Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by seawolf
Sixt is a new entrant to US market and is pricing lower than US companies to (I think) gain market share/brand recognition. At many airports, Sixt requires a shuttle ride as it is off the airport's rental center but this doesn't appear to be the case at PHX. Their cars are fine but in most classes, base model.
Thanks for the quick response. I've noticed them showing up on searches at IAD in the last couple or so years, but I do prefer to stick with mainstream companies. Maybe I'll just stick with Avis/BA, and suck up the cost!

Still surprised how much rental prices have gone up for this year. I did an Avis comparison with IAD and that's even more expensive than PHX Last year I was paying 31 [mini-van @ IAD] and 28 [SUV @ SAV], so you can guess the 43 was a bit of a shock for the SUV @ PHX. The /$ rate hasn't moved THAT much!

My fault for preferring to holiday in the USA
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:55 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
I won't explore reasons why PHX should seem to be so expensive, but ... SixT is offering a house on wheels (aka Chevy Tahoe) at about GBP31/day. Why so significantly cheap in comparison to all the other PHX rental companies for that one? Would be grateful for a bit of insight.
I rent Sixt when I can and prices seem to depend entirely on how much demand there is for a car group at a particular station. It can be that a certain car at MIA costs 4 times the cost of the same car at FLL sometimes. I got a great deal on a Mercedes C Class Auto last year at LHR, more recently I saw brilliant prices for the Maserati Ghibli at LHR, I would have had one for a week if I were passing by. Next time in about 4 weeks I have an Audi 1 at LHR, it priced favourably compared to an economy car.

If Sixt is offering your Chevy Tahoe for 31 per day then that'd be because nobody else wants one.

Bear in mind Sixt has great reps on FT so in the unlikely event something goes wrong with your rental, you can have a proper conversation about it with an actual grown up.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thanks for that - I had noticed the presence of Gary here, which was very encouraging.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
New Service My Driver ;Credit Card Payment

Hi Gary,
Received a targeted promotion for the new MY DRIVER service in Europe last wk with a introduction discount code.
Set up an A/C to book a car today for March in Barcelona , tried my Amex first than my MC & both declined.
Wrote to CS inquiring what was wrong with the system & they replied that it appears I am a credit risk as they wanted a copy of my card both sides & my passport (even after explaining I am existing sixt customer & sharing my card no. in my original email)
Of course I will not go to such length out of principal just to book the service which is a shame as it looks good & well priced.
Just wanted to share my experience.
On the other hand received a recent birthday voucher for 20% discount on my next car hire which I will take advantage of , great CS from Sixt on keeping my business in this respect.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:47 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Originally Posted by europeanflyer
Hi Gary,
Received a targeted promotion for the new MY DRIVER service in Europe last wk with a introduction discount code.
Set up an A/C to book a car today for March in Barcelona , tried my Amex first than my MC & both declined.
Wrote to CS inquiring what was wrong with the system & they replied that it appears I am a credit risk as they wanted a copy of my card both sides & my passport (even after explaining I am existing sixt customer & sharing my card no. in my original email)
Of course I will not go to such length out of principal just to book the service which is a shame as it looks good & well priced.
Just wanted to share my experience.
On the other hand received a recent birthday voucher for 20% discount on my next car hire which I will take advantage of , great CS from Sixt on keeping my business in this respect.
That's a shame about the card issue. If you would like me to check through the correspondence I'd be happy to take a look.
Let me know & I'll send you over my e-mail address.

Best regards,
Gary
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Gary, one question.

If I want to make a booking in Germany or anywhere else in Europe on my wife's name who had her driving licensed issued less than a year ago (I understand that there is a two years minimum) can I make the booking and payment under her name and add me as an additional driver.

Will that work ?

Thank you
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:10 am

Hi Gary,
Dealing with the CS now , which I have to say is first class through it clear there is a no. of back end issues with this new service.
Decided to run with it for now & see how it works out.
Many thks for the assistance , will advise final outcome
kind regards

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
That's a shame about the card issue. If you would like me to check through the correspondence I'd be happy to take a look.

Best regards,
Gary
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices

Best regards,
Gary
Finally opened A/C & booked 1st ride from Barcelona Hilton to the airport nxt month -Merc people carrier @55 euro (15 euro discount for 1st time use) / 4pax with golf clubs

https://www.mydriver.com/en#/home?ty...02-15T22:30:00

I will share my experience with the forum
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:17 pm

Has there been any talks or possibilities of changing the policy on restricting the geographic area where a Sixt car can be driven in the United States? Very limiting.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 5:12 am

Good afternoon,

I have just booked IDMR in Barcelona, does anyone know what cars are in that group?

From description I gather it is 1 series, A3, A class or similar

So what could the similar be?

Many Thanks
Patrick
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:03 am

I am renting from Sixt in in May. I will be renting in Kayseri, Turkey (ASR) and returning to Nevsehir, Turkey (NAV).

This is my frist time renting from Sixt, my first time in Turkey, and my first time driving a car outside of the US and Canada. Is there anything I should know?

The rental confirmation states that i will be met by an agent holding a Sixt sign near baggage claim. I am not sure about the return process.

Any tips of info would be appriciated.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:19 pm
Suspended

I'm intending on renting a car from Sixt this summer because it's the only company that I know of that caps the young driver fee (I'll be 22), making it considerably cheaper than all the other hire companies.

I want to rent the car for six weeks from Orlando but also want to be able to drive across state lines, so is there any way of paying for the privilege of waiving the territorial restrictions? It is my intention to do a road trip around the central/eastern USA and I don't fancy paying $0.50/mile to do so!

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I have rented a car for a week next month in MXP. I did the rental through a travel agent who was unable to put my Sixt Platinum number into the rental.
She said I could do it at the airport.

Is there any advantage to me in doing it or would it just be a waste of time?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:25 am

I had posted this on a new thread but maybe I'll get a response from a representative here...either way if anyone has any knowledge I would appreciate it!!

Is there a Sixt location here? I've looked on the site (just finalized a booking and needed to book ORD) however it states there are no facilities there. When I do a Google search all travel sites indicate Sixt is located here...anyone have any firm knowledge? Thank you in advance.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tcoop14
I had posted this on a new thread but maybe I'll get a response from a representative here...either way if anyone has any knowledge I would appreciate it!!

Is there a Sixt location here? I've looked on the site (just finalized a booking and needed to book ORD) however it states there are no facilities there. When I do a Google search all travel sites indicate Sixt is located here...anyone have any firm knowledge? Thank you in advance.
Sixt US locations listed here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.