SIXT - Upgrades

Old Sep 15, 2013, 4:44 pm

No status (well a gold card, which is nothing )

MCO
Reserved and prepaid XCAR (E-class)
Received XFAR (X5)

There were no XCARs at the location when I arrived. Agent tried to tell me an LCAR was a "free upgrade" then that LFAR and STAR were the same. I mentioned the X5 sitting on the lot, which was offered as a paid upgrade. I countered with my reserved and prepaid rental class not being there, at which point I was given the X5 with no problem. Not too bad, I guess, I understand the agent is trained to sell, and has to deal with difficult people. I hope I wasn't too bad

3 days latter I happened by the lot and spotted an E, and exchanged with no hassle.

Last edited by ww88ww; Sep 15, 2013 at 4:49 pm
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:56 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by EmptyKim
Platinum

FCO - Fiumicino
Booked: ECMR (fiat 500)
Received: EDMR (fiat Panda)

Biggest POS car ever (fiat Panda). Plus there was a lot of damage to the front right of the vehicle, the driver side door, and it smelled. I should have taken pictures of the damage but I didn't since it was marked on my rental form. I asked if there was anything else available and the counter agent said no. Disappointed in this rental.
Hi EmptyKim,

Could you send me a private message with your rental details? I'd be more than happy to look into what happened here for you.

Many thanks,

Tom
Old Sep 16, 2013, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Platinum
MAN
FDAR (Mercedes C-class) *paid for satnav
FDAR (C-class) At the counter, I asked the agent if she had anything else with satnav, she offered me an E-class (PDAR) for 20 quid more (for 3 days), which I accepted

This was my first non-Hertz rental in about 3 years!

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Sep 16, 2013 at 3:56 pm Reason: added 3-day rental
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by TomGammon
Hi EmptyKim,

Could you send me a private message with your rental details? I'd be more than happy to look into what happened here for you.

Many thanks,

Tom
PM'd 9/18 and 9/20. Haven't heard back yet.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 6:30 am

PM'd 9/18 and 9/20. Haven't heard back yet.
Tom is on holiday. I'll take a look, I have the details.

Best regards, Gary
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Tom is on holiday. I'll take a look, I have the details.

Best regards, Gary
Appreciate the help Gary. Let me know if you need any additional info.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 4:04 am

Appreciate the help Gary. Let me know if you need any additional info.
Hi EmptyKim,

I received some information from my colleagues in Italy that I'll pop out to you in an e-mail. For the benefit of the forum we'll provide some more general details here.

First of all in Italy the Fiat Panda is group EDMR, the Fiat 500 is group ECMR.

We always aim to provide a vehicle within the group booked, subject to any upgrade privileges. However, whenever a vehicle within the booked group is unavailable then we reach for the next available vehicle above the initially booked group.

The customer in this case receives a free of charge upgrade which would normally result in a cheerful customer.

On this occasion I appreciate that you were unhappy with both the upgrade and the condition of the vehicle and I apologise that your expectations were not met.

Please look out for my e-mail which you'll receive in a few minutes, I hope that you're happy with my suggestion.

Best regards, Gary
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:19 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
SIXT - Upgrades

No status Platinum
FRA
Reserved CPMR (booked 2 minutes before pickup)
Received X1 Auto with Nav
Old Oct 4, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
No status for both

Mannheim Hbf: Booked PDAR received PWAR (Merc E-class estate) (which I don't consider an upgrade but it is technically I suppose)

Berlin Hbf: Booked FDAR received PWAR (A6 Kombi)
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: BA SL, TG SL, Sixt DIA
October 2013

Station: Düsseldorf Kö InterConti -> Berlin

Booked: LDAR (5 series GT)

Received: Audi A8 Diesel (XDAR)

Was quite pleased with the upgrade, only booked the LDAR because I wanted something with some power, not being stuck in a 520 or something.
The car itself is great, but unfortunately the ACC (adaptive cruise control) and braking guard didn't work and the car wanted to be serviced.

The agent in Düsseldorf told me that the car will leave the fleet after 25000 km, which were reached when I dropped it in Berlin, so they will generally not service the cars.

When I realised that the ACC didn't work I tried to exchange it in the Rhein area, but could not get anything comparable. Didn't mind keeping the speed by myself for the trip.
As you would expect it is quite a nice car for the Autobahn.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Oct 2013
VIE => SZG 1 week

Booked a compact wagon (CWMR) and ended up with a Nissan Qashqai (IFMR). Not what I wanted but it didn't feel too big and drove well, and didn't cost that much more in fuel (fortunately not FT AWD). Pretty new vehicle too with 5,000 km on the clock. Nice full-length sunroof. Backup camera was nice though I am preferring the graphic sonar my Citroen Berlingo buy-and-sellback has.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Blue, Sixt Platinum, HH Gold
Hamburg Reeperbahn (24h)
Returning to Hannover Airport

Booked: CPMR (with request for automatic and diesel)
Received: PDAR Mercedes E200 CGI automatic with nav.

The agent apologised for 'only' being able to offer me an E200, since it was petrol. I told him I was perfectly happy. Who doesn't like a big, black Mercedes saloon? The iPhone app, which doesn't seem to be able to handle upgrades in the early selection was offering me one car: an Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDI 150 with nav. That's a nice car, but it's not an E-Class

Around 25000KM, so I imagine it's being taken out of the fleet sometime soonish, and it had summer tires, which backs that up.

Very nice car, great seats, but a truly awful sat nav system. The maps were from mid-2011! The car was only registered in March this year!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Nov 2013 at Toulouse

Booked BMW 3 Series, offered BMW 3 Series M-Sport Convertible.

It was a sunny weekend and I was visiting my girlfriend so the car was very much appreciated!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
Here's a new one. This is the first rental that was Sixt Gold for this year.

Mannheim Hbf (11/24): FDAR w/ sat nav -> received PWAR (520d estate).
Old Dec 13, 2013, 1:34 am

Programs: BA SL, TG SL, Sixt DIA
December 2013 FRA

Booked: PDMR (BMW 520 NAVI)
Received: BMW 530d Xdrive

I am not sure if this is technically an upgrade, but I was very pleased with the car, had it for 3 days and did a bit over 1000 km in it.
The car was fully decked out, including HUD and "Standheizung" which was really nice as it was already cold in Germany.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.