Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Josun Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Fitness Facility Closed Every First Monday

The first Monday of the month, the hotel's fitness facility is closed. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

The Westin Josun Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2013, 2:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Originally Posted by Vuelos
A standard room...
What Vuelos said. My guests and I have been treated quite well at this hotel but have never received a suite upgrade.
Old May 19, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by mackenzie77
What Vuelos said. My guests and I have been treated quite well at this hotel but have never received a suite upgrade.
I received a great suite upgrade last month as a Platinum. Great Hotel..
Old May 19, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Air New Zealand Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Accor Platinum
I did get a Junior Suite last time which was - quite literally a junior suite.

It's a decent enough hotel but on occasions I do find the service can sometimes be frustratingly inflexible.
Old May 20, 2013, 1:34 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
My wife and I stayed there mid-last month on a 5-night award. The Westin is in an excellent location, and is easy to get to by taking the bus as everyone else mentioned.

I emailed them ahead of time and asked for a club level upgrade as it was our 4-year anniversary and I'm a gold member. They totally exceeded expectations with an upgrade and an anniversary cake!

Service was excellent, and the facilities were quite nice, especially the gym. The room was ok, pretty standard for a business hotel, but I would definitely stay here again.

Recap here with pics for anyone who is interested: http://theselfishyears.com/2013/05/2...westin-chosun/
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, Delta Plat
Just sent the weekend there on a 2 night stay. Upgraded to junior suite as a plat. =)
Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Gold, HH Diamond
Executive Lounge Cocktail and Evening Snacks?

I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to upgrade from Business Deluxe to Executive Level. What snacks does the evening hour offer? enough for a meal? Can you take breakfast in Aria or it that reserved for platinum members?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Plat
can't take breakfast in aria. breakfast was the best i've seen in a lounge (there was an omlette station on a couple days). could easily make a dinner out of the 6-8pm happy hour. both breakfast and happy hour spreads changed nightly according to a schedule outside the lounge.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:59 am

Westin Chosun Seoul

Looking at this property and considering redeeming points for five nights. Anybody has stayed there recently and can clarify if there is no free wi-fi in the rooms for non-elite SPG members?

Also, what is the bus number from ICN? I don`t see that info on their website, but assume since every hotel has a bus stop in front of them, this one should has airport bus stop as well.
Is it really showing aging? I am considering this hotel mainly because of it`s location.
Thank you!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Kat007
Also, what is the bus number from ICN? I don`t see that info on their website, but assume since every hotel has a bus stop in front of them, this one should has airport bus stop as well.
Is it really showing aging? I am considering this hotel mainly because of it`s location.
Thank you!
You take the KAL Limo bus from either exit 4B or 11A.
I don't recall the bus number, but you just tell the attendant " Westin Chosun" and he will put you in the correct line, and sell you the bus ticket
(15,000 KRW)
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:49 am

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Anyone can recall if Westin Chosun has a buy up offer to Club? Some hotels do offer an upgrade after booking..
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG/Marriott PLT
Need some advise.
Wife + mother-in-law + myself is planning on staying here for 4 nights in mid-march, its calling for 16k a night, that's not a problem.
Naturally I would book a 2 bed room for all of us, but I'm afraid that might hinder my chance for an upgrade. I'm Plt with SPG, and I also have the 10 suite upgrade I can use.

My choice in order would look something like this
1) Large suite with 2 beds
2) Large suite with 1 bed (I'll sleep on the couch or floor or add bed ?)
3) Regular room with 2 beds
4) regular room with 1 bed (I'll sleep in the bathroom floor I guess)

Question is how should I book the room ?
Reserve a 2 beds and apply upgrade or reserve a king bed and apply upgrade (or not)

Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Usual wisdom is that if you must have a suite, book and pay for it.
Upgrades are always subject to availability.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 4:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by greasy
Need some advise.
Wife + mother-in-law + myself is planning on staying here for 4 nights in mid-march, its calling for 16k a night, that's not a problem.
Naturally I would book a 2 bed room for all of us, but I'm afraid that might hinder my chance for an upgrade. I'm Plt with SPG, and I also have the 10 suite upgrade I can use.

My choice in order would look something like this
1) Large suite with 2 beds
2) Large suite with 1 bed (I'll sleep on the couch or floor or add bed ?)
3) Regular room with 2 beds
4) regular room with 1 bed (I'll sleep in the bathroom floor I guess)

Question is how should I book the room ?
Reserve a 2 beds and apply upgrade or reserve a king bed and apply upgrade (or not)

Thanks
The SNAs only get you a Junior Suite which at the Chosun aren't suites at all but rather larger standard rooms. Still might be tight with an extra bed, although I reckon its possible (in standard room, there would be climbing over the extra bed to get around).
Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
In my experience, the Westin Chosun Seoul is very stingy with upgrades.

I stay here every few months, mainly because the location is excellent for my needs. I always book an executive club level room, and I've never been upgraded despite there always being junior suite availability (I've even asked at check-in, only to be very politely told no). Using an SNA will only get you into the most basic junior suite (despite many levels of junior suites and suites they could make available for SNA upgrades).

Whenever possible, I now try to stay at the Sheraton D Cube City which is better in every regard, except for location.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG/Marriott PLT
Westin Chosun, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Does it mean I'll have a better chance of getting a larger suite if I DONT apply SNA ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.