Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger

Compare with entry by PP which just requires visitors to have any departing ticket- as the dragons don't need to record the flight, they often don't bother even checking whether you possess an onward BP.

Note that in both cases, you shouldn't be allowed in anyway as an arriving passenger.* You just stand a higher chance using your Priority Pass.
Have used various priority pass lounges at SIN with only an arrival boarding pass. Did not have onward boarding pass. Did not have to show departing ticket. That has been the case over the years except for Skyview which is no longer there. I usually arrived late night, showered at the lounge, then spent 6 hours at the transit hotel maximizing my sleep time.

At the land side Haven, no boarding pass was required at all.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by beep88
The food at Plaza Premium isn't even close in terms of variety, quality, quantity. At Silverkris:
Chinese soup, western soup, sweet Chinese soup, congee
Sushi
Fresh fruits (huge chunks), pastries
Half dozen hot "main" dishes
Bread and make your own toast
Free Alcohol
Plaza Premium serves hand-rolls (temaki), made to order. They have a good selection of desserts in the fridge. They also have soups.

Did you only go there late at night? I've only been there during the day.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Plaza Premium serves hand-rolls (temaki), made to order. They have a good selection of desserts in the fridge. They also have soups.

Did you only go there late at night? I've only been there during the day.
Probably your discussion is between a very excellent day in the PP vs. a very sad one in the SilverKris.. overall the SilverKris definitely beats the PP, but this said, a great crew on LX and good catering for once, coupled with an empty plane, can easily beat a below average crew on SQ, with terrible catering on a 100% full plane..
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
I've been at Plaza Premium on T1 and honestly, with Priority Pass I'd rather go at SATS.

Hand rolls are the only thing they have better at Plaza and honestly, there is nothing else there. It least it was not when I was there. At SATS you have 3-4 dishes any time.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamand; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; LeAccor Platinum
I rather head to Sats as well for all Priority Pass Member.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Writing this message from KF Gold lounge at T2. Quite disappointed with food selection. If you have a choice, avoid it.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by invisible
Writing this message from KF Gold lounge at T2. Quite disappointed with food selection. If you have a choice, avoid it.
T3 is much better, especially at this time of the day. Please note that T2 doesn't have much SQ flights so late in the evening, so they don't really cater it that much anymore. But don't worry, you're not the first one to fall for this
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, KF Silver, HHONORS Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Yes Silverkris is very crowded at times. No plug in in the general area... have to go to the work stations.

Silverkris (T3) shower rooms do not have toilets inside, but otherwise it's better shower than SATS and PPL. Also it's a shame that they make you wait inside the toilet/shower area if the place is full, instead of giving you a pager like at CX HKG.

In general Silverkris at T2 is better than at T3.

The food at Plaza Premium isn't even close in terms of variety, quality, quantity. At Silverkris:
Chinese soup, western soup, sweet Chinese soup, congee
Sushi
Fresh fruits (huge chunks), pastries
Half dozen hot "main" dishes
Bread and make your own toast
Free Alcohol

You can argue that at PPL the main dishes are "by order" - (assembled from food under heat lamp at the back). When I was there late night, 2 choices were available - chicken rice and ramen I think.

Alcohol at Plaza Premium is pay only.

Over the last 2 days I visited T3 Silverkris, DNATA, SATS, Haven (land side) and T1 Plaza Premium.

Haven: can order 1 main from a choice of about 6, mostly Asian. Small lounge. Pay alcohol. Shower similar to SATS

DNATA: small food section, but they served satay, though appeared to be deep-fried
Thats the best summary I've ever seen, thanks
Just last week I used the one (I think that's DNATA) between the BA/QF lounges, thought they served pretty decent food at midnight.

Have used various priority pass lounges at SIN with only an arrival boarding pass. Did not have onward boarding pass. Did not have to show departing ticket. That has been the case over the years except for Skyview which is no longer there. I usually arrived late night, showered at the lounge, then spent 6 hours at the transit hotel maximizing my sleep time.

At the land side Haven, no boarding pass was required at all.
That's pretty much what I'm saying- that the rules are not enforced. But one should keep in mind that in the snap of a finger, things could change when the big fellas realise how this rule isn't enforced which can (in theory) encourage abuse.

Wasn't there this story about the man who came to the airport everyday for free meals using his PP?

Last edited by TheArtfulDodger; Apr 19, 2016 at 4:37 am
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:42 am

The air side lounges still ask for boarding pass, same day(or close enough) arriving or departing.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by dp86
I rather head to Sats as well for all Priority Pass Member.
I had a chance to use the SATS Premier Lounge at Singapore Changi Terminal 1 recently. I was flying on Turkish (Economy) and being Star Gold, the check-in staff gave me complimentary lounge access for myself and one guest.

It was a good experience and the selection of hot food was decent. Best of all, they had a signature laksa and Osim massage chairs. Here is the experience.

On a business trip earlier this year, I used SilverKris at Terminal 3 again. Always reliable in terms of food. Given that this is SQ's flagship lounge in Terminal 3, I suppose one shouldn't expect any less. Here is the experience.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Food wise, in T1, which is better, DNATA vs SAT?
Do DNATA still have the barista coffee counter? Last i went there was early this year.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:24 am

I still dislike the Silverkris lounge. They don't even have printing from their computers (you have to have a thumb drive, copy it onto there, and physically bring it to the desk. How is that a "business centre"?)
Also no plugs at the chairs, very crowded and packed.

Alcohol is a moot point for me, but I think that is a big deal for other people.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
Originally Posted by User Name
Any thoughts on what is currently the best Priority Pass lounge in T3? Will be there around 9am for a mid-morning QR departure.
Same question here - I get the impression it's between DNATA and SATS in T3. I have a flight in a couple of days and am leaning towards SATS as it has recently been refurbished.

Anyone think I should do otherwise?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I still dislike the Silverkris lounge. They don't even have printing from their computers (you have to have a thumb drive, copy it onto there, and physically bring it to the desk. How is that a "business centre"?)
Also no plugs at the chairs, very crowded and packed.
They used to have them in the general area but have since removed them. Now you have to go to the "business centre" area for plug in.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
T1 Dnata Lounge

Alcohol, Barista made coffee and decent buffet for breakfast.

What a great lounge for morning T1 Departures.

Gives me another reason to start collecting TPs instead of SCs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.