Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Let's post successful Swagbucks codes here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's post successful Swagbucks codes here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: Skyteam
It didn't work for me.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by skchin
It didn't work for me.
I guess it is just the random bonus bucks awarded by the daily search. Yesterday when I searched flyertalk , I received 30 swagbucks. So it is probably YMMV.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
SB response

Originally Posted by sinfonia
I have read that people who do too many searches just to earn SB receive some sort of warning or rules page saying that searching more often won't award SB any faster. That's fine -- I never do extra searches just to earn SB since I know it won't work anyway, so it has never affected me.

But I'm sitting here doing a project, doing actual work and needed to search a few places to complete the project, so I typed these search queries into the SB toolbar. I did one search which showed results (most worthless so I had to do a Google search afterwards) and then tried to search a different query immediately afterwards. These are legitimate searches, mind you. The SB rules page comes up after only one prior search. So I figure fine, it thinks I'm searching too much so I worked on something else to "give it time." 20 minutes later, I try another search and the SB rules page comes up again on the first search. I waited 15 minutes and tried again only to get the SB rules page. At this point, I was irritated so I typed the exact same query into the search bar on the rules page, telling it "yes, I MEAN to search for this" but again and again, the rules page continues to show. Search after search after search after search resulted in the SB rules page coming up as if I'm trying to trick the system into receiving more SB. The funny thing about all of this is that I haven't even been awarded ANY SB for searches in over two days (though I've searched plenty) and have missed 2 of the last 3 codes posted here (or is it 3 of the last 4?) so it can't be that they've awarded too much to me recently.

In any case, I have had to re-search on Google everytime that stupid rules page came up which was often. I realize how terrible the actual search function is on SB but didn't mind typing it into the Google search afterwards here or there if I couldn't find what I wanted, but to have to type every query into Google because it won't give me ANY results?? Frustrating. I waste more time trying to find actual results for actual queries because SB is trying to out-game me because they're scared I'm gaming them.

I'm finding SB is really losing its value in my opinion. It's becoming not worth my time to use it for legitimate searches anymore. I'll likely keep up on codes and enter those but forget using it as a search function anymore.
I wrote an email complaining of the above to SB. Here is their response:

Thanks for contacting Swag Bucks customer support. We appreciate your input and will take it into consideration. Have a great day!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:10 pm

New Code: "Blinking12:00" unknown expiry
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JCareyB
New Code: "Blinking12:00" unknown expiry
Code still good. It's worth 12 sb
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by aerospace
Code still good. It's worth 12 sb
TSG has hidden a Swag Code. You'll need the widget, and eagle eyes to snag 12 Bucks before 5:30 pm PDT. If you weren't enjoying your Saturday before, you will now
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:41 pm

binabug

Why the tease?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 6:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by JCareyB
Why the tease?
I think binabug posted that to indicate that the code quoted in their post expires at 5:30 PDT, as that's the hidden code.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by binabug
TSG has hidden a Swag Code. You'll need the widget, and eagle eyes to snag 12 Bucks before 5:30 pm PDT. If you weren't enjoying your Saturday before, you will now
how long are the codes normally valid for?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mexxem
how long are the codes normally valid for?
It varies--some are valid only for a few minutes, others are valid for several hours. The ones in the newsletter are usually valid for a day or two.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:06 pm

sorry , didn't realize that the code would not post with my quote
and the damn codes never last long enough LOL
I am mostly at work when they are posted
Old Mar 21, 2010, 6:04 pm

Mar 21 code: Sprewards
Worth 8 SB
Unknown Expiration
Old Mar 21, 2010, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by moo-moo
Worth 8 SB
Unknown Expiration
Still working. Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by moo-moo
Worth 8 SB
Unknown Expiration
Code is now expired.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, AS
Widget says:

"Find TSG's comment b4 12:35 pm PDT"

but I can't find the code - can anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.