Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Tier, CP, and flight or credit posting issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier, CP, and flight or credit posting issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by dlaue
I have had a companion pass ever since this benefit was created.

My current companion pass was set to expire on 3/31/11.

I have 150+ credits towards a new companion pass.

I just looked at RR 2.0 display.

It says my new companion pass will only be good until 12/31/11.

...?

Under the old system, the pass would have been reissued to expire in April 2012.

Have I been robbed?
FWIW... I was issued my (first) companion pass around Feb 16th of this year with an expiration of 3/31/12.

The website is now saying an expiration of 12/31/11.

Not thrilled. I'm calling somebody next week if this continues to be the case. My companion pass info is wildly inconsistent right now.

You would have thought they would have tested these with a few anonymized accounts and checked for accuracy.

Or not.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Beware of missing future CP/AWARD flights

The upcoming flight data is starting to show up, but in my case award/CP booked flights are missing after the shift to 2.0. They previously showed up on my upcoming flights.

I have 6 1 way award flights with dates from 3/10 to 3/17 that I booked for family members that are missing.

I also have 3 RT award flights with dates in May that are missing.

Last, I have a CP booking I made for a flight in May that is missing. If I look at the matching record for my flight, it doesn't reflect having a CP attached and you can even ADD CP to it again.

Arrgh.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Originally Posted by tmread
FWIW... I was issued my (first) companion pass around Feb 16th of this year with an expiration of 3/31/12.

The website is now saying an expiration of 12/31/11.

Not thrilled. I'm calling somebody next week if this continues to be the case. My companion pass info is wildly inconsistent right now.

You would have thought they would have tested these with a few anonymized accounts and checked for accuracy.

Or not.
Same experience here. I have been patient with the whole change over and was hoping that everything would return to calm today, but still noticing various inconsistencies with my CP. The website says my CP expires on 12/31/2011 but the automated 800 number disagrees and says that my CP expires on 12/31/2012.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:49 am

RR 2.0 CP & A-List Qualification Questions

Hi All,

Right now, I have 40 credits toward CP, needing 60 by 12/10/11 (this is the old system version). It's true that I have until 12/10/11 to earn my 60 credits through credit card spend at $1200/credit and one way flight=1 credit, correct? Southwest is in fact doing the "rolling" 12 month program through the end of 2011? Where is this old system being tracked, because i'm doing it manually now since I don't trust Southwest (:

For A-List, you needed 32 one way flights in the old system. In July of this year, I will hit 32 one way flights (from July of 2010 to July of 2011). Am I correct in assuming that Southwest is also honoring the old system requirements through all of 2011? I just want to make sure I have my information correct and that I will in fact hit A-List in July.

Thanks for all of your help!!
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:13 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Yes, you are correct on all points.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: exp 4.3mm miles
I must say I am totally confused with this new rr2.0. Before the end of February I had about 95 credits toward companion pass I charged $30k+ on my SW Visa that should have posted on feb 28 but now I am like 40% of qualifying for companion pass!!?? I called Wednesday and the csr had advised me to check back in 48 hours. Also in one spot on the sw web site it says I am on a list and another I'm about 30% there. I plan to call sw again on Monday. But does anyone know if based on 95 segments toward companion pass at feb 28 if I should be able to transfer my credit card points to round my segments up to 100 and qualify for companion pass or because I did not qualify for companion pass at feb 28, I am screwed?? Also if I do qualify for companion pass by transferring points from my credit card will it expire in 12 months? At 12/31/2011 or 12/31/2012? The new SWrr2 in my humble opinion is a real cluster f. Any answers out there from anyone? Anyone?? Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 7:11 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by wdbaldwin
I must say I am totally confused with this new rr2.0. Before the end of February I had about 95 credits toward companion pass I charged $30k+ on my SW Visa that should have posted on feb 28 but now I am like 40% of qualifying for companion pass!!?? I called Wednesday and the csr had advised me to check back in 48 hours. Also in one spot on the sw web site it says I am on a list and another I'm about 30% there. I plan to call sw again on Monday. But does anyone know if based on 95 segments toward companion pass at feb 28 if I should be able to transfer my credit card points to round my segments up to 100 and qualify for companion pass or because I did not qualify for companion pass at feb 28, I am screwed?? Also if I do qualify for companion pass by transferring points from my credit card will it expire in 12 months? At 12/31/2011 or 12/31/2012? The new SWrr2 in my humble opinion is a real cluster f. Any answers out there from anyone? Anyone?? Thanks.
Your questions were answered here, but the thread has fallen to page 3:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...mail-only.html

It's also covered on blogsouthwest.com
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:49 am
dc2

Programs: Marriott: LTP
Question for WTG fares booked before 3/1/2011, but flown after 3/1/2011--How is SWA figuring out how many points to assign?

When I booked the travel, it was 1 credit each way. The equivalent would be 1200 points each way. But, if I purchased the same itinerary today the WTG fare outbound points are 696 points and the return points are 354. I imagine the values will go higher the closer to departure--so what point values will SWA assign to these previously booked flights?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by liz4153
I am looking on the new website for information about the two ways to earn A-List through 2011 (32 flights or the new 25 flights) and also for the information about points to credit conversion. Anyone see it yet?
+1. I had 25 flights between 3/1/10 and 2/28/11. Actually, all but one or two since August 2010. I will easily cross 32 flights by April.

I assume that I become A-List when I complete the 32nd flight per the "old" rules? The website now only shows the "new" rules - my flights taken since 1/1/11.

At least...that's what I gather here from reading numerous threads. I can't find that rule posted on the website. In fact, I was half-expecting that the 25 flights might trigger A- the way 50 flights seems to have triggered A+. But that did not happen.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:03 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pinniped
I assume that I become A-List when I complete the 32nd flight per the "old" rules? The website now only shows the "new" rules - my flights taken since 1/1/11.
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...mail-only.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.