Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
The Elite Thank You program ended on December 31, 2017. You have until June 30, 2018, to award your Thank You certificates to SPG associates.

A great way to say thanks -

You expect and deserve outstanding service from SPG®. So when an associate goes above and beyond to make your stay, it’s nice to have a special way to express your thanks.

That’s what Elite Thank You certificates are all about. Print yours now to make the day of every deserving SPG associate who receives one.

Remember: All SPG associates and customer care agents are eligible to receive Elite Thank You certificates. Enjoy giving them — and we’ll keep looking for ways to earn them.

From T&C :"however, the certificates cannot be used as a form of bribery or fraud, nor may the certificates be sold in any manner"

Weblink : http://www.spg.com/elitethankyou

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is an Elite Thank You?
It's a certificate that an elite member can use to recognize a Starwood associate who provided outstanding service, whether in person or over the phone.

How do I get Elite Thank You certificates?
Please visit spg.com/elitethankyou to download and print your certificates.

Who is eligible to receive an Elite Thank You?
All Starwood associates in Customer Contact Centers or hotels that participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program are eligible, including but not limited to associates at the front desk, reservations line, concierge desk, bellhop service, restaurants, housekeeping, fitness centers, business centers and so forth. To give a certificate over the phone, just tell the associate you'd like to give him or her an Elite Thank You, then provide the unique code on the certificate.

Can I use an Elite Thank You certificate more than once?
No. Each Elite Thank You certificate has a unique code that can be used only once, so it can be given to only one person.

Can I give multiple Elite Thank You certificates to a single person?
Yes.

Can I get more Thank You certificates?
Members are eligible to request certificates when they renew or upgrade their elite status. No additional certificates can be requested.

How long are the Elite Thank You certificates valid?
Please see your certificates for the expiration date.
Print Wikipost

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:06 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Last time I received these I thought it was a great idea. I ended up bringing them on several trips including Italy & Aspen. When we received exceptional service I presented them, but was universally greeted with confusion. None of the people I gave them to seemed to have heard of them or understand what they were. (And I made sure to give at the same time we tipped so that they wouldn't think we were trying to substitute them for a tip Curious to hear from others who have used them.

Here is a question for those more aware of Japanese etiquette- if I bring these on our trip to Japan this month would they be appreciated, or would it be better to save them for other visits?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by damon88
Here is a question for those more aware of Japanese etiquette- if I bring these on our trip to Japan this month would they be appreciated, or would it be better to save them for other visits?

Thanks in advance.
I've definitely used them in Japan and they were appreciated (they knew what they were).
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Other than a "thank you", is there any additional benefit to the employee?
I asked my friend who's the GM of a Sheraton and he said for each Elite thank you cert received, the employee gets what amounts to a gold star in their HR file and, wait for it... 100 Starpoints!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
I, too, have been greeted with confused faces and overall underwhelming responses when handing these awards out. I think I've been issued these certificate cards twice by SPG, and I'm embarrassed to say I've probably lost more than I've given away.

Last edited by pageboy; Sep 7, 2016 at 7:34 pm
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I used these all the time. I even printed them out last time I asked for some, but they were ruined by the time I got to Greece. Now, my favorite Starwood stay goes unthanked. I guess I'll print more on some stronger card stock? But the expiration date of December is SO ridiculous. I went through this last year and am tired of it. For these to have any power to thank, they can't be available for only a few months.

That said, can we retroactively "thank" special people from our travels? I had the best stay of my life at Hotel Grande Bretagne in Athens. Our butler was great, our breakfast servers were great- everyone was great. But there are a few I wanted to single out so the property knew HOW great. Tipping is fine but we had a young man save us from being terrified over a protest going on outside our window. It was, they told us, the worst in Athens in years and we were right in the path of the protesters, who lines the streets as far as we could see. Being American, we thought it would be nasty, but one young man delivering something to our suite, stayed and explained in perfect English just what it was about and why we were safe. It was our last night there and we'd had a perfect stay. This young man had been helpful all week, but that night, he showed us WHY HGB employed him.

I leave for more Starwoods at the end of the month as long as the rates drop, and I'd love to have the real cards. But I'll go buy a stronger paper. This is NOT what I've come to expect from Starwood. As a Lifetime Plat, I've always loved SPG. I do hope this whole thank-you card thing has nothing to do with Marriott.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by thaliajen
I used these all the time. I even printed them out last time I asked for some, but they were ruined by the time I got to Greece. Now, my favorite Starwood stay goes unthanked. I guess I'll print more on some stronger card stock? But the expiration date of December is SO ridiculous. I went through this last year and am tired of it. For these to have any power to thank, they can't be available for only a few months.

That said, can we retroactively "thank" special people from our travels? I had the best stay of my life at Hotel Grande Bretagne in Athens. Our butler was great, our breakfast servers were great- everyone was great. But there are a few I wanted to single out so the property knew HOW great. Tipping is fine but we had a young man save us from being terrified over a protest going on outside our window. It was, they told us, the worst in Athens in years and we were right in the path of the protesters, who lines the streets as far as we could see. Being American, we thought it would be nasty, but one young man delivering something to our suite, stayed and explained in perfect English just what it was about and why we were safe. It was our last night there and we'd had a perfect stay. This young man had been helpful all week, but that night, he showed us WHY HGB employed him.

I leave for more Starwoods at the end of the month as long as the rates drop, and I'd love to have the real cards. But I'll go buy a stronger paper. This is NOT what I've come to expect from Starwood. As a Lifetime Plat, I've always loved SPG. I do hope this whole thank-you card thing has nothing to do with Marriott.
Given there is very little reward using these cards, the best "thank you" you can give is what you wrote above. Send it directly to the property, naming names where you can, and it will probably do more for the everyone involved. Positive comments are pretty rare and will stick in memories more than 100 SPG points.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:40 pm

I signed in to print out some thank you certificates that expire December 31, 2016 but it showed me certificates expiring December 31, 2017! Are these next years certificates? What happened to this years? I don't want to give out the same cert twice!

This is why I preferred the certs that were mailed out!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:36 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
yeah, same here... i wanted to give them out during december stays. I can only see the ones with "expires DEC 31 2017".

Why cant u just print them all at once ?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by cln
Why cant u just print them all at once ?
I wish I did print them, even if they are not available on one page.

I have been waiting a few weeks for a response to my request for the 2016 certs. Was told by telephone on Thursday I could expect results Friday but I continue to wait.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:23 am

Today I was told if I should see both 2016 and 2017 certs once I sign in. It only shows 2017. Anybody seeing both years?

https://www.spgpromos.com/elitethankyou/
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by gregv
Today I was told if I should see both 2016 and 2017 certs once I sign in. It only shows 2017. Anybody seeing both years?

https://www.spgpromos.com/elitethankyou/
They called back and said only spg platinum liason could help further and that I should email them..which is back to where I started 4 weeks ago! It was my plat liason request that I was trying to get an update on by telephone. I was calling plat concierge...does plat liason have a telephone #?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Is there any way to see which certificates have been redeemed? I had a mix up with the ones I printed and now am not sure which ones are "unused".
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by gregv
They called back and said only spg platinum liason could help further and that I should email them..which is back to where I started 4 weeks ago! It was my plat liason request that I was trying to get an update on by telephone. I was calling plat concierge...does plat liason have a telephone #?
Platinum liason emailed to say that any certificates that have not expired should be available online. This is the same platinum liason who emailed me November 17 and said he would assist in getting access to the 2016 certs. No progress after 4 weeks so I give up.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Is this something I can award online after a stay? I always forget about this when I am at the hotel.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Is there a link? I loved these certificates and am now in need of one. Since Starwood stopped mailing them, I'd love to know how and where we can get them now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.