Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:19 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by SCSA
Re Matrix, QR site, etc. I've been looking at HEL-HND return. Matrix only shows this if you specifically search for one or more stops. Google Flight pulls it up automatically. Interestingly enough, if you go to the QR site you can also get HEL-ARN-DOH-HND for just a few £ more, which is basically 40 "free" TPs each way.
ITA Matrix and QR aren't friends, and it is quite common for ITA to bring up an error when showing QR prices - or simply showing ghost fare class availability.

Google Flights, despite now owning ITA, is better (as you have pointed out), albeit it's not perfect.

M
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
No gain without pain. This is precisely what I do when investigating my QR options.

How do you think people unearth the bargain fares that are posted on the FT's Premium Fare Deals forum?
+1. Flyertalk explore and share = yes! Spoon-feeding = no!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Helsinki-Chiangmai fares disappeared overnight

Last night Google Flights and Qatar's own website were showing HEL-CNX rtn for about £1470 or £1345 if returning from BKK. Great fares, and amazing to be able to get to Chiangmai so painlessly! However getting the 4 times weekly Chiangmai flights to mesh with the appropriate daily/double daily Helsinki flights and my timetable required a bit of juggling, so I left it last night, to resume this morning.

Now both Qatar and Google are showing zero options on Qatar between Helsinki and Chiangmai for anywhere around my outbound date in February, although flights from other European cities to Chiangmai are still available.

I tried pricing up my (finally sorted out) itinerary as 4 separate sectors but that produced a price in excess of €4,000

Does anyone know if this is just a temporary glitch, or has the door been slammed on a great deal to Chiangmai?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
Does anyone know if this is just a temporary glitch, or has the door been slammed on a great deal to Chiangmai?
I think that was the end of the sale period for these fares (I was watching a £1,200 VCE-BKK return for Christmas, it's gone now too ).
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Originally Posted by armouredant
I think that was the end of the sale period for these fares (I was watching a £1,200 VCE-BKK return for Christmas, it's gone now too ).
The 48 hour sale is due to end tonight, and I can see that HEL-BKK is still on sale. The reason that it's more likely to be a glitch is that no fares at all are currently showing for HEL-CNX, I've tried various dates which were working last night (and for which I know connections exist) but only get the following less than helpful message:"Unable to find flights for the selected date. Please select a different date and search again. (NSP101)"
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
+1. Flyertalk explore and share = yes! Spoon-feeding = no!
I wasn't complaining about having to do research. I just mentioned that it is not useful or even misleading to email an offer page which does not contain the offers.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:17 am
44C

Programs: AA EXP (OW EME), Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by armouredant
Still available for other dates:

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0&...VCE1QR125;sc=b
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by 44C
Still available for other dates:
😩
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
I hope something bigger is coming up because this is just pathetic as a sale. Only Y class fares and no good deals either..

Night'sale' ex Indo
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, QR Gold
Anyone got any inside word about a Global Sale? last year it was in August, i wonder if we will see another one this year?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Last year it was early September; we'll have to wait a few days.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by florin
But this year is very different, of course. I wouldn't necessarily base expectations for this year on how it went past years.
Abyssin likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Maybe a nice fare to Canberra as QR starts flying there as of March '18 (Just seen an ad for it on the French QR site)...
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by florin
It was today last year that the Travel Festival started...

http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/08...e-rolling-out/

QR sales have been surprisingly weak the last few months considering the situation, so not getting my hopes up.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:13 am

I received QR's offer email today with some good (not best) offers. TXL to KUL for 1,384 Euros in C.
FRA-WDH for 1,429 Euros in C

Offer ends at 07.09.2017.

http://www.qatarairways.com/de/de/sp...cid=EMDE560030

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.