Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:31 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by 54austin
Anyone have experience with the nap rooms in the Airport Wellness Oasis? Already made a reservation via email...but wondering about cleanliness, quiet, etc.

Aside from the Ambassador and Rainforest lounges, are there other nap room services available *airside*?

Thanks.
If you want a bit of a splurge the JetQuay CIP is possibly the best facilities at Changi. Completely private, oasis of peace and quiet and they will take you to your plane in a buggy.

You'll need to email for latest rates.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:06 am

"A bit of a splurge" is a bit of an understatement: at last check JetQuay charged S$350 for CIP usage on departure, and if anything that's probably gone up since then. You can get a night in most 5* hotels in Sg for that price. Also, I believe the JetQuay lounge facilities are landside, not airside.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:59 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by jpatokal
"A bit of a splurge" is a bit of an understatement: at last check JetQuay charged S$350 for CIP usage on departure, and if anything that's probably gone up since then. You can get a night in most 5* hotels in Sg for that price. Also, I believe the JetQuay lounge facilities are landside, not airside.
It is information for the poster who asked, that's all.

They have their own private customs and imigration desk which you can pass through either way depending on how you enter ... and the lounge is landside. It's a wonderful way to travel if that is what you want.

Some Singapore credit cards offers the service for free on an unlimited basis and with limo transfers.

Last edited by uk1; May 1, 2015 at 7:17 am
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:07 am

I feel like I should start a new thread, as there actually is no useful information on the lounges in Changi Airport.

Anyway, if you are flying oneworld: Apparently QF is the only one that is nice (CX just uses one operated by dnata called Skyview. Nothing nice about that). However, that is only from afternoon onward, so if you have an AM departure it doesn't work. I didn't visit the MH lounge in terminal 2 but it doesn't seem like anything special either.

If you have priority pass, the Plaza Premium Lounge in T1 is the best. It has a nice selection of cold foods (like salad) and also 4 choices (from 11am to 11pm) for made-to-order food: laksa (didn't try), tamaki roll and udon (tamaki rolls are handrolls and nice, udon isn't up to CX standards in their noodle bar), made to order breakfast (including eggs how you want them) and hainan chicken bento set.
The shower is decent, with a full-sized towel, and a rainfall-ish showerhead (just a large showerhead). There weren't many people in there and seating was a darker, quiet mood.

I didn't bother visiting the Skyview. Wellness is relatively dingy and dark, as it is on the lower section (Skyview at least has windows. But the Burger King has just as good a view).

My conclusion is that the only nice lounges in Changi are the SQ ones, and you cannot get in without flying SQ.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by s0ssos
My conclusion is that the only nice lounges in Changi are the SQ ones, and you cannot get in without flying SQ.
You should be able to access if flying C with any *A carrier if I'm not mistaken.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
That's debatable. For me the best lounge (TPR aside) is the QF Lounge. Massive space and made-to-order food and a manned bar make it all the more special for just a business lounge. SQ doesn't even come close to this calibre for their F or J lounges in SIN, which is a mighty disgrace.

My 2c haha
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:11 am

I like the TG lounge somehow.. sure, their offerings aren't that great, but the fingerfood they offer is quite tasty, and Singha sometimes tastes better than Tiger.. personally I think it's way better than the SQ gold lounge (which is anything but gold)..
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:24 am
uk1
Suspended

Singapore is the only airport where the lounges (except for a pit stop for a free beer and possibly a snack ...) is not as good as the public areas and - except for the CIP terminal - isn't really worth bothering with.

Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:33 am

I wouldn't agree to that uk1. The Silverkris Lounges are definitely one of the best C lounges in the world.

It's the upper end (F) and lower end (Status with Y ticket) that aren't great/good in comparison with some other lounges. But the Silverkris (especially T3.. never liked the T2 one) lounge definitely is very solid.

Don't forget where other airlines put you into with a C ticket (LH, LX, even TG) at their main hubs..
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:49 am
uk1
Suspended

We've had so long without a BA F lounge but instead a second rate poorly combined all colours and falvours lounge, that the whole Singapore lounge experience for BA F passengers just hasn't been worthwhile. Canny BA customers would always head for the QF lounge where at least you could get a cold draught beer and some reasonable food. But now because of the BA lounge renovations, that lounge is absorbing all BA as well as other passengers it really also isn't worth it.

We gave it a go last week, and had some decent chicken and new potatos and a cold beer, but there wasn't a corner in the lounge that was free either from inflated blokes shouting into their phones or kids screaming. So we wandered off for the relative quiet of the public area.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:29 am

Have got 5 hours in transit at SIN next week.
Priority Pass holder, may possibly have QF upgrade to J.

Is Skyview lounge still the best option for priority pass?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:21 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by vish1987
Have got 5 hours in transit at SIN next week.
Priority Pass holder, may possibly have QF upgrade to J.

Is Skyview lounge still the best option for priority pass?
A bit late for you but I am in Skyview now and it is filthy. I am sat in an armchair that doesn't look like it's been cleaned since someone said it was the best lounge 3 years ago. There is rice all over the carpet (wasn't me honest)

Anyone got a suggestion for another lounge I can visit? The Oasis downstairs looks nicer, I am flying from C gates so I think my gate is in the middle of both ends
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Terminal 1: Skyview closed and DNATA open

I'm in Terminal 1 now and checked out the Plaza Premium lounge first. However they do not include alcohol so forget that no matter how nice they think it is. Plaza Premium is an odd and inconsistent company. I was in Macau recently and they had wine. KLIA only has beer.

Good news though. The Skyview lounge is now closed. It's been replaced with a brand new DNATA lounge near the food court. No view of planes but it's huge, the food choice is fine and there's wine, beer and spirits included.

A few months ago I tried the SATS Premier lounge. This is also quite new (or newly refurbished). The food choice was good and it includes alcohol.

My vote for PP members is either the SATS or the DNATA (whichever is nearest your gate) if you need a drink before flying.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:46 am

I used the SilverKris at T3 recently. Here is a video, in case anybody needs a reference.

Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:48 am

New Dnata Lounge in T1

Originally Posted by ftrichard
My vote for PP members is either the SATS or the DNATA (whichever is nearest your gate) if you need a drink before flying.
Is the new Dnata lounge in T1 accessible to Priority Pass members? It doesn't show up as one of the PP lounges on PP's own website. The now-defunct Skyview has been removed as a lounge on PP's website, so I presume it is intentional that Dnata in T1 is not part of the PP programme?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.