FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Whirlwind Swirl Around the World in 108 Hours (MH J/CX F/AF J/UA F/SQ F)
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:38 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC

Lounge was very big for the regional terminal and it had a nice amount of western and Asian foods, and around 5:45pm, I went for a shower knowing I wouldn’t have the time to do so while transiting HKG.

Unfortunately the shower agent didn’t note the fact that hot water plumbing was out of action, oh geez, now isn’t that a fact you should let your customers knows.
And around 6:30pm, I made my way down to the gate G6 for the next flight to HKG.

Another Malaysia Airlines Boeing 737-800

You would think MH would prioritize some of the newer 738s to more premier locations like HKG for instance, with my bad luck, I get a newer plane from Rangoon and get a dinghy old 738 on the longer KUL-HKG leg, ouch

Malaysia Airlines 78
Sold as Cathay Pacific Airways 1724
Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong
7:25pm – 11:00pm, 3 hr 35 min flight
Business Class, Seat 2C
Food – Dinner
Equipment – Boeing 737-800 (16F/150Y) Old Config “9M-MLK”

Boarding time gone and pass and no announcements were made, and in typical HKG fashion, time to queue up

And boarding finally started at 7:04pm

Malaysia Airlines Boeing 737-800 Old Business Class Cabin

My seat, 2C, with no seat neighbor tonight, 6/16 up front but full house in the back tonight

Captain announced we have a strong headwind to Hong Kong today and flying time is 3 hours 30 Minutes tonight, which would put us late back to HKG. Door were closed at 7:25pm exact, no bad considering they boarded a 90% capacity 738 in 20 so minutes

Takeoff from Kuala Lumpur

Am I flying Alaska Airlines, digiplayers????

Well to solve these 9M-MLK which has no audio, video offerings or power outlets, MH decided to offer up with a digiplayer, sadly with no options I had interested in

MH 78 Dinner

Appetizer
Malaysian Satay
Our Award-Winning Signature Dish
Charcoal Hand Grilled Chicken and Lamb Skewers with Peanut Sauce and Accompaniments

Marinated Prawns
With pomelo coriander salad, fresh lettuce and lemon

Bakery Selection

Main Course
Chicken Korma
Braised Chicken in coriander paste, chilli, and spices with basmathi rice and fried mixed vegetables

Pan Fried Cod with Yusang Sauce
With steamed rice, carrot, mushroom, and siew pak choy

Chilli Basil Wok Fried Prawn
With steamed rice and mixed Vegetables

Lamb Cutlet with Sundried Tomato Sauce
With Garlic Mashed Potato and Roasted Vegetables

Dessert
Tiramisu

Fresh Fruit

Mixed of Chicken and Lamb Skewers to start

Fruit Bowl and Prawn Appetizer

Lamb Cutlet with Sundried Tomato Sauce

Tiramisu

After the meal service, I soon took an additional nap for tonight’s Cathay Pacific First Class flight. And we started descent just around 10:40pm, not too late from the scheduled flight times.

Next Part
Part 3 – Back to the Expected, Cathay Pacific First Class HKG-CDG