Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Tier, CP, and flight or credit posting issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle

I was able to log in and I see a message that states it cannot determine my A-List Status at this time...

Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
800-445-5764 has a totally new menu now, it auto matches your phone # to your RR account, and it will tell you if you are A List Preferred , A list, or standard
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
I was able to log in at 4:30 MST this morning. Website was sluggish, probably due to high traffic. I was eventually able to see all my data. Everything but CP looked OK. I made A-List Preferred, as expected, but looks like I got SCREWED out of 9 months of CP. My CP last rolled over 8/1/10 and I had already accumulated 135 of the old CPs by Feb 28, enough to get CP through 9/30/12 under the old RR. The site only shows me having CP through 12/31/11. I am NOT happy!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, SPG Gold
Web site tells me that it is currently unable to complete my request.

Phone line authenticates me, shows zero points (correct), and lists me as A-List. But, it also shows no flight activity in last 30 days, which is inaccurate, as I've had about 10 segments in Feb., including two yesterday, the morning one of which showed up correctly on the "old" phone system.

Holding out hope that my account is still being swept, and that when the 30 days of recent flight data show up my tiering is upgraded, since -- as those who may remember my Philly question in another thread recall -- last night's flight marked segment #50 in the preceding 12 months.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:52 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
I was able to log in at 4:30 MST this morning. Website was sluggish, probably due to high traffic. I was eventually able to see all my data. Everything but CP looked OK. I made A-List Preferred, as expected, but looks like I got SCREWED out of 9 months of CP. My CP last rolled over 8/1/10 and I had already accumulated 135 of the old CPs by Feb 28, enough to get CP through 9/30/12 under the old RR. The site only shows me having CP through 12/31/11. I am NOT happy!
The phone system says I have CP through 2011 although I have also requalified already. I'm not concerned at all. It will definitely get sorted out on or before my mid-2011 renewal date.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
Originally Posted by nsx
The phone system says I have CP through 2011 although I have also requalified already. I'm not concerned at all. It will definitely get sorted out on or before my mid-2011 renewal date.
If you get it sorted out, I look forward to learning how you do it, as I'm in a similar situation.

My Comapanion pass is currently valid through 8/31/2011, and I had already requalified with a bance of 195+, as of 2/27/2011.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:14 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I did get my list of unused awards (not including the used ones anymore). But "We are currently unable to display your Credit Expriation (sic) dates. Please try again later. "

Then the system logged me out unceremoniously.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:51 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Tier issues

I have some good news (I think) from those of you wondering about your tier levels. This is what I was told: "There was a technical problem with the Tier loading last night/this morning. The Tiers are now loaded and accounts are updated. We will be running an update tomorrow to extend Members’ tiers who have already qualified for a 2012 expiration. Tier Members’ future reservations will then be updated reflecting their new tier status we expect this process to be completed by Thursday morning. We will run a final Tier update with late posting data and update those accounts with 2012 expirations over the weekend."

The bolding is mine.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by SWABrian
I have some good news (I think) from those of you wondering about your tier levels. This is what I was told: "There was a technical problem with the Tier loading last night/this morning. The Tiers are now loaded and accounts are updated. We will be running an update tomorrow to extend Members’ tiers who have already qualified for a 2012 expiration. Tier Members’ future reservations will then be updated reflecting their new tier status we expect this process to be completed by Thursday morning. We will run a final Tier update with late posting data and update those accounts with 2012 expirations over the weekend."

The bolding is mine.
Simple question SWABrian:

Will the A Plus Preferred sweep qualification be for 1/1/2010 through 12/31/2010 or for 3/1/2010 through 2/28/2011?

Or will it be for either?

I qualify for calendar year 2010, but not March to March so this is a big difference for me.

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by forlan
Will the A Plus Preferred sweep qualification be for 1/1/2010 through 12/31/2010 or for 3/1/2010 through 2/28/2011?
Brian's post mentions that members are seeing a 12/31/11 but not a 12/31/12 expiration date as many had expected. The fact that they are fixing this is good news: renewals CP earned on the old site weren't exactly clear. A list were pretty clear though.

Forlan--Unfortunately from the data I've seen and what you posted, the a-list preferred sweep was done 3/1/10-2/28/11. That's in line with what I had been indicating would happen on another thread. It's also why I spent $300+ and flew 10 extra flights in the last few weeks. A family member had to fly almost 20 extra $19 segments and earned the 50th yesterday morning.

Since Brian indicated long ago that they wouldn't give him an answer prior to 3/1, a couple weeks back I talked to a Southwest HDQ RR representative who took several days and went up several layers of the food chain, to both IT and the RR bosses, to call me back with the answer that it was a 1 time sweep Mar 1-Feb 28th, not a rolling 1 year, or based on 2010 calendar year. I didn't want to hang that person out to dry if it didn't go the way he said due to a last minute it glitch, or posting issues on 2/28 flights, so that's why I held off on posting more specifics on that thread.

Last edited by expert7700; Mar 1, 2011 at 9:28 am
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: Amex Platinum; Southwest A-list; BW Diamond; Hilton Gold; CO Silver; Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by expert7700
if the website is ever down or buggy (never happen, right??), the 800-445-5764 automated RR status menu now reports tier status and expiration date.
Just jumped off a conference call and called this number- thanks for the tip!

Well, looks like they gave me A- (meaning that the requal period WAS March-March rather than Jan-Dec.

Ah well, F 'em. Plan B is Plan B.

FAO: other AL/CP members who thought they deserved A+ but got A-, please be aware that UA will match to 1P on an easy 90 day/17.5K challenge if you scan and email (or fax, if you're from the 1980s) copies of your AL/CP card.

Cool thing is, once you finish up the challenge you stay 1P until mid 2012, meaning that if you crumble and return to WN in a couple of months (which I don't rule out for myself, per previous posts) then you get to retain 1P/*G for the whole of 2011 but have plenty of time to requal for AL.

Hard to believe WN would willingly irritate customers who would've been A+ last year over a few extra miles and (theoretical) comp. Wifi.

2011 has already seen UA/CO enjoy over $4,000 in revenue that could've been WN's on my account, and I can't be the only one of their FFs who was livid at the intentional ambiguity regarding who would reach which tier. Daft.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by CALimey
Well, looks like they gave me A- (meaning that the requal period WAS March-March rather than Jan-Dec.............

Daft.
Indeed.

Nothing like switching to a Jan-Dec calendar year rewards system...but then basing the initial elite levels on something else.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:54 am

Brian's post mentions that members are seeing a 12/31/11 but not a 12/31/12 expiration date as many had expected. The fact that they are fixing this is good news: renewals CP earned on the old site weren't exactly clear. A list were pretty clear though.

Forlan--Unfortunately from the data I've seen and what you posted, the a-list preferred sweep was done 3/1/10-2/28/11. That's in line with what I had been indicating would happen on another thread. It's also why I spent $300+ and flew 10 extra flights in the last few weeks. A family member had to fly almost 20 extra $19 segments and earned the 50th yesterday morning.

Since Brian indicated long ago that they wouldn't give him an answer prior to 3/1, a couple weeks back I talked to a Southwest HDQ RR representative who took several days and went up several layers of the food chain, to both IT and the RR bosses, to call me back with the answer that it was a 1 time sweep Mar 1-Feb 28th, not a rolling 1 year, or based on 2010 calendar year. I didn't want to hang that person out to dry if it didn't go the way he said due to a last minute it glitch, or posting issues on 2/28 flights, so that's why I held off on posting more specifics on that thread.
Thats a bummer for me.

So just a follow up if you dont mind, because after reading a ton it is still unclear to me:

For earning "tier points" - the website uses a term called "base points". What I want to know is if I am currently A List (not preferred), and I fly on a base wanna get away 100 dollar ticket, I earn 750 points because of A list rather than 600 if I wasnt A list.

For Tier Points A List and A List Preferred qualification, do I get the full 750 points or does the term "base points" mean that I only get 600?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
Originally Posted by forlan
Thats a bummer for me.

So just a follow up if you dont mind, because after reading a ton it is still unclear to me:

For earning "tier points" - the website uses a term called "base points". What I want to know is if I am currently A List (not preferred), and I fly on a base wanna get away 100 dollar ticket, I earn 750 points because of A list rather than 600 if I wasnt A list.

For Tier Points A List and A List Preferred qualification, do I get the full 750 points or does the term "base points" mean that I only get 600?

Thanks in advance.
I am unclear on this as well...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler

I couldn't log onto my RR account on the website, but called the automated 800# and they said I was A-List Preferred. I flew 50 segments between March 2010 and 2/28/11, so I had to have made A-List Preferred based on that time period rather than calendar year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.