Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Today I booked a C flight FRA-SGN rt. for me and my wife on the last day of the recent promos (multiple Qmiles and partner discount). I managed to get promo business (R-class) fares for 3.948,-- Euros for the 2 tickets. This included the 5% discount for partner bookings. I also tried to use the "mystery code" but it didn't change the price.

Whilst this price is nothing to write home about the Qmiles multiples made it acceptable. My wife with no status will receive 5x and myself as a Plat 3x. With my Plat bonus this adds up to 144.000 Qmiles which is quite nice.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
What a dreadful sale that was.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
What a dreadful sale that was.
Totally agree.

Apart from the travel festival in Jan, the sales this year have been pretty poor. I thought there would be some bargains considering the situation there but it seems to have had the opposite effect.

Maybe they are changing strategy - instead of trying to fill the J cabin with knock down prices they sell higher fares and accept some seats will be empty?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Maybe they are changing strategy - instead of trying to fill the J cabin with knock down prices they sell higher fares and accept some seats will be empty?
Stop talking like this, you're scaring the children...
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Stop talking like this, you're scaring the children...
Not just them, this is more or less my worst nightmare
synd likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:00 pm

Sorry guys won't mention it again.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Best-case scenario is another sale in the coming months. The current sale fares certainly weren't great. On some routes other OW carriers were cheaper with more comfortable routings than QR.

Worst-case scenario is that this sale reflects reality from here on out and that we will no longer be spoiled with lavish sales.

Somewhere in between: They have a cool off period and wait for most people to look elsewhere in order to keep the number of people scoring bargains like the
Sake fare remains limited.

On my BRU-DOH half of the J cabin (some of whom traveled hundreds of miles to get to BRU in the first place) continued onwards to NRT/HND. Can't be too profitable constantly having full cabins at bargain prices.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
QR seems to be sticking it even more to people that are purchasing tickets that originate out of DOH. In some cases, the basic fares are about 300 dollars more than the same time last year. I guess when there is no competition out of the UAE and KLM and Lufthansa pull out of the market, QR sets its pricing to 'squeeze' :/
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by makrom
Not just them, this is more or less my worst nightmare
+1
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:46 am

Sale extended for 2 more days. Must've gone well then .
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:17 am

Sale extended for 2 more days. Must've gone well then .
"Sale"
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by makrom
"Sale"
If QR want to continue with this silly game, I'll be quite happy to look for another long-haul One World carrier next year, or maybe just revert to Star.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Can you please have that discussion elsewhere? A lot of people have active email subscriptions for this thread. Thank you!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Can you please have that discussion elsewhere? A lot of people have active email subscriptions for this thread. Thank you!
msm2000k -- I feel this way too. I wonder if we could have a "sale info only" and discussions in a separate thread
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
msm2000k -- I feel this way too. I wonder if we could have a "sale info only" and discussions in a separate thread
Sure thing ^

I'll set up later today.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.