Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A+ boarding position

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Back to A22 today. Order has been restored.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by Marko123
Back to A22 today. Order has been restored.
Thank you for the update.

Take us back to DEFCON 1
Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
I am guessing that your A+ boarding position is based on your status (A+ & A) and then what you paid for your ticket. Plus remember that if you connect, you contend with others checking in earlier due to an earlier originating flight.

I am already at over 120,000 TQPs for the year (all on flights). I got 22 on Friday.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by jb3t
Plus remember that if you connect, you contend with others checking in earlier due to an earlier originating flight.
No. Positions for each flight are assigned individually, based on the "ranking" for that specific flight, at T-36. The only instance where your position could be affected by the scenario you mention is non-status, non-EBCI T-24 check-in.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Yes, looks like order has been restored. Last week was A17 and A18 on MDW-HOU and back. This week am A16 MDW-STL.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jb3t
I am guessing that your A+ boarding position is based on your status (A+ & A) and then what you paid for your ticket. Plus remember that if you connect, you contend with others checking in earlier due to an earlier originating flight.

I am already at over 120,000 TQPs for the year (all on flights). I got 22 on Friday.
Not accurate. With over 100k TQP, you should know that A and A+ boarding positions are NOT affected by check in times since WN automatically assigns boarding positions at T36.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:59 am

Recently for BUR - SJC Monday morning flights I have been
getting around A40..A50. Today I got B05, worst ever.
I still believe that non A-list preferred can get ahead of me based
on fare paid.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Originally Posted by dobrikin
Recently for BUR - SJC Monday morning flights I have been
getting around A40..A50. Today I got B05, worst ever.
on fare paid.
Had an associate today tell me that overall lifetime points were factored into the boarding position assignments, not just current status.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:01 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by PAX62
Had an associate today tell me that overall lifetime points were factored into the boarding position assignments, not just current status.
Intriguing. That would explain why my BP results seem to be improving since the early days of RR2.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+; Marriott Gold; HHonors DIA
I tend to think it is a rolling average of your recent spend. I will travel on business select fares for a while then move to booking my travel way out on WGA fares. I travel every week DAL-HOU and back, so heavy commuter and heavy A-LIST. When I have been booking many BS fares, I notice that on the non-BS flights I am almost always A16. At worst 17 or 18. BTW, that is independent on fare paid (could be refundable, WGA, points, etc).

If I have been traveling on WGA fares for awhile, I notice my average boarding position will start to drop. Book more BS fares, move back closer to A16. I have noticed this rather consistently over the past 3 years FWIW.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by dobrikin
on fare paid.
Not unless you also believe that Southwest is lying.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: Southwest A+/CP, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Just to weigh in late here...checked in for my flight tomorrow, bought WGA fare on points a while back. Boarding position is A17. All seems right to me as AL+.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: WN A-list Preferred, Companion pass, United 1k, Marriott Platinu,HHonors Diamond
Same issue here. I have literally been A-16 to A-18 for past 6 years of flying every week. Beginning in January i started getting boarding positions A-25 to A-30 ,so far not above that. Something has changed with the way they are assigning A+ boarding numbers. I thought since i used over 900k points last year flying family and friends all over the place and was down to a Million points that maybe just maybe that was part of the reason ,but after talking to fellow A+ flyers and seeing this post that that is not part of the problem.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:08 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Pdyer
Same issue here. I have literally been A-16 to A-18 for past 6 years of flying every week. Beginning in January i started getting boarding positions A-25 to A-30 ,so far not above that. Something has changed with the way they are assigning A+ boarding numbers.
Quite possibly. My numbers seem better this year than last year. I buy only the cheapest fares but I buy about 90 of them per year. Somebody buying fewer more expensive fares must be doing a little worse than year. I guess that's you!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: WN A-list Preferred, Companion pass, United 1k, Marriott Platinu,HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by nsx
Quite possibly. My numbers seem better this year than last year. I buy only the cheapest fares but I buy about 90 of them per year. Somebody buying fewer more expensive fares must be doing a little worse than year. I guess that's you!
100+Every year, But last year had to do 75 on UA 😬 to go back and forth to Hawaii 😎, poor me! Lol! So just did 50 on WN.

Last edited by Pdyer; Feb 11, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.