Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

The Whirlwind Swirl Around the World in 108 Hours (MH J/CX F/AF J/UA F/SQ F)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC

Introduction

Seems like for the last little while, I’ve only found 1 opportunity a year to write Trip Report, I would like to print out TRs as fast as SFO777 but with my photo imaging, everyone in the forum knows that’s an impossible feat. Let’s hope I don’t take a year to finish this one either because that would be rather embarrassing to say the least.

As to how I came around to flying this trio of First Class flights around the World. It mainly comprises of two big portions, one was back at Mid-July of 2012, Singapore Airlines while changing reservation system decides to be the nicest Star Alliance partner ever by opening up all their award space to all of their Star Alliance partners for once. During that “SQ Flood Gate” moment, I snag a First Class tickets on some SQ metal on US Airways stock, routing was YYZ-SFO-(via ICN)-SIN-HKG-SIN-(via HKG)-SFO-ORD-YYZ.
For this part of my trip, I used the YYZ-HKG sections.

As for the outbound, I have to thank jfkeze with coming up with this.
I have to thank “Burma/Myanmar Tourism Ministry for their successful "Visit Myanma" campaign and "promotional" airfares”
I mean, looking back for the past 14 months or so
Round 1 in May 2012 – Free for all F/J class ex-RGN to many places around the World
Round 2 to me in Late Jun 2012 – RJ Y RGN-JFK
Round 3 in Aug 2012 – NH/DL J RGN-NRT-Canada
Round 4 in Sep 2012 – LX/SQ/CX plus others in F class RGN-YUL.
Pretty sure when adding up all four rounds, I’m pretty sure I had around 10-12 tickets from the 4 rounds and when I bought this ticket during Round 4, I decide to have a safer option (ex. LX) that wouldn’t be cancelling on me since I need a ticket just after New Years to start my SQ “Flood Gate” tickets, well seeing I was HKG based, CX seems like a safe option and for my outbound I snagged RGN-KUL-HKG-CDG-JFK-YUL.
When you add everything back up together, basically what I did was fly Around the World in 108 Hours, or if you discount my little stunt to Burma, then it's 80 Hours Around the World ^

Route Map

Flights (10 Flights, 27673 Miles)
All Flights Flown
United Airlines 895 – Hong Kong to Singapore Changi (Business Class)
Singapore Airlines 998 – Singapore Changi to Rangoon (Business Class)
Malaysia Airlines 741 – Rangoon to Kuala Lumpur (Business Class)
Malaysia Airlines 78 – Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong (Business Class)
Cathay Pacific Airways 261 – Hong Kong to Paris Charles de Gaulle (First Class)
Air France 6 – Paris Charles de Gaulle to New York Kennedy (Business Class)
United Airlines 303 – New York Kennedy to San Francisco (First Class)
Singapore Airlines 15 – San Francisco to Seoul Incheon (First Class)
Singapore Airlines 15 – Seoul Incheon to Singapore Changi (First Class)
United Airlines 896 – Singapore Changi to Hong Kong (First Class)

Trip Parts
Part 1 – A Snoozy Start to 2013
Part 2 – Don’t you just love Mistake Fares? Malaysia Airlines J RGN-KUL-HKG
Part 3 – Back to the Expected, Cathay Pacific First Class HKG-CDG
Part 4 – Yet Another Whalejet, Air France Airbus 380 Business Class CDG-JFK
Part 5 – Can we just hit the Skip Button, United Airlines P.S First Class JFK-SFO
Part 6 – On top of the World, Singapore Airlines First Class SFO-ICN
Part 7 – I’m flying too much, SQ F ICN-SIN, UA F SIN-HKG

:-:Now, Let's Zoom Around the Globe:-:

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Nov 6, 2013 at 8:07 am Reason: All Completed :)
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Links to My Other Trip Reports

April 2010 - A Crazy Way to End Your Junior Year (AA J/CX F/JL J/AA F)
July - September 2010 - Aren't you a Little Young for RTW trips already (VX F/LH F/LX F/TG F/CX J/QF J/AA F)
January 2011 – Wait, Didn’t you just had a RTW trip this year (AA F/CX F/TK F/LH F/UA F)
April 2011 – A Birthday Dash across the Atlantic (AA Y/BA F)
December 2011 - February 2012 - Finish with a Bang, Start with a Bang (LX F/OZ F/CA J/CX J/AA F/SQ J/BA F)
April 2012 - Celebrating Birthday onboard Cathay First by Cleaning out the Entire Plane (CX F)
July 2012 - Eminem has his 8 Mile, I’ll take my 4 Mile (United Int’l and Premium Service F)
January 2013 - The Whirlwind Swirl Around the World in 108 Hours (MH J/CX F/AF J/UA F/SQ F)
March 2013 - An Early Birthday Present from Momma (AA 762 J/SQ 380 Suites)
April - August 2013 - Doubling Down 5 Continent RTW Marathon (EY/SQ/NH/LH F, SQ/TG/QR/CX/LA/RJ/LO/OU/SW/SA/QF J, AC/W9/JP Y)
November 2013 - A Look to the Past and Stepping into the Future (UA F/Y, AA F/Y, JL F, CX F)
November 2015 - If It’s Included, Why Not Fly it? (EK 388 J) Mini-Trip Report
March 2019 - It's More Fun and Comfortable in the Philippines (CX 351 & 333 J) Mini-Trip Report
January 2020 - The 2020 Pandemic Chronicles - North America Chapter (AA/AC/AS/CX/KA J, CX/KA/OZ Y)

Instagram
IG Link

Yearly Flight Records

2012 - 268,185 Miles Flown
2013 - 270,074 Miles Flown
2014 - 169,616 Miles Flown
2015 - 343,196 Miles Flown
2016 - 439,033 Miles Flown
2017 - 283,753 Miles Flown
2018 - 193,713 Miles Flown
2019 - 175,802 Miles Flown
2020 - 44,516 Miles Flown

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Sep 28, 2021 at 9:42 am
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Part 1 – A Snoozy Start to 2013

Another New Year, time to wipe the slate clean, I need another 100000 Elite Miles for AA Executive Platinum. And luckily for me, I can leave work and get to the airport in less than 15 mins. Sadly I work from 7am-4pm that day which meant I have to wake up at 4am for work, yes a long commute exists in HKG.
And easy mileage ticket for HKG-SIN-RGN to position for my Round 4 RGN-YUL First Class Ticket.

Jan 2, 2013 – Wednesday
UA 895 HKG-SIN 9:35pm – 1:30am(+1) [Jan 3] (747/J)
Jan 3, 2013 – Thursday
SQ 998 SIN-RGN 7:55am – 9:20am (772/J)

Unfortunately for me, I arrived at the check-in a bit too early around 5pm ish so had to wait just another 1 hour before check-in opened.
Once I was check-in, I was off to Thai Airways and United Airlines lounge around gate 60. Did some additional printings in the lounge in case the Round 3 ticket apart and also had a back-up BKK-HKG-JFK set up, would be bad to scuttle my “SQ Flood Gate ticket” because of that critical error.

United Airlines Boeing 747-400

United Airlines 895
Hong Kong to Singapore Changi
Scheduled - 9:35pm – 1:30am(+1)[Jan 3], 3 hr 55 mins flight
Delayed Departure – 10:00pm, Awaiting Inbound Aircraft
Delayed Arrival – 1:43am(+1)
Business Class, Seat 10J
Food – Dinner
Equipment – Boeing 747-400

That is a lot of upgrade, who actually paids for United Business???

Now I usually have the choice of either taking the SQ871 leaving at 19:55 or UA 895 at 21:35, both tends to work for my work schedule, but I decided to take the UA flight just because I wanted a full flat seat for the 3 hours 45 Minutes flight.
That being said, I was a bit worried about the 2-4-2 on the main deck of the United Boeing 747-400.

United Airlines Boeing 747-400 Main Deck Business Class Cabin

The More hidden away Row 9 and Row 10

United Airlines Boeing 747-400 Business Class Seat

May I never have to ride United Economy for 12 hours without a PTV

Pre-Departure Beverage

3 Hours 37 Minutes flying time to Singapore tonight on this delayed service, and door were closed at 10:02pm. Of course since I woke up at 4am for work, I passed out before we were even airborne….

And yet in great Short hair Francis fashion, I somehow mysteriously wake up out of nowhere for the Dinner service.
Chicken or Pasta, welcome back to the United States

And right after the meal, pass out yet again, zzz……..

Wait a minute, am I dreaming, why is there light outside??? Why are we flying so slow???
My seat neighbor is also sleeping but the seat is upright..
Hell no, we’re on final approach, altitude 3000 feet and I was still full flat sleeping on the seat.
Pull up, Pull up, seat!

Of course I had a couple questions for the FA after landing, apparently I passed out like a dead fish, they couldn’t wake me up after numerous attempts and gave up trying to wake me, ha. Good to know for the future I guess.
UA 895 finally parked at A10 at 1:42am, and we’re dumped into SIN at this ungodly hour.

6 Hour overnight transit, Terminal 3 transit hotel please, after handing over some Singapore dollars, I got a room for the next 5 1/2 hours or so, since my Rangoon flight will be in the morning.

Woke up around 6:15am, clean up and head over to Terminal 2 for my next flight.
Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-200

Singapore Airlines 998
Singapore Changi to Rangoon
7:55am – 9:20am, 2 hr 55 min flight
Business Class, Seat 14C
Food – Breakfast
Equipment – Boeing 777-200 (30J/293Y Non-Refurbished)

Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-200 Non-Refurbished Business Class Cabin

Part 1 Continues Below

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Oct 29, 2013 at 3:35 am Reason: Editing
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:44 am
Original Poster

My original seat was 14C, I ended up moving back to 16C to spread out due to the very light load of 12J customers

An open bar Pre-Departure Beverage, ended up choosing Tomato Juice

Boarding Completed rather at 7:46, and we pushed back around 5 mins after.

Bye Bye Singapore

2 Hours 30 Minutes to Rangoon this morning, my home away from home

A Iced Coffee to start the dining service

SQ 998 Breakfast

Prelude
A choice of apple, tomato or freshly squeezed Orange Juice
Sliced Fresh Fruit

Main Course
Sen Mee PHad Kung Kup Kai
Stir Fried Rice Vermicelli with Shrimps, Chicken and Leafy Greens

Omelette with Mushroom, Chicken Sausages, Roasted Tomato and Potatoes

Selection of Oriental Dim Sum
Prawn Dumpling, Scallop Dumpling and Steamed Yam Cake

Breads
Assorted Breakfast Rolls
Butter – Fruit Preserve

Beverages
Gourmet Coffee & Selection of Fine Tea

A Singapore Sling to end the service

After the meal service, I took advantage of more sleeping opportunites and soon we were coming into the Rangoon

Landing was at 9:04 and I’m back home in Rangoon, this is now what, the fourth time I’ve been here since Jun 2012.

We parked at 9:09 and I bid good-bye to the SQ crew, and back in Burma yet again

Next Part
Part 2 – Don’t You Just Love Mistake Fares, Malaysia Airlines J RGN-KUL-HKG

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Aug 24, 2013 at 6:40 am
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Love the Myanma tourism bureau campaign!
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Looking forward to rest...in a year or so.

Very jealous you got in on all 4 rounds of the ex-RGN ticket. I was happy just getting in on the SQ Award-gate.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Loving the detailed trip report. Can't wait for the mistake fare section. Wish I could get a mistake fare.. preferably with a 0 left off the end of the total price!
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis

Wait a minute, am I dreaming, why is there light outside??? Why are we flying so slow???
My seat neighbor is also sleeping but the seat is upright..
Hell no, we’re on final approach, altitude 3000 feet and I was still full flat sleeping on the seat.
Pull up, Pull up, seat!
LOL!
Nice start to your flights and I see you took a roundabout route to get to RGN which is supposed to be closer to HKG I think...
Old Aug 24, 2013, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Love the Myanma tourism bureau campaign!
Didn't we all, I LOVE the Myanma Tourism Bureau Campaign
Would gladly take a repeat promotion in 2014 @:-)

Originally Posted by dat4life
Looking forward to rest...in a year or so.

Very jealous you got in on all 4 rounds of the ex-RGN ticket. I was happy just getting in on the SQ Award-gate.
No kidding, I really need to finish them up a bit quicker

I consider 2012 - 2013 to be a wonderful year of travel for myself.
1) United Airlines 4 Miles Promotion from HKG
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...service-f.html
2) SQ "Flood-Gate" First Class Ticket
3) SQ Suites via Krisflyer Miles, if I can ever courage up to write that one.
4) LX F via the Lifemiles hole before we hit an unlucky coin
5) LA J from JFK-SCL for 900 USD
6) 4 Different Rounds of Rangoon, I ended up flying the ones below plus there was at least 4 I cancel on my own accord plus 4 others airlines cancelled.
And my parents also scored 4 RGN tickets each on their own too ^
Really proud of them for that one :-:

Round 1
1 TG/NH J RGN-BKK-HND-LAX
1 SQ/SA J RGN-SIN-PER-JNB(and threw-away JNB)

Round 2
Which really helped my EXP requal since it was a Full Y fare
Both tickets popped out over 40K EQP for $ 1000
Although chasing the miles down from AAdvantage, what a piece of work that is
1 MH/RJ Y RGN-KUL-BKK-AMM-JFK-AMM-BKK-RGN
1 PG/RJ Y RGN-BKK-AMM-JFK-AMM-BKK-RGN

Round 3
If it wasn't 85 US dollar, never imagined flying DL J
1 NH/DL J RGN-NRT-SEA-YVR
If you want to know how much fun we had, SFO777 Report is a great example
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...round-2-a.html

Round 4
Both tickets were MH J/CX F/AF J combos
1 RGN-KUL-HKG-CDG-JFK-YUL
1 RGN-KUL-HKG-CDG-YUL

The RGN Promotion were a God Send for someone that was going to be HKG based

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Loving the detailed trip report. Can't wait for the mistake fare section. Wish I could get a mistake fare.. preferably with a 0 left off the end of the total price!
The Mistake fare section is more funny on the account of the interactions of myself and the MH personnel, details wise I think my reply to dat4life is more appropriate

I did dig out the price of my Round 4 ticket however
Base fare - $ 120.00 CAD
Taxes/Fees - $ 450.68 CAD
Total Price for Ticket - $ 570.68 CAD for
RGN - KUL - HKG - CDG - JFK - YUL
Did they leave a zero off the end price

Originally Posted by quirrow
LOL!
Nice start to your flights and I see you took a roundabout route to get to RGN which is supposed to be closer to HKG I think...
No kidding, I've never had a situation where the FA couldn't wake me up and just left me in that state for landing.
Back in January, positioning RGN-HKG was a bit of a tough cookie and it still is today if the promo came back.
KA RGN-HKG didn't exist til like the 8th of January, and the flight time sucks, you land in RGN around 11:55pm
You basically had either BKK/KUL/SIN
If you use Star Miles, the only same day connection available is BKK on TG.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Part 2 – Don’t You Just Love Mistake Fares, Malaysia Airlines J RGN-KUL-HKG

Jan 3, 2013 – Thursday
MH 741 RGN – KUL 12:15pm – 4:30pm (738/J)
MH 78/CX 1724 KUL – HKG 7:25pm – 11:00pm (738/J)

No Lines at the Rangoon immigration and I’ve enter into Burma yet again, this time for a 3 hours 55 Minutes connection to yet another set of Rangoon tickets.
For this round, I had the combo RGN-KUL-HKG-CDG-JFK-YUL on a MH/CX/CX/DL/AA combo for just around 570 bucks in First Class. That is of course if all the affected parties decided to play nice.

Before coming into RGN, I had someone look up my ticket number in the MH system to see if any problems might pop up. And of course, MH had marked it, incorrect fare, do not accept customer.

Luckily, even though MH had mark the record in such a way, real life situation in RGN differs as check in opens up around 9:40am. Either way, I was getting to fly this ticket or not, but you wouldn’t know unless you were there.
And as Flyertalk World know, the MH personnel in RGN certainly had a list as to knowing on a day to day basis as to whom these guys were flying on these fare. And for the record, this is what he had to say.
“Sir, Malaysia Airlines will let you travel on this ERRONEOUS fare but we don't know about other airlines, good luck”
This fare is certainly easier without any baggage as the airline are only willing to check you in for the sector they control. Weirdly for my situation, MH in RGN can’t even check me in for my KUL-HKG sector on MH metal, CX code.
Took just about 10 minutes to finish check in, and I promise the MH personnel I’ll see him next month again

Back in the Royal Jade Lounge, who else is in here today?

Malaysia Airlines Boeing 737-800, lucked out and got 9M-MXK

Malaysia Airlines has mainly two types of Boeing 737-800, older seats and newer seats. As a note, usually the 9M-ML series are the older ones (16F/150Y) while the 9M-MX (16F/144Y) are the new Sky Interior layout with AVOD, I believe 9M-MLN or later aircraft are also the newer layout, but I can’t remember 100 percent.

Malaysia Airlines 741
Rangoon to Kuala Lumpur
12:15pm – 4:30pm, 2 hr 45 min flight
Business Class, Seat 1C
Food – Lunch
Equipment – Boeing 737-800 (16F/144Y) with Sky Interior “9M-MXK”

Boarding was at 30 mins prior to departure and I got a couple photos inside the cabin

Malaysia Airlines Boeing 737-800 New Business Class Cabin

With a seat neighbor at 1A and empty 1D/1F pair, I slid over to the other side of the aircraft

Pre-Departure Beverage

With an on time boarding release, we finished boarding early yet again, and door closed at 12:06pm with a pushback a couple minutes later

Some of Myanmar’s latest investment

Back again next month Rangoon

AVOD offers a English and Bahasa Malaysia option, bulkhead TV are in the center console while the other business class seat are seatback type.

2 Hours 26 Minutes flying time back down to Kuala Lumpur

Weirdly for this Malaysian flight, no menu was given, but the choices were chicken, cod or seafood cake

Part 2 Continues Below

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Aug 24, 2013 at 6:40 am
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:37 am
Original Poster

And just around 4:10pm, we’ve finally started descent into KL

One of the new Malaysia Airlines New Toy

9M-MXK at Kuala Lumpur

After getting my KUL-HKG boarding pass at the transfer desk, no troubles there but they were unwilling to issue a boarding pass for HKG-CDG, I enter Malaysia and headed out to CX check-in counter to give it a try anyhow.

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

The Out-sourced Cathay agents refused to handle any request other than flights originating in KUL so no luck, and I enter back to the airside for the Golden Regional Lounge

Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Airlines Golden Regional Lounge

Part 2 Continues Below
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Lounge was very big for the regional terminal and it had a nice amount of western and Asian foods, and around 5:45pm, I went for a shower knowing I wouldn’t have the time to do so while transiting HKG.

Unfortunately the shower agent didn’t note the fact that hot water plumbing was out of action, oh geez, now isn’t that a fact you should let your customers knows.
And around 6:30pm, I made my way down to the gate G6 for the next flight to HKG.

Another Malaysia Airlines Boeing 737-800

You would think MH would prioritize some of the newer 738s to more premier locations like HKG for instance, with my bad luck, I get a newer plane from Rangoon and get a dinghy old 738 on the longer KUL-HKG leg, ouch

Malaysia Airlines 78
Sold as Cathay Pacific Airways 1724
Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong
7:25pm – 11:00pm, 3 hr 35 min flight
Business Class, Seat 2C
Food – Dinner
Equipment – Boeing 737-800 (16F/150Y) Old Config “9M-MLK”

Boarding time gone and pass and no announcements were made, and in typical HKG fashion, time to queue up

And boarding finally started at 7:04pm

Malaysia Airlines Boeing 737-800 Old Business Class Cabin

My seat, 2C, with no seat neighbor tonight, 6/16 up front but full house in the back tonight

Captain announced we have a strong headwind to Hong Kong today and flying time is 3 hours 30 Minutes tonight, which would put us late back to HKG. Door were closed at 7:25pm exact, no bad considering they boarded a 90% capacity 738 in 20 so minutes

Takeoff from Kuala Lumpur

Am I flying Alaska Airlines, digiplayers????

Well to solve these 9M-MLK which has no audio, video offerings or power outlets, MH decided to offer up with a digiplayer, sadly with no options I had interested in

MH 78 Dinner

Appetizer
Malaysian Satay
Our Award-Winning Signature Dish
Charcoal Hand Grilled Chicken and Lamb Skewers with Peanut Sauce and Accompaniments

Marinated Prawns
With pomelo coriander salad, fresh lettuce and lemon

Bakery Selection

Main Course
Chicken Korma
Braised Chicken in coriander paste, chilli, and spices with basmathi rice and fried mixed vegetables

Pan Fried Cod with Yusang Sauce
With steamed rice, carrot, mushroom, and siew pak choy

Chilli Basil Wok Fried Prawn
With steamed rice and mixed Vegetables

Lamb Cutlet with Sundried Tomato Sauce
With Garlic Mashed Potato and Roasted Vegetables

Dessert
Tiramisu

Fresh Fruit

Mixed of Chicken and Lamb Skewers to start

Fruit Bowl and Prawn Appetizer

Lamb Cutlet with Sundried Tomato Sauce

Tiramisu

After the meal service, I soon took an additional nap for tonight’s Cathay Pacific First Class flight. And we started descent just around 10:40pm, not too late from the scheduled flight times.

Next Part
Part 3 – Back to the Expected, Cathay Pacific First Class HKG-CDG
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:26 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
As usual, a real pleasure to read your trip reports. Nice pictures and well detailed stories, pleasantly written as well.

On the other end, I'm really curious of how to book an erroneous fare. I've been reading trip reports on the famous RGN F tickets but do you basically just book one ticket with any booking engine that handles multi-city trips? How do you use a more specific tool?
Sorry to ask this as I think most of you guys know the answer obviously but I have to admit I don't, even after reading dozens of these TR.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Gold, easyJet Flight Club, Global Entry
Lovely stuff - I'm enjoying reading about your trip so far and looking forward to the next instalment..
Old Aug 24, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis

I consider 2012 - 2013 to be a wonderful year of travel for myself.
1) United Airlines 4 Miles Promotion from HKG
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...service-f.html
2) SQ "Flood-Gate" First Class Ticket
3) SQ Suites via Krisflyer Miles, if I can ever courage up to write that one.
4) LX F via the Lifemiles hole before we hit an unlucky coin
5) LA J from JFK-SCL for 900 USD
6) 4 Different Rounds of Rangoon, I ended up flying the ones below plus there was at least 4 I cancel on my own accord plus 4 others airlines cancelled.
And my parents also scored 4 RGN tickets each on their own too ^
Really proud of them for that one :-:

Round 1
1 TG/NH J RGN-BKK-HND-LAX
1 SQ/SA J RGN-SIN-PER-JNB(and threw-away JNB)

Round 2
Which really helped my EXP requal since it was a Full Y fare
Both tickets popped out over 40K EQP for $ 1000
Although chasing the miles down from AAdvantage, what a piece of work that is
1 MH/RJ Y RGN-KUL-BKK-AMM-JFK-AMM-BKK-RGN
1 PG/RJ Y RGN-BKK-AMM-JFK-AMM-BKK-RGN

Round 3
If it wasn't 85 US dollar, never imagined flying DL J
1 NH/DL J RGN-NRT-SEA-YVR
If you want to know how much fun we had, SFO777 Report is a great example
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...round-2-a.html

Round 4
Both tickets were MH J/CX F/AF J combos
1 RGN-KUL-HKG-CDG-JFK-YUL
1 RGN-KUL-HKG-CDG-YUL
Oh man...I didn't realize round 4 was so good... All of those deals came about on the rare periods where I'm incommunicado due to meeting after meeting after meeting... ugh. That would have really helped with my EXP push this year as my work travel got sliced substantially due to budget cuts.

I did however get in on the JFK-SCL deal. I would post a TR, but my pictures from the trip...err wouldn't pass the UA overhead IFE test due.

Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
On the other end, I'm really curious of how to book an erroneous fare. I've been reading trip reports on the famous RGN F tickets but do you basically just book one ticket with any booking engine that handles multi-city trips? How do you use a more specific tool?
Sorry to ask this as I think most of you guys know the answer obviously but I have to admit I don't, even after reading dozens of these TR.
Not steal SHF's thunder here, but it's different for each deal. I believe the ex-RGN deal was bookable on a wide spectrum of online travel agencies (expedia, etc.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.