Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Post your boarding card # for EB (Early Bird) checkin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your boarding card # for EB (Early Bird) checkin

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 6:37 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA LT Gold, SouthWest Comp Pass
I too was under the impression that with EBCI it didn't really matter when we checked in. I thought it was a "reservation" for a low boarding pass, but apparently not.

Today at T-21 I got:
SMF-LAS: B01
LAS-MSY: A54

Not so good.

Not sure I got much value out of the EBCI. If it can't do any better than that I'll go back to the mad-dash-24-hour-prior method we all used before EBCI.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:58 pm
Original Member

10/1

LAS-JAX
1:00PM

A-23 with EBCI

Only plan on using this for long flights. And I will be taking LESS of them on WN because of EBCI

An earlier post indicated that WN sends you an e-mail at T-36 saying that you are checked in and have boarding pass #XX

I did not receive any e-mail...
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:50 pm

EBCI was purchased on 9/3 for the following:

10/3 MDW-LAS received A22 & A23

10/6 LAS-MDW received A26 & A27

On the outbound flight we were able to garner seats in an exit row. It was one of the few wins that would be experienced on this trip out to Vegas.

I must say that EBCI was really convenient for the simple fact that I didn't have to worry about t-24 while in Vegas.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:53 pm

It sounds like when it works, it is great. But some of us are experiencing times when it's not working. As I posted earlier in another thread I started about this, I used it on a round trip and paid the $20 to cover both trips. Well, it worked beautifully on the way out, but did not work at all on the way back. The plane was 2/3 full and I was in the bottom. Everyone ahead of me had no idea what EB was--they didn't pay for it. So it didn't work.

The whole point of EB is that you don't have to sit at a computer and "check in" at any time at all. They automatically check you in at 36 hours based on when you bought the EB. But, if it doesn't work, and you go in 6 hours before your flight to print your boarding pass, you are getting a horrible boarding priority. That's what happened to me. It's happening to others!

One might say, 2/3 full so who cares? I did because it was arriving late at night and I needed to catch a train. That's why I bought the EB in the first place. And it didn't work.

SWA has to fix its computer glitch because it sounds like it's not working for others either. Contact Customer Care.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by HRDiva
SWA has to fix its computer glitch because it sounds like it's not working for others either. Contact Customer Care.
I did contact customer care and they were not very sympathetic. After I explained how it was supposed to work, the agent did admit that they knew very little about EBCI and couldn't do anything about it.

Somehow we need them to get some visibility on the problem.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Southwest A-List, Southwest CP, Hertz #1 Club Gold 5*,
Flights tomorrow, BHM-LAS:

Me (award ticket): A 17

Wife (companion pass): A 18

Purchased EB about a week after it was announced. I'd say we have a decent chance of snagging exit rows on this nonstop, assuming no thru passengers.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Flight on 10 Oct

BNA- PVD

me- A-18
wife A-19

Purchased tickets mid summer. Purchased EBCI the day it was rolled out.

Third experience with EBCI and so far good.

On my second EBCI a couple weeks ago, I was in an isolated area in southern Utah at T-24 with no service connections, so could not possibly have checked in. The EBCI worked well for me. I ended up with an exit row on my LAS- BNA flight. I would very likely have gotten a C boarding pass without EBCI.

My return next week PVD-BNA will have us in the same situation. Will be in rural Maine at T-24, so again likely unable to check in at T-24. I trust EBCI will come through for us again.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by 6P&E
Flight on 10 Oct

BNA- PVD

me- A-18
wife A-19

Purchased tickets mid summer. Purchased EBCI the day it was rolled out.

Third experience with EBCI and so far good.

On my second EBCI a couple weeks ago, I was in an isolated area in southern Utah at T-24 with no service connections, so could not possibly have checked in. The EBCI worked well for me. I ended up with an exit row on my LAS- BNA flight. I would very likely have gotten a C boarding pass without EBCI.

My return next week PVD-BNA will have us in the same situation. Will be in rural Maine at T-24, so again likely unable to check in at T-24. I trust EBCI will come through for us again.
I think this will be the primary reason for purchasing EBCI. Not having to check in at exactly T-24. The better BP number is a secondary, although very nice, benefit.

I have purchased EBCI for 3 trips, all on the return leg from LAS. Did not purchase EBCI for any of the outbounds, as T-24 usually yields a decent A number.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:31 am

FLL-MCO-MCI 8.55 a.m.

I made a few changes in this booking; when I settled on this flight pair 15 days ahead, I saw that I'd be inflight at T-24, and bought EBCI.

FLL-MCO A-23. I was listening to the iPod when the OA made his first spiel with the incoming flight in range; heard him give Tampa as the first stop and an 8.50 departure time; figured those were slips of the tongue, then he came back and said he was at the wrong gate.

MCO-MCI A-21. As I got to the gate, they were saying there was messy weather in the Midwest, and people who wanted to know more should ask at the counter. Someone near where I sat went and found out no problems to MCI, but possibly for the continuation to DEN, but that wound up being on time. Got the exit aisle.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
I purchased EB for myself and got A18. Was not sure I would be near a PC at T -24. Was going to save wife a seat.

Checked wife in at T -23:59 (I was near a PC after all) and got A 21.

So, unless I am not at a PC at T -24 (and no close friend either), I will not be buying the EB at this point. Well, maybe I will if on a 3.5 + hour flight.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
EB purchased a week or so after it was introduced for the following:

10/11 FLL-HOU A-21
10/11 HOU-HRL A-20

Definitely worth the money for those disembarking a cruise, especially those who don't want to pay for internet access while onboard.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 6:18 pm

Today I got A20 for both flights SLC-LAS-SMF
These were award tickets and I only redeemed and purchased EBCI about 30 hours prior to the flight.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Poor sis paid $10 to have the honor of getting a B-20 for a MDW->SEA flight this Sunday (10-18).

At least she will be an A lister after that trip.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by luv2buynfly
I too was under the impression that with EBCI it didn't really matter when we checked in. I thought it was a "reservation" for a low boarding pass, but apparently not.

Today at T-21 I got:
SMF-LAS: B01
LAS-MSY: A54

Not so good.

Not sure I got much value out of the EBCI. If it can't do any better than that I'll go back to the mad-dash-24-hour-prior method we all used before EBCI.
With EB, there is no garauntee of a specific spot (A15-30, etc,). Unless, there was a glitch, you received a boarding number lower than if you would not have purchased it. If tons of people purchase EB on any one flight, this will happen (there is a limit to "A"). However, you should have been ahead of anyone who used the "mad-dash-24-hour-prior method." Unless you talked to people ahead of you in line, it's hard to know if it "worked." You might have been the last EB in line.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 9:34 am

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
I returned from PVD to BNA on 17 October.

At T-24, we were not able to check in as we were "on the road". Nonetheless, on travel day at PVD, when we checked in, my wife and I got A-19 and A-18 respectively.

At boarding time, there were five people in front of us--I believe all but one of these were A-Listers and BS. So, we were the second and third EBCI pax to board.

All in front of us wanted to be near the front. So we took the "two seat" configuation at the Emergency Exit. These are our preferred seats-- especially when there are no empty seats as was the case on this flight.

Two friends traveling with us on the same flight did not do EBCI. They checked in at T-23. They got B30 and B31. They got a middle and aisle seat about 2/3 the way back on the aircraft.

I'm happy. But they were, too, to save $20.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.