous is the category that elites can get upgraded to and is also a category below Fantastic. That is to say, if the Taipei 101 view is very important to you, book a Spectacular room or Fantastic suite directly.

Other facilities: The bar on 31st floor is pretty nice, but the views weren't very special when I went. It also isn't open late. For better views of 101 you can go to CÉ LA VI on a clear night...
The pool is nice. Breakfast was also good quality, reminds me of the W Singapore Sentosa Cove. Staff were nice.

Old Jan 16, 2023, 1:41 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
It would have been more impressive if they gave you 4 PM checkout on NYE...I jest :-)
gudugan likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 1:53 am

The Kitchen Table at the W Taipei is closed from tomorrow. Breakfast will instead be served at YEN on the 31st floor.

gudugan likes this.
Old May 20, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
How's the upgrade rate at this hotel these days? I've stayed at the Le Meridien over a dozen times and have always gotten upgraded to a suite. I'm considering trying the W out to compare the two.
Old May 20, 2023, 3:09 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by BR787
How's the upgrade rate at this hotel these days? I've stayed at the Le Meridien over a dozen times and have always gotten upgraded to a suite. I'm considering trying the W out to compare the two.
They take care of Ambassador Elites very well. 🤙🏻🍹
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:41 am

If I’m a platinum elite but book though Amex travel, I’m guessing I don’t get any platinum benefits?
Old Aug 15, 2023, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by jacklee
If I’m a platinum elite but book though Amex travel, I’m guessing I don’t get any platinum benefits?
I have booked Fine Hotels & Resorts rate via Amex Travel with "pay at hotel" option, and have always received my Titanium or Platinum benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.