Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT - Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
GLK is a downgrade from an E-class. Which location? What status are you?
Seattle downtown. I am gold which isn't much in terms of status. I am not feeling good especially when I hear people talking about booking CRV and getting X3's.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: Plat Amb, CCG, EBG
Luleå (LLA)
Sixt Diamond

Booked MB GLA
Received MB GLK - Sadly, the car absolutely reeks of cigarette smoke. Called the branch the day after I picked it up and told them about it, but they haven't bothered getting back to me. Stuck with a stinky car until Thursday.

Not a very happy first time renter.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by hpark21
Seattle downtown. I am gold which isn't much in terms of status. I am not feeling good especially when I hear people talking about booking CRV and getting X3's.
Hmm. Seattle downtown is one of my favourite locations - their treatment of me have been completely out of this world. When I booked a compact and requested an E, they called me to apologise when they had to sell it to another client and give me a GLK. You should talk to the manager. I need to find her name, the branch is new and she actually came out to deliver me my car to Westin Seattle, heh.

Originally Posted by OliT
Luleå (LLA)
Sixt Diamond

Booked MB GLA
Received MB GLK - Sadly, the car absolutely reeks of cigarette smoke. Called the branch the day after I picked it up and told them about it, but they haven't bothered getting back to me. Stuck with a stinky car until Thursday.

Not a very happy first time renter.
As a Diamond, you should reach out to customer support. Aren't all their cars supposed to be non-smoking? Or is Europe different?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:45 am

As a Diamond, you should reach out to customer support. Aren't all their cars supposed to be non-smoking? Or is Europe different?
Yeah, it has non-smoking sticker on the panel. Doesn't seem to have stopped the previous renter from chaining, though.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:04 am

Yeah, it has non-smoking sticker on the panel. Doesn't seem to have stopped the previous renter from chaining, though.
Completely unacceptable - if only because you don't want to be on the hook for the cleaning fee :P

PM their support here on the forum or call in. They are VERY good (if maybe not the best avenue for *immediate* resolution).
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:07 am

GLK is a downgrade from an E-class. Which location? What status are you?
Just got a nice message from Sixt customer support, in their chart GLK IS an upgrade from E-class since it is a bit more expensive.

Car wise, yes E-class is higher/better/more expensive (by $20K or so).
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by hpark21
Just got a nice message from Sixt customer support, in their chart GLK IS an upgrade from E-class since it is a bit more expensive.

Car wise, yes E-class is higher/better/more expensive (by $20K or so).
I stand corrected. Thanks for the update. I guess since the GLK is an SUV it's considered "higher" than the "full-size" or whatever the E is. But that's horsecrap, obviously. The Es in Seattle have the high end navi (widescreen/hidef), and are almost new (well they were two months ago). The GLKs are ... just a bit meh. The Es are also much more fun to drive.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
When renting cars in France and Spain particularly it is unfortunately the case that a lot of renters are heavy smokers. Even if they do not smoke in the actual vehicle their smelly clothing will leave an unpleasant odour in the vehicle. As a non-smoker I am very sensitive to this and I have to say that most rental vehicles in those countries often have a faint smell of cigarette.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:40 am

First, the local Sixt branch has resolved the smokey car issue. They offered me a complimentary rent to compensate, and I accepted. Need to haul some stuff, so a van to do so for free is a good deal.

Regarding upgrades:

Berlin Tegel
Sixt Diamond card

Booked: FDMR (Bmw 3er or similar)
Received: FWMR (Audi A4 Avant, 170 hp)

Car wasn't too bad, but I had hoped for a slightly better upgrade. Branch quite sold out due to a fair in the city. Tried to haggle my way to a Jaguar Coupé with no success. Oh well, maybe next time.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: LH FTL
Booked: CXMR
Received: FFMR VW Tiguan
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:47 pm

First, the local Sixt branch has resolved the smokey car issue. They offered me a complimentary rent to compensate, and I accepted. Need to haul some stuff, so a van to do so for free is a good deal.

Regarding upgrades:

Berlin Tegel
Sixt Diamond card

Booked: FDMR (Bmw 3er or similar)
Received: FWMR (Audi A4 Avant, 170 hp)

Car wasn't too bad, but I had hoped for a slightly better upgrade. Branch quite sold out due to a fair in the city. Tried to haggle my way to a Jaguar Coupé with no success. Oh well, maybe next time.
That's interesting - I haggled my way to a Jag Coupe in Munich, but in Frankfurt, I actually didn't even WANT it - I wanted to try something else, but ended up with one anyway. Kind of #firstworldproblems to complain about it, so I am not complaining at all, but am a bit surprised they gave you a hard time as a Diamond.

Completely awesome car, btw, especially the Type S one.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:28 am

Sixt San Diego - Reserved FCAR - Camry, Taurus, Altima.
Was upgraded as platinum to Volvo S60 w/ sunroof.
Nice vehicle, but they really need to get their act together with the airport shuttle...
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Booked: VW Golf
Received: BMW M4 Coupe (rented only for 12hrs - hence significant upgrade)
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Booked: ICAR
Received: SCAR Toyota Corolla

Received: IFAR (BMW Mini Countryman) - Only after I complaint that the initial car they assigned, a Nissan Versa is not ICAR due to lack of remote key fob, no power windows, no power side mirror and website showing Versa is CCAR.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Received: LCAR BMW 3-series

Check-in at MIA around 2300. Looks like there was a wait for vehicles as the couple in front of me was told to wait in the office while they get them their VW Beetle. Agent was initially going to upgrade me to a "Standard". I take that to mean a SCAR. When she called to confirm a standard card for a "VIP" and was told nothing (immediately) available. She checked her computer again and assigned a LCAR which was that was available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.