Search

SAS at LHR T2

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:03 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by timlno
This looks promissing though...

"There will also be an arrivals lounge from United for everybody. Star gold members can go to any lounge they want to, whichever is closest to their departure gate."
Standard *G rules, I guess
Old Apr 27, 2014, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
A common *A lounge in each zone of T2 makes more sense, why everyone should open their own lounge and replicate infrastructure?
What's happening is not that different to what BA has done in T5, where there are 4 departure lounges in T5A and 1 more in T5B. Huge lounges, such as Emirates in Dubai are not very appealing.... indeed there are common parts of T5 that are far pleasanter than the Emirates lounge !

The Lufthansa lounge(s) in the main terminal would appear to cover all international short haul flights, including SAS. Aer Lingus will also have a lounge and there will be a pay as you go lounge too. The others lounges will be in the satellite - both United and Air Canada have a large number of long flights so perhaps better to have 2 lounges than one mega lounge and Singapore have a high service reputation (and also use the A380) so would always want their own thing. That still leaves a lot of airlines who will be sharing these lounges.

Last edited by Leavinglondon; May 1, 2014 at 1:37 pm Reason: more info
Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Leavinglondon
What's happening is not that different to what BA has done in T5...

The Lufthansa lounge(s) in the main terminal would appear to cover all short haul flights, including SAS....
It is really quite simple for me. Now SAS has its lounge extremely well located right after shopping and next to gate 9 and 11 which they use 19 of 20 times I fly with them from LHR. The food is not great, but also not terrible, and the staff is extremely helpful.

If the Lufthansa solution in T2 is akin to BA in T5 where their lounge for Gold card holders has hot food, table service and nice beverages, then I will be happy. If it is akin to the overcrowded experience I have had in Senator lounges in MUC and FRA without free Wifi, and located far from my gate, then I think it is a reduction of service.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
The bad part of going from SK to *A lounge is, that rules changes “immediate family” to 1 guest.
Old May 4, 2014, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by ScandiGB
....the Lufthansa solution in T2 is akin to BA in T5 where their lounge for Gold card holders has hot food, table service and nice beverages, then I will be happy. If it is akin to the overcrowded experience I have had in Senator lounges in MUC and FRA without free Wifi, and located far from my gate, then I think it is a reduction of service.
Presumably the Lufthansa solution in T2 will have 2 parts, a dire * Gold section, as bad as their other lounges and a better section for their own premium passengers. BA Gold is a higher level than * Gold.... and even the BA business lounges at T5 are much better than an * Gold lounge I have had the misfortune to be in.
Old May 19, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
I attended the T2 trials day on Saturday and took these 2 pictures for information.

Last edited by Mattyb44; May 19, 2014 at 8:14 am
Old May 21, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by Matthew Bennion
I attended the T2 trials day on Saturday and took these 2 pictures for information.

So 4 *A lounges, basically? Not bad. But do I correctly understand that only the LH and UA lounges are open for all *G passengers? Would be a pity if there's also a nice Maple Leaf Lounge.
Old May 21, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by UltraRant
So 4 *A lounges, basically? Not bad. But do I correctly understand that only the LH and UA lounges are open for all *G passengers? Would be a pity if there's also a nice Maple Leaf Lounge.
Not sure about that. Would presume all *A lounges should allow all *G members in? Perhaps you know more than I do (most likely)
Old May 21, 2014, 8:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The LH lounge in A is probably the wise(r) choice for pax travelling to european destinations. The B pier is reserved for longhaul aircraft.
Old May 22, 2014, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The B pier is reserved for longhaul aircraft.
If it operates anything like T5 there will be some short haul flights from T2B in addition to some long haul from T2A. However unlike at T5, T2B is accessed by a walkway and it is possible to walk both to it and back to the main building.... it is a long walk and it would take a while but there are signs that refer to using it for lounges. I wonder whether this will lead to people underestimating the time needed to go and return and missing their flights.
Old May 24, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Leavinglondon
If it operates anything like T5 there will be some short haul flights from T2B in addition to some long haul from T2A. However unlike at T5, T2B is accessed by a walkway and it is possible to walk both to it and back to the main building.... it is a long walk and it would take a while but there are signs that refer to using it for lounges. I wonder whether this will lead to people underestimating the time needed to go and return and missing their flights.
I did the walk during a visit to T2 and you should estimate around 15 minutes walk between lounges in T2A to a gate in T2B.

I do expect them to plan departures to leave from gates close to the lounges - e.g. United departures will be placed on gates close to the United Club lounge. But divations will happen for sure.

The signs in the terminal it self states it will take up to 25 minutes from security to the T2B gates:

Br,
Henrik
Old May 26, 2014, 5:51 am

Programs: UA *G MM
25 min?? That is 2 km with a leisurely Google maps pace.

I guess the opening dates mirror when the respective airlines plan to relocate to T2.

Regarding SK, I guess it is impossible to share the lounge with AC (and TG) like they did in T3 with such great distances. And now they are in the same terminal as other short-haul *A carriers so why not let big brother LH take care of it.
Old May 26, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
The signs all like Schiphol airport xD!
Old May 26, 2014, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by gnaget
25 min?? That is 2 km with a leisurely Google maps pace.
They have to calculator lower speeds... old people, people with small kids, sometimes heavy traffic and crowded corridors - so they are posting a very careful estimation.

Last week in ARN they posted 15 minutes from Terminal 5 to Terminal 2 which took me round about 5 minutes.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: EBP/SK*G, M&M FT, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Diamond
Just got confirmation from lounge staff at LHR yesterday, no SK owned lounge at T2! LH will be the preferred option - assumingly because UA, AC and SQ will not have as frequent flights out of LHR and lounges therefore may have limited opening hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.