Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dioxide45
I have noticed this over the years and thought I would pass it along for some who may never visit the actual website and only read the BonusMails. Visit the website periodically because they often have 5 point click through offers on the website. Usually some type of questionnaire. Usually one or two questions to see if you qualify for an offer or to lead you in to an offer. End result is 5 points for no cost except your time.
After your post I went looking for this "BonusMails" tab and haven't seen it in my homepage.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I noticed the new offer for Cottonelle this morning. Tempted also, but will probably pass as we are not fans of the brand.
There may be a local charity that would take them, however. You still come out way ahead on the points.

Can't remember the last time I went to Walmart so frequently, although it works out nicely for us, since my wife takes care of the My Points stuff while I run my other Walmart, um, "errand."

Mike
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Sam's Club

New offer today: purchase 128 oz. Shout Stain Remover at Sam's Club, renew or join Sam's Club, receive 2500 points. What to do . . . the closest Sam's Club is 35 miles 1-way. That would be enough Shout to last a lifetime. Just noticed $35 to join. Nope, I'm not that obsessed. Will wait and hope they offer something from Costco or, better yet, Target.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
After your post I went looking for this "BonusMails" tab and haven't seen it in my homepage.
I see an offer right now that is on a tab labeled "Auto". The box is in the right hand column about half way down under the box "Gift Ideas for Friends" where a "Connect with Facebook" blue button appears.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58
New offer today: purchase 128 oz. Shout Stain Remover at Sam's Club, renew or join Sam's Club, receive 2500 points. What to do . . . the closest Sam's Club is 35 miles 1-way. That would be enough Shout to last a lifetime. Just noticed $35 to join. Nope, I'm not that obsessed. Will wait and hope they offer something from Costco or, better yet, Target.
This offer isn't worth it to us, we have a Sam's close by which we are members and just visited yesterday. However, we would never use the Shout and our membership doesn't expire for 7 more months.

If the Shout costs $10 (could be more, I didn't check) plus the $35 renewal fee. Those 2500 points are costing 1.8 cents per point. Not a great value IMO.

Edited to add: Hey I was close on the price of the Shout, our local club has it for $9.44.

Last edited by dioxide45; Jul 31, 2012 at 9:02 pm
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
There may be a local charity that would take them, however. You still come out way ahead on the points.
We could buy a 6 pack of TP and the wipes for a combined price of probably about $8. $8 for 2000 points works out to cost about .4 cents per point. Good considering for a gift card redemption the value is about .6 or .7 cents per point.

However, seeing as how we just used 10,000 MileagePlus miles to get a ticket on an international partner airline that would have cost $581 cash. So those 2000 MP points have a value of over 5.8 cents per point. I guess I am tempted again no matter how much I dislike the Cottonelle. Heck even the Shout+Sam's Club membership looks good.

Last edited by dioxide45; Aug 1, 2012 at 4:10 am
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:01 pm

I will add, it is good to see that they have included e-mail redemption instructions in the newest round of offers.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I see an offer right now that is on a tab labeled "Auto". The box is in the right hand column about half way down under the box "Gift Ideas for Friends" where a "Connect with Facebook" blue button appears.
Then we must have more personalized icons as that box on my homepage says "Personal Savings" twice, "Social Media" twice, "Dating" & "Finance". I have seen a few 5 point offers for a yes or no question but it's hardly a haul, at least the few times I've checked.

I will keep checking however as patience is usually rewarded.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
No renewals or membership fees required. Sam's has a Day Pass offer. You can go online to print out a one day membership. Or just ask for one at your local Sam's.

One-Day Pass
Published 11/23/2008 08:11 PM | Updated 07/09/2012 11:31 AM
Do I have to be a member to shop at Sam's Club or SamsClub.com?

Yes, you do; however:

You may visit your local club with a One-Day Pass.
You do not have to be a Sam's Club member to use the One-Day Pass.
To obtain a One-Day Pass just go into your local Cub and request a pass.
You can also print off the attached pdf.

Please Note:

To shop Sam's Club without being assessed a 10% service fee over and above Sam's Club listed prices on all merchandise, you must be a Sam's Club Member.

An "Invitation to Join" is available on SamsClub.com at https://www.samsclub.com/sams/shoppi...sterToShop.jsp and works the same way as the in-Club One-Day Pass.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We could buy a 6 pack of TP and the wipes for a combined price of probably about $8. $8 for 2000 points works out to cost about .4 cents per point. Good considering for a gift card redemption the value is about .6 or .7 cents per point.

However, seeing as how we just used 10,000 MileagePlus miles to get a ticket on an international partner airline that would have cost $581 cash. So those 2000 MP points have a value of over 5.8 cents per point. I guess I am tempted again no matter how much I dislike the Cottonelle. Heck even the Shout+Sam's Club membership looks good.
Today I was at a WalMart for other reason. I went to check the shelf for the Cottonelle stuff. They only have 12 pks and one lone wipe in a plastic box - the cheapest variety.

Could you tell me what exact combo you could buy to get the 2K pts? As I would be passing another WM (a super center in this case) on Friday and may take the opportunity to check it out.

UA miles would be the best value for all MyPoints redemption in our situation. Though I have not seen my miles redeemed 2 weeks ago.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
I have only seen one size of the wipes. In a plastic case, a bluish color shrink wrapped. You can buy any size of the TP. The offer does not stipulate a minimum size. I bought the smallest size and received my points within 24 hours.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by balima
I have only seen one size of the wipes. In a plastic case, a bluish color shrink wrapped. You can buy any size of the TP. The offer does not stipulate a minimum size. I bought the smallest size and received my points within 24 hours.
Did you send in your receipt image with email? Or used fax?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
If you are looking at the new offer, there are e-mail redemption instructions included. I suggest going with the e-mail process. Many people had problems faxing in the prior offers and ended up e-mailing Member Services anyway and having the points posted that way. I e-mailed most of mine after I gave up on the faxing.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:28 pm

My math was off a bit. Those 10,000 miles were worth 5.8 cents per mile. Though I failed to convert that to MyPoints. Given that MyPoints convert to MileagePlus miles at a 2.02 to 1 ratio. The MyPoints are worth 2.87 cents per point when used for this type of redemption and ticket purchase. So being able to "buy" the MyPionts for .4 cents per point is a bargain.

At that rate, my $580 ticket would end up costing only $40 in product purchases.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Happy
I used email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.