Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Post your boarding card # for EB (Early Bird) checkin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your boarding card # for EB (Early Bird) checkin

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
9/18/09

LAS-BNA on RR ticket

A-26

But I was the 8th person in line and got the exit row window, left side of aircraft.

Couldn't believe with 7 people ahead of me, only one person wanted exit row. He had taken the aisle, so I got the window.

Pretty good, IMO.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

WN did it, got my sister paranoid and she actually opted for EBCI at T-26. What the

Anyway: MDW-SEA -> A43.

This segment has a history of high A boarding passes. Pre EBCI she once got an A53 at T-24.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 10:54 am

9/21

MSP - MCO

A27 (and I bought my early bird the day they started selling it)
Old Sep 20, 2009, 10:12 pm

Programs: SWA
LAS-BDL 9/22 1PM

Purchased EBCH when it started.

A-17. ^

Usually get A-35-A50 (sometimes a B) due to all the west coast connections.

No complaints here. Definitely worth the $10 coming home from Vegas.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:58 pm

9/27

MHT - MCO

A16 & A17

Added EBCI to RR award flights on 9/3. No BS on our flight & early boarders were prevented from taking exit row so we got our preferred seat. Well worth the $20, but would still prefer assigned seating and will make future reservations on other airlines.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by GottaLuvCruising
9/27

MHT - MCO

A16 & A17

Added EBCI to RR award flights on 9/3. No BS on our flight & early boarders were prevented from taking exit row so we got our preferred seat. Well worth the $20, but would still prefer assigned seating and will make future reservations on other airlines.

If it all went well and you got your preferred seats, just curious why you will make reservations on other carriers. Sound like you will avoid WN in the future. You've obviously flown them enough to earn a RR ticket.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 2:17 pm

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by 6P&E
If it all went well and you got your preferred seats, just curious why you will make reservations on other carriers. Sound like you will avoid WN in the future. You've obviously flown them enough to earn a RR ticket.
I guess you just can't please everyone.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 2:53 pm

PHL- FLL on 9/28--A 26
Old Sep 28, 2009, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by 6P&E
We have earned many RR awards in the last 6 - 8 years and have seen Southwest's boarding process though several evolutions. But a family emergency forced us to fly AirTran just over a year ago...having an option for seat assignments was awesome. It caused us to wonder why we continue to fly Southwest and deal with the check-in frenzy and boarding hassle. We booked 9 flights on AirTran or JetBlue this year and only these RR flights on Southwest. We are just over the check-in / boarding craziness. Yes, EBCI worked for us this time, but why would we enter that lottery with no guarantees when we have other options? IMHO Southwest needs to offer seat assignments (at least as an option). If it works for others, that's just fine, but we've decided to make other choices.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 6:39 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
With or without seat assignments, somebody is going to get stuck in the middle seat. On Southwest, it's the person who didn't check in online or buy EB. On other airlines, it's the person with no status who bought his ticket less than a few weeks ahead. Sometimes even status doesn't help for the late buyer. The late buyers pay the highest fares and get the worst seats. Bad for the airline, good for the early buyers of cheap tickets.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 6:55 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
It caused us to wonder why we continue to fly Southwest and deal with the check-in frenzy and boarding hassle. We booked 9 flights on AirTran or JetBlue this year and only these RR flights on Southwest.
Just curious. Did you feel you got better seats on Air Tran and Jet Blue, with their assigned seating programs than on Southwest?
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by lougord99
Just curious. Did you feel you got better seats on Air Tran and Jet Blue, with their assigned seating programs than on Southwest?
I'm claustrophobic, so assurance of either an aisle or exit row seat dramatically reduces my anxiety. Hubby is 6'4" and just more comfortable on the aisle or in exit row. On Southwest, as long as we get "A" boarding, we can both get an aisle seat, but there's always the concern about it. Assigned seating eliminates that.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 11:13 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
On Southwest, as long as we get "A" boarding, we can both get an aisle seat, but there's always the concern about it. Assigned seating eliminates that.
Your assumption that assigned seating will always allow you to get an aisle seat is incorrect. I have flown in middle seats many times despite assigned seating. Typically the problem was booking travel less than a few weeks in advance.

No airline's system can guarantee you an aisle seat under all circumstances.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 11:39 am

We have earned many RR awards in the last 6 - 8 years and have seen Southwest's boarding process though several evolutions. But a family emergency forced us to fly AirTran just over a year ago...having an option for seat assignments was awesome. It caused us to wonder why we continue to fly Southwest and deal with the check-in frenzy and boarding hassle. We booked 9 flights on AirTran or JetBlue this year and only these RR flights on Southwest. We are just over the check-in / boarding craziness. Yes, EBCI worked for us this time, but why would we enter that lottery with no guarantees when we have other options? IMHO Southwest needs to offer seat assignments (at least as an option). If it works for others, that's just fine, but we've decided to make other choices.
I understand your position. For me the seat selection is just part of the whole flying process. I am comfortable with the EBCI process. So far it has made always sure I am not in a middle seat and once it got me the roomy exit row seat as no one ahead of me wanted it. EBCI does cost me a little extra, but WN costs me a whole lot less if I want to check a bag or two, and espcecially if I need to change the reservation as there are no "gouge" change fees with WN. Get hit with one of those when you have to change a reservation due to circumstances beyond your control and getting an assigned seat seems rather unimportant-- and if you're changing at the last minute, difficult to obtain anyway.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:05 pm

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
9/26: Jax - bwi
a-23

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.