Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Josun Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Fitness Facility Closed Every First Monday

The first Monday of the month, the hotel's fitness facility is closed. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

The Westin Josun Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I haven't had breakfast yet, but I was given the option at check-in to have breakfast in either the lounge or restaurant. I'd be surprised if the lounge is better?
Oops my mistake, what I heard was that the spread in the main restaurant was much better.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 1:09 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Yep, the Westin Josun is easily the epitome of what I look for in a hotel - namely, a wonderful Westin - hah! Needless to say, I loved the property and would return in a heartbeat. I would even stay here for two nights ;-)

Pros:
  • Upgraded to an Executive Suite despite no rooms showing as available the night before arrival - the upgrade showed up mid morning before arrival
  • The suite is tasteful with lovely light wood tones throughout (which I love), 1.5 bathrooms, and full bedroom separation
  • Large desk and comfortable couch and furniture
  • Amazing bed - just-right mattress, super fluffy covers, plush pillows
  • Shower pressure was good
  • Speedy WiFi - I downloaded the 16 GB new Zelda game on my Switch in less than an hour
  • Large TVs with Android TV for applications, such as YouTube
  • Nice views of the traditional building, Seoul Plaza, and other surroundings
  • So many outlets with lots of 110 V and international options
  • Brought some socks that came with my room package (cheapest rate I could find) - I Hate Mondays, ironically delivered on a Monday
  • Told at check-in I would be receiving welcome points, restaurant breakfast, and the amenity - the same jerky, almond brittle, and wine others mentioned
  • They asked about late checkout, and while they seemed a bit doubtful did give me the 2 PM I asked for
  • Amazing desserts in the afternoon club lounge offering (I missed evening service) - the best macarons and choux puffs!!!!
  • Restaurant breakfast (I did not try the lounge) was quite good - nice omelet station, tasty latte from the barista bar, really tasty waffles and chocolate croissant
  • Really soft and obviously new towels
  • Just the most immaculate vibes
Cons:
  • Nothing
I would return in a heartbeat - can I live here?

Photos:

Old May 9, 2023, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EP, Marriott LTP
I got lost on the way to this hotel on a cold rainy night a few years ago, my first visit to SK. The warm smile of the beautifully-attired porter who opened the door of my taxi at the Westin porte cochere is one of my fondest memories of Seoul.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
A nice stay, good location, I always like to return here The photos just above are accurate. Very busy this weekend. No upgrade as Ambassador, but received a top floor king room.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 3:47 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by vanabb
A nice stay, good location, I always like to return here The photos just above are accurate. Very busy this weekend. No upgrade as Ambassador, but received a top floor king room.
I was going to spend a night at the Four Points Myeongdong and the Aloft Myeongdong to try them out but decided to consolidate (and pay a lot more money) to just spend two nights at the Westin later this month. The vibes are immaculate. At least, my rate says it comes with a 2024 calendar ;-)
Old Dec 2, 2023, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I was going to spend a night at the Four Points Myeongdong and the Aloft Myeongdong to try them out but decided to consolidate (and pay a lot more money) to just spend two nights at the Westin later this month. The vibes are immaculate. At least, my rate says it comes with a 2024 calendar ;-)
You're not missing much at the Aloft but it is somewhat across the street from the Westin.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:18 pm

This is what I call a good selection of afternoon snacks - every bite was delicious!

Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:04 am

Updated impressions after my 2nd stay here:
  • Delightful property
  • Porters are very friendly - one thought I was really cold (I was)
  • No upgrade other than “Pagoda view” - no suites available online for my 2 nights
  • Base room is less “wow” than the suites but still comfortable and functional with all of the expected furniture
  • Bed is fantastic - the mattress really is just right - supportive with a slightly fluffy top that goes in as you press down with your body but doesn’t feel like you are falling - heavy covers that envelop you, plush pillows that aren’t too high or fat - slept fantastically
  • Even with the half glass and shower tub combo, the shower had good pressure and the water didn’t leak onto the floor, surprisingly
  • No AC, but it really was cold - windows can open and have insect shades - but older glass means the window side is colder regardless - means the room doesn’t feel stuffy or over-heated
  • Welcome gift is points, breakfast, and gift (no choice) - the wine, jerky, and nuts really aren’t my thing - but I appreciate “getting all three choices”
  • No issue with 4 PM late checkout
  • Club lounge has the most delicious choux and macarons during afternoon snacks - no desserts during evening service, though
  • Restaurant breakfast is very good with tasty omelets, good pancakes, barista lattes, good salmon, the tastiest sweet yet salty croissants, etc

I will be back.

Photos:

lamphs and The Narwhal like this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ElevatorEnthusiast The standard rooms here are beating the renovated standard rooms at Grand Hyatt. At least, Josun doesn't make you pick between a bidet or a bathtub.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
ElevatorEnthusiast The standard rooms here are beating the renovated standard rooms at Grand Hyatt. At least, Josun doesn't make you pick between a bidet or a bathtub.
I would agree - GH is more aesthetically attractive IMO, but Westin Josun has a better bed and better shower pressure (not to mention a better location).
Old Dec 21, 2023, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would agree - GH is more aesthetically attractive IMO, but Westin Josun has a better bed and better shower pressure (not to mention a better location).
This property will also upgrade to suites, if available (top tier elites). GH Seoul will only do so using a SUA and actively blocks or resists giving anything more than a one category to Globalists. I think Aria buffet is much better than Grand Hyatt's as well.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
So I checked in today, and the Front Desk Clerk started to explain various features of the hotel.
I told him I have been staying here prior to his having been born ( my first stay was 1978), and that
I have over 50 stays at this property. He told me their records show that I have not been here before.
What gives? A new computer system, or a name/number mismatch, or???
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
So I checked in today, and the Front Desk Clerk started to explain various features of the hotel.
I told him I have been staying here prior to his having been born ( my first stay was 1978), and that
I have over 50 stays at this property. He told me their records show that I have not been here before.
What gives? A new computer system, or a name/number mismatch, or???
Starwood data was lost in the transition to Bonvoy.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:54 pm

Programs: hyatt globalist
3 in a room

Has anyone stayed here on points - 3 people in a room? Were there extra charges? It says there will be extra charges on site for 3 people in a room but not sure if it applies to points reservations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.