Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Let's post successful Swagbucks codes here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's post successful Swagbucks codes here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2010, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by foxberg
Well, OS points posted. No SBs. I got an email from OS saying:

Want to take more surveys and earn even more points and tokens? Downloading OpinionSquare software and keeping it active on your computer is your key to getting more surveys.

Yeah, right. Dream on.
yeah that is what all the Canadian offers basically are...sign up for columbia house, install this application that application etc and those I TOTALLY refuse to do...ours is crap
Old Mar 11, 2010, 8:37 pm

Programs: NWA Worldperks, AA Advantage, United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by feelie75
relativelynormal, i was wondering about that KK trailer loophole. Would they ban someone for using that? I mean, it SAYS you get 2 SB everytime you view the video, so I just kept viewing it over and over again and got a few extra points, doesn't seem like an exploit. But it does seem they stopped that from working now, but I'm wondering on other videos if that's frowned upon??
I don't think so. I think they get revenue (or something from those KK trailer hits) but I think they do limit the amount of swagbucks you can get now. I've done that for a while now and haven't been banned.

The axe commericial has given me 32sb(I think) at the most. The macy's one I think I got 20 at the most. That one is far more annoying of the two.

Does anyone know how many Amazon GC that swagbucks lets you redeem per month? I read somewhere where it was 3 but I could be wrong.

On the numerous software download offers--one potential solution is to install sandboxie and then install that swagbucks crap and sandbox it; then after sb posts remove those programs. I haven't tried this yet (not familiar with sandboxie). But if someone here does decide to try, could they please report whether or not this works?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:16 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by relativelynormal
Does anyone know how many Amazon GC that swagbucks lets you redeem per month? I read somewhere where it was 3 but I could be wrong.
5/calendar month. Then I go to the PayPal $5 ones. Alas, they are 5/month, also.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 1:43 am

On the numerous software download offers--one potential solution is to install sandboxie and then install that swagbucks crap and sandbox it; then after sb posts remove those programs. I haven't tried this yet (not familiar with sandboxie). But if someone here does decide to try, could they please report whether or not this works?
Regarding that, I install all of those spyware swagbucks programs into a virtual machine, heh. I am running Windows 7 and it comes with a built-in feature to install a separate version of Windows XP as a "Virtual machine". So whenever I want to do one of those offers, I just install all the software in my XP installation so it doesn't affect my main Windows 7 machine.

It can be a bit complicated for many people, but just thought I'd mention it. Also, "VMWare" is a commercial product (share/trialware??) that will let you install multiple instances of Windows on your machine if you want to investigate that option as well. Goodluck! Always keep a nerd nearby to reinstall your Windows after you flood it with swag offer downloads
Old Mar 12, 2010, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by feelie75
Regarding that, I install all of those spyware swagbucks programs into a virtual machine, heh. I am running Windows 7 and it comes with a built-in feature to install a separate version of Windows XP as a "Virtual machine". So whenever I want to do one of those offers, I just install all the software in my XP installation so it doesn't affect my main Windows 7 machine.

It can be a bit complicated for many people, but just thought I'd mention it. Also, "VMWare" is a commercial product (share/trialware??) that will let you install multiple instances of Windows on your machine if you want to investigate that option as well. Goodluck! Always keep a nerd nearby to reinstall your Windows after you flood it with swag offer downloads
I guess I could try that. I run Mac OS 10.6 and have Parallels 5 installed. So I can run XP, Vista or 7. I'll probably choose the crappiest one of them (Vista or 7) and try to install all that SB stuff there.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: United 1 k ;Hertz Gold; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Priority Club Gold; BMI Silver
getting search bucks

What does it take to get bucks from searches anymore. It used to be relatively easy to get bucks- now it takes forever and often still no luck. Any insights?
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Jimster
What does it take to get bucks from searches anymore. It used to be relatively easy to get bucks- now it takes forever and often still no luck. Any insights?
The only thing that seems to help, and this is only anecdotal mind you, is signing in to SB, do a search or two, let that page sit idle, then go back to it after 20 minutes or so.

Whereas I used to get SBs for a search on my first attempt or two on the old system, the new system seems to want me to wait a bit. Again, this is only my history, but has been consistent for me since the changeover.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
The only thing that seems to help, and this is only anecdotal mind you, is signing in to SB, do a search or two, let that page sit idle, then go back to it after 20 minutes or so.
And I thought I was just imagining this...
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL Gold, IHG Plat
New code in the toolbar until 5:30pm PT
http://hosting.conduit.com/Messages/?ct=CT2260173
Old Mar 12, 2010, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by NYCFlyGirl
New code in the toolbar until 5:30pm PT
http://hosting.conduit.com/Messages/?ct=CT2260173
Oh, that was a good one, Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Thank you!
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:08 am

MarchSwagness expires 12:30 am PST for 7 SB
Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for posting abomb576! I checked this thread just in time!
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Jimster
you get one usually just for having the toolbar
every day when i open my ff a window pops up and says i've gotten one (sometimes 2) swagpoints for having the toolbar
then I do my search, usually facebook or my name etc and I generally get my first ten points within the first 3 min of my day
it used to take me a week to even get ten points (10 pts now = 100)
so its gotten way better for myself
Old Mar 13, 2010, 11:15 am

I don't think so. I think they get revenue (or something from those KK trailer hits) but I think they do limit the amount of swagbucks you can get now. I've done that for a while now and haven't been banned.

The axe commericial has given me 32sb(I think) at the most. The macy's one I think I got 20 at the most. That one is far more annoying of the two.

What is a sandboxie, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by samsong; Aug 4, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.