DXB-BKK (TG)
BKK-DPS (TG)
destination
DPS-SIN (SQ)
SIN-PVG (SQ)
stopover
PVG-ZRH (LX)
ZRH-YUL (LX)

Fees $863.10 for 2 passengers. ( More than expected + or - $450. since all low fee carriers ? )
Quote: I have just booked two business class tickets;

YUL-IST (TK)
IST-CAI (TK)
stopover
CAI-DXB (MS)
DXB-BKK (TG)
BKK-DPS (TG)
destination
DPS-SIN (SQ)
SIN-PVG (SQ)
stopover
PVG-ZRH (LX)
ZRH-YUL (LX)

Fees $863.10 for 2 passengers. ( More than expected + or - $450. since all low fee carriers ? )
TG is where your YQ comes into play. If you removed them, you would have saved a good chunk.
Quote: TG is where your YQ comes into play. If you removed them, you would have saved a good chunk.
I don't understand

on AP site the fees for 1 traveler:

DXB-BKK-DPS on TG $42.60

DXB-SIN-DPS on SQ $46.30 ????
I am trying to piece together my very first RTW for myself and the mother of my child. Goal is to maximize J, minimize YQ. I would like to hit MLE, IST, VCE and KEF. Here is the itinerary I am thinking of:

YQB-YUL/YYZ/ORD (AC or UA if ORD)
YUL/YYZ/ORD-IST (TK)
IST-MLE (TK)
destination
MLE-IST (TK)
IST-VCE (TK)
stopover
VCE-CPH (SK)
CPH-KEF (SK)
stopover
KEF-YUL (ACr)
YUL-YQB (AC)

What are your thoughts? Does that seem like a valid itinerary? 150k miles per person in J, right?

KEF seems like a tough nut to crack if I want to avoid YQ and AC rouge on the return leg. Any suggestions? Would backtracking to CPH to fly SK TATL be an option?
-deleted-
Is it possible to do a YVR - Europe (stop for half a year) - Far East - YVR ? Eventually I would like to get to Japan but I can handle myself if I get to, I dunno, SIN, HKG or TPE or such.

By Europe, I am open to practically anything from Iceland to the Middle East, moving within is easy and cheap. It's the >6 hour flights I need Aeroplan for cheap lie flat seats (I will spend much time in Hungary but that's near irrelevant)

The problem is I can only have one open jaw and if I want to max my mileage I need to go to something like DPS or SIN -- but then getting there from Europe takes too long

Edit: apparently http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23759410-post5.html is still valid, the website just priced out a YVR-FRA,FRA-BKK,BKK-YVR flight for me o_O
I am just about finalized my mini-rtw trip and have a question/opinion to ask the masses.
So I will be going to Sydney this december, the outbound trip is straight forward.

Scrap my previous question regarding Air India, I think I read enough to take them off my list.

Now I have another question, the more I do searching on different possible routings, the more questions I have.

So I was playing around with what is available to get me from YYZ-SYD,
and I found some F available with Asiana for December.
going there would be:

YYZ-LAX - AC J
LAX-ICN - Asiana F 380
ICN-SYD - Asiana F 380 Stop

Now the hard part of returning to YYZ.

Can I still return via:
SYD-PEK CA J
PEK-HKG CA J (Stop)
HKG-ICN Asiana J
ICN-YYZ- AC J

Or would that be over the miles limit for the return? It would be nice to go with the F 380, I never flown on the 380 before.
I'm trying to set up an economy mini-RTW from Winnipeg (YWG) to Asia1(75,000 points). But it seems geographically impossible within the MPM. I've called in three times, primarily to obtain MPMs. Here's a typical route of what I've tried:

YWG-DEN-NRT-SZX-SYX(destination) MPM=10526 gcmap=8,817 mi
SYX-PEK(stop)-ZRH-DUB(stop)-YYZ-YWG *not valid* gcmap=11,513 mi

Impossible?

Plan B is visit China only and return via Pacific routing.

Thanks, Fred
Hi everyone, total newbie here so I apologize for my confusion. I've been researching the past few days and finally landed on this forum. We're planning an upcoming trip with the following itinerary:

YYZ-Toronto > AMS-Amsterdam > TXL-Berlin > FCO-Rome > MAD-Madrid > YYZ-Toronto

I've read and re-read the the first post a few times and I believe I would only be allowed to book the following with Aeroplan: YYZ-Toronto > AMS-Amsterdam (open-jaw) > MAD-Madrid (stopover)> YYZ-Toronto

Except, that would be the same as booking one-way flights departing YYZ to AMS and returning from MAD to YYZ (roughly $150 with 60K points). Is there a better option given the itinerary?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!
Quote: Hi everyone, total newbie here so I apologize for my confusion. I've been researching the past few days and finally landed on this forum. We're planning an upcoming trip with the following itinerary:

YYZ-Toronto > AMS-Amsterdam > TXL-Berlin > FCO-Rome > MAD-Madrid > YYZ-Toronto

I've read and re-read the the first post a few times and I believe I would only be allowed to book the following with Aeroplan: YYZ-Toronto > AMS-Amsterdam (open-jaw) > MAD-Madrid (stopover)> YYZ-Toronto

Except, that would be the same as booking one-way flights departing YYZ to AMS and returning from MAD to YYZ (roughly $150 with 60K points). Is there a better option given the itinerary?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!
2 stops + 1 destination = 3 24+ hour stops total, so take your pick between your 4 cities (AMS, TXL, FCO, MAD)
Quote: 2 stops + 1 destination = 3 24+ hour stops total, so take your pick between your 4 cities (AMS, TXL, FCO, MAD)
Hi, thanks for the response. I did end up calling in was only able to do the following itinerary:

YYZ
MAD
TXL
YYZ (from AMS)

So it's the almost the same as doing two one-way. Unless I'm missing something, there isn't much savings considering flights in Europe are so cheap.
Quote: Hi, thanks for the response. I did end up calling in was only able to do the following itinerary:

YYZ
MAD
TXL
YYZ (from AMS)

So it's the almost the same as doing two one-way. Unless I'm missing something, there isn't much savings considering flights in Europe are so cheap.
You can have 1 open jaw as well as 1 stop-over if you book round-trip.
So assuming you booked YYZ-MAD (open-jaw) TXL-AMS-YYZ, you can have a stop-over in AMS if you wanted.
I know one was not allowed to do this a while back, any success with backtrack via the same city on a stopover?

For example YYZ-IST-ESB(stop)-IST-BKK
Assuming that ESB is only served by Star Alliance from Istanbul (I know not true - just an example)
Quote: I know one was not allowed to do this a while back, any success with backtrack via the same city on a stopover?

For example YYZ-IST-ESB(stop)-IST-BKK
Assuming that ESB is only served by Star Alliance from Istanbul (I know not true - just an example)
It purely depends on the agent. Chances are you cannot do this when you first book the ticket (because chances are even the stupidest Aeroplan agent knows you can't do this) but say you got to ESB, and there was inventory from ESB-IST-BKK, you can call and change your flight to allow you to fly back through IST as most agents will not look at what parts of your trip have fallen off.
Hi, I'm looking for a chart or latest info on how much do the various Aeroplan partners charge for Fuel Surcharge on overseas flights? Thanks