Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Does QR usually do ex-Asia sales around this time of year? I checked the archives but didn't see anything particularly notable
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Paul Coles
When I check google flights the cheapest I see AMS-DOH-BKK on Qatar is 1800 euros?
Sorry, AMS is BA.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:06 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by armouredant
Sorry, AMS is BA.
Unfortunately BA uses a poor product on that route and the return isn't a good time either.

For the same price can do AMS - LHR - HKG (BA A380) - BKK (CX) rtn which is tempting.. especially with one long flight and a short (or two) rather than Doha chopping it in half.. but it's still BA :s
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Paul Coles
Unfortunately BA uses a poor product on that route and the return isn't a good time either.

For the same price can do AMS - LHR - HKG (BA A380) - BKK (CX) rtn which is tempting.. especially with one long flight and a short (or two) rather than Doha chopping it in half.. but it's still BA :s
Some people might require this to get the 4 flights on BA metal required for BA Saphire and above.

An alternative is to book the LHR-DOH flights on QR metal but BA flight number (7008 and so on IIRC) as QR and BA have a code share on that route.

Using this method a trip from continental Europe to Asia could earn you enough TP's and BA flights to get to oneworld Saphire while doing all long haul flights on QR and having access to QR's premium lounge in LHR and DOH.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
Does QR usually do ex-Asia sales around this time of year? I checked the archives but didn't see anything particularly notable
Even if it did (which I would looove), this year is very different, so I'm not sure how much we can extrapolate from past years. The two big differences, of course, are the boycott and that QR promotions seem to be being decided and managed by QR management in the originating country as opposed to past years, when I believe that they seemed to be managed centrally from Doha.

One possible promotion in the future that I think will happen (N.B., PURE speculation, I have no knowledge) is a global sale when the boycott ends.

And it will end. I think that the group of five is starting to realize that Qatar can survive whatever economic pressure they try to put on it, and they may even be starting to think about a diplomatic way to back down without losing too much face.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Aug 20, 2017 at 1:06 am
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:58 pm
R2

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
One possible promotion in the future that I think will happen (N.B., PURE speculation, I have no knowledge) is a global sale when the boycott ends.
+1. I expect there to be to a big 'We're back in business' promotion when the boycott ends.

There are some semi-decent fares ex-Philippines now e.g CRK-PRG USD1860. However, these are nowhere near what they offered in the last global sale when many European cities where as low as USD1500 ex-MNL.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH

And it will end. I think that the group of five is starting to realize that Qatar can survive whatever economic pressure they try to put on it, and may even be starting to think about a diplomatic way to back down without losing too much face.
+1 too.
It has to end and it will. I am sure the other states most notably Saudi Arabia have realized that the consequences are not as huge as they hoped.
When will it end? Nobody knows. I think it won't be too soon, so maybe a few more months. Then again, the boycott and the electronics ban were implemented quite quickly and the electronics ban was also sorted quite unexpectedly. Maybe the boycott will be resolved quickly as well without any prior announcements.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by endet
Some people might require this to get the 4 flights on BA metal required for BA Saphire and above.

An alternative is to book the LHR-DOH flights on QR metal but BA flight number (7008 and so on IIRC) as QR and BA have a code share on that route.
Beware, BA 700x are not allowed in the way you propose, either on AMS-LHR-DOH-BKK or LHR-DOH-BKK

Rules
Search: Departing AMS on 11/02/17 for BKK
Fare basis code IJR7R1RE
Flying QR
Routing via Eastern Hemisphere

SPECIFIED ROUTE: 7140
AMS(BA)LON(QR/BA)DOH-BKK
AMS-DOH-BKK
AND
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST BE ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY 3K FLIGHT OPERATED BY 3K
ANY 8M FLIGHT OPERATED BY 8M
ANY HO FLIGHT OPERATED BY HO
ANY AI FLIGHT OPERATED BY AI
ANY BA FLIGHT OPERATED BY BA
ANY BA FLIGHT OPERATED BY MN
ANY BA FLIGHT OPERATED BY EZ

ANY BI FLIGHT OPERATED BY BI
ANY CX FLIGHT OPERATED BY CX
For AMS-BKK only BA metal on LHR-DOH, not QR. The fare that allows this routing is much higher than either QR routed AMS-DOH-BKK or BA INCEU60 2390 vs 1991 vs 1430, respectively.

This would nonetheless, achieve endet's goal of 4 BA flights.

Using this method a trip from continental Europe to Asia could earn you enough TP's and BA flights to get to oneworld Saphire while doing all long haul flights on QR and having access to QR's premium lounge in LHR and DOH.
This is clever!
Which reminded me of a search I ran a while back for a positioning flight to SGN. You can get all BA codes for ex-EU to SGN on QR metal via LHR.

For example LIN-LHR-DOH-SGN all on BA codes/QR metal RT earns 39K avios and 640 TPs for GCH for 1830 EUR

as opposed to MXP-DOH-SGN on QR RT 16K Avios and 560TPs for 2075 EUR.

Kept digging, and so far I found this BA code on QR metal hack works for the following destinations:

SE Asia
SGN / HAN / PNH / KBV / DPS

Indian Subcontinent
KHI / ISB / LHE / SKT /CMB / DAC (others in Pakistan likely)

Oman SLL

Happy travels!
endet likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: Qmiles
I received this message yesterday but just saw it now !
It seems we gonna have a deal today but don't have any further information

Booking a Qatar Airways flight using your mobile is about to get even more rewarding.

A great offer is on its way to you tomorrow 21 August 2017, you’ll have a chance to win an amazing prize.

Stay tuned for more details.

Download the Qatar Airways app here and take control of your flight details. You can now search for all the latest special offers, book your flights, or check-in on the go with your mobile. Everything you need for seamless travel is now at your fingertips.

We look forward to welcoming you on board.
Qatar Airways

Do someone received it too ?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by bambooshoot
I received this message yesterday but just saw it now !
It seems we gonna have a deal today but don't have any further information

Booking a Qatar Airways flight using your mobile is about to get even more rewarding.

A great offer is on its way to you tomorrow 21 August 2017, you’ll have a chance to win an amazing prize.

Stay tuned for more details.

Download the Qatar Airways app here and take control of your flight details. You can now search for all the latest special offers, book your flights, or check-in on the go with your mobile. Everything you need for seamless travel is now at your fingertips.

We look forward to welcoming you on board.
Qatar Airways

Do someone received it too ?
Yes, received the same message with no follow-up...
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Just checked the website. A real yawner. If you book over the mobile app today, you COULD win 250,000 QMiles. Really NOT much of an offer IMHO
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Just checked the website. A real yawner. If you book over the mobile app today, you COULD win 250,000 QMiles. Really NOT much of an offer IMHO
I had a feeling it was going to be something like that. Not exactly very exciting
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by minz56
I had a feeling it was going to be something like that. Not exactly very exciting
Yeah, came up on the homepage before I logged in. I think the Ts & Cs say it's for people domiciled in Qatar - so a fairly small target audience.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: Qmiles
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Yeah, came up on the homepage before I logged in. I think the Ts & Cs say it's for people domiciled in Qatar - so a fairly small target audience.
Yeah Just check the terms & conditions, it's only valid for Qatari resident

I was looking for some qpoint or qmiles bonus for a J booking...
Doesn't know if I should wait and risk to pay more ....
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by R2
+1. I expect there to be to a big 'We're back in business' promotion when the boycott ends.

There are some semi-decent fares ex-Philippines now e.g CRK-PRG USD1860. However, these are nowhere near what they offered in the last global sale when many European cities where as low as USD1500 ex-MNL.
USD1740 BKK-PRG also in October.

Hopefully we can do a little better soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.