Business Menu: AA101 LHR-JFK 2/20

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2006, 10:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Business Menu: AA101 LHR-JFK 2/20

European feature
On this flight we are proud to offer you a taste of European flair. Using only the freshest ingredients, Chef Andrew Bailey from our London kitchen has created an entree that captures the essence of his country's cuisine.
Seared Fillet of Salmon accented by an Herb-Butter Sauce, offered with blanched Asparagus and Spring Onion Mashed Potatoes

F I L L E T O F B E E F
Grilled Fillet of Beef accented by Cherry and Chocolate Balsamic Sauce, served with a Cheddar Polenta Cake and Asparagus and Celery Medley

ROASTED CHICKEN
Roasted Chicken Breast enhanced by Bordelaise Sauce, served with sauteed Swiss Chard and Carrots
and Truffle Celeriac Puree

C A P P E L L E T T I
Goat Cheese and Red Pepper Cappelletti bound in a light Pesto Sauce, garnished with toasted Pine Nuts and Sun-dried Tomatoes

VEGETABLE PLATE
Seasonal Vegetables that include Tender Asparagus and Celery delicately sauteed in Olive Oi1, Olivette Potatoes and sauteed Savoy Cabbage American Airlines serves Brazilian beef We apologize if your selection is not available.

I had the salmon and thought it was pretty good
Old Feb 20, 2006, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Very well done Tom.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
Will see what they serve on Thursday in J for MIA-MAD
Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:10 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I was really excited to try the 'European Feature' on a LHR-ORD flight (it was the same salmon etc.). I made my seat selection based on FEBO and was able to order it. I was so out of it from being up 15 hours already that I didn't notice the FA had brought me the chicken until after everyone in the full J cabin had been served.... The chicken was alright. Next time I'll be sure I get the salmon
Old Feb 21, 2006, 4:02 am

I like that salmon!

Glad they got rid of the salmon with a cheese crust (although the horseradish crusted salmon was also good)!!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 4:12 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1MM
Originally Posted by tom911
European feature
Seared Fillet of Salmon accented by an Herb-Butter Sauce, offered with blanched Asparagus and Spring Onion Mashed Potatoes

I had the salmon and thought it was pretty good
I had that salmon on a flight from LHR-BOS last month, and I thought it was good too.

Is this something particular to LHR, or is it also served on other international routes?
Old Feb 21, 2006, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
That salmon dish was the European special on AA 55 (MAN-ORD) this past Sunday.

The chicken and the fillet were also options.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
I like that salmon!

Glad they got rid of the salmon with a cheese crust (although the horseradish crusted salmon was also good)!!
The horseradish crusted salmon was really good (had it from CDG last year). I was expecting this when I ordered the "European Feature" on my last flight from LGW, so I was mildly disappointed...but still would have selected the salmon over the other choices.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 8:28 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Excellent. Have to see how this compares (favorably, I hope) with today's 86, ORD-LHR.

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Here's last week's JFK-LHR dinner menu. Maybe you'll see something similar (I had the lamb and it was pretty good, too). The menu version is "Business, Northeast-Europe, Dinner with Breakfast, 2/06".

LAMB MEDALLIONS
Lamb Medallions served with Marionberry Glaze, accompanied by Mushroom Risotto, Butternut Squash and Haricots Verts

F I L L E T O F B E E F
Seared Fillet of Beef featured with a Mango-chili Demi-glace, Blue Cheese Potatoes and glazed Carrots

S H R I M P A N D S C A L L O P S W I T H R I S O T T O
Shrimp and Scallops offered with roasted Tomato risotto accented by a creamy Goat Cheese Sauce

E G G P L A N T R AV I O L I
Ravioli Pasta filled with a rich Eggplant Puree, topped with Bechamel Sauce and a light Marinara Sauce

VEGETABLE PLATE
Seasonal Vegetables that include grilled Yellow Squash, sauteed Spinach, Sun-dried tomatoes and Artichoke Bottoms with Chive Whipped Potatoes
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Glad to hear the lamb is back, Tom911! When I have had it, it's been pretty good, especially for airline food. I am guessing the rack of lamb is gone forever now, though. That may have been the best meal I had in AA J in recent experience (I think I had that on two flights: ZRH-DFW, and BRU-ORD.)
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone seen my favorite, the Kentucky Bourbon Chicken, in recent months?
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
The lamb was hands down the best airline meal I've had- even if it was at about 1AM. Very happy to hear it's still around.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
From DFW or ORD, I find that the lamb, um, sucks. From CDG, the rack of lamb is fabulous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.