Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:43 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Through checking luggage on connecting tickets

I flew from Doha to Dubai with QR, connecting on to a flight from Dubai to Colombo with Sri Lankan airlines. At check-in (zone 3 at Doha, since I am OW Emerald) I was told that since I was on two separate tickets it is now QR policy not to through check luggage. So I had to go through immigration at Dubai, collect luggage and re-check.

Is this really QR official policy? I can understand imposing some limitations on this, but refusing to through check luggage to OneWorld partner airlines seems weird! The guy at check-in really didn't seem to care and just had a 'computer says no' attitude. Another chap came over and explained that through checking bags has cost implications to Qatar if they miss the connection, hence the reason they won't do it now.

If there is any way to achieve this, other than buying flights all on one ticket (which is not always possible), please let me know!

QR seems to market itself as a full service 5* airline, but then seems to lower itself to match the policies of low-cost/budget airlines in key parts of the customer experience!

Also, why are OneWorld Sapphire and Emerald customers not allowed to use the Business/First class check-in area when travelling in Economy? I thought this was standard OneWorld policy?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:00 pm

Is it normal for the bulkhead seats to be booked 9 months in advanced or are they blacked out by Qatar automatically? Flying from YUL to DOH on 777-300ER..
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by etihad999
Is it normal for the bulkhead seats to be booked 9 months in advanced or are they blacked out by Qatar automatically? Flying from YUL to DOH on 777-300ER..
They're blocked by QR because they're bassinet seats.

Normally allocated at airport check-in though some FTers on here have reported they're sometimes selectable when online check-in opens.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by impeymac
They're blocked by QR because they're bassinet seats.

Normally allocated at airport check-in though some FTers on here have reported they're sometimes selectable when online check-in opens.
Thanks, also asked my agent and he requested QR and booked those seats for me.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, BA Gold
Do QR have any sort of 'Well Done' feedback forms a la BA? I had two absolutely outstanding crews over the weekend and I'd like to let them know that!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by lb2112
Do QR have any sort of 'Well Done' feedback forms a la BA? I had two absolutely outstanding crews over the weekend and I'd like to let them know that!
Yes, but it's somewhat hidden: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/tell-us.page

Choose "Customer Care", from then on it should be self-explanatory.

The feedback gets read and will be answered (even if only positive comments), so it seems to work and reach the crew.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Upgrading with QMiles, but earning on AA?

OK, i'm new to flying QR.

I have 60,000+ Thankyou points that i'm thinking about transferring to QMiles to use on an upgrade on IAH-DOH flight.

However, I want to earn the miles for the flight on my AA account (I know it'll only be miles for the economy fair).

My question is... if I upgrade with QMiles, will that lock my Qmiles account to the reservation, or can I remove the QMiles account number and put my AA one back on there once the upgrade is confirmed?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
First Time QR flyer, BA Silver

Hi all
I am flying LHR-CMB in December (In Economy) and have a couple of first time QR flyer questions:
As a BA Silver what lounges can I access at LHR T4 and Doha (change of planes)
How do I choose my seat (for free)?
Do I earn TP's as LHR- DOH and DOH - CMB (and vice versa)
Many thanks in advance
J69
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by johnnie69
Hi all
I am flying LHR-CMB in December (In Economy) and have a couple of first time QR flyer questions:
As a BA Silver what lounges can I access at LHR T4 and Doha (change of planes)
How do I choose my seat (for free)?
Do I earn TP's as LHR- DOH and DOH - CMB (and vice versa)
Many thanks in advance
J69
Welcome J69

As per OW website for Sapphire members (Silver)
"Skyteam Lounge
Location details: Terminal 4, opposite Gate 10
Opening hours: Daily: 05:00-22:30
Notes: Emerald and Sapphire customers traveling on Qatar Airways
Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Qatar Airways
In DOH..
Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge
Location details: Main Terminal, 2nd floor
Opening hours: Daily: 24 hours
Notes: This lounge is available for Emerald and Sapphire customers and their guests traveling in Economy Class cabins on Qatar Airways and other oneworld members flights.

Earning TPs and Avois ..
Depends on your booking class

Hope this helps..
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
[QUOTE=Flyiboy;25179375]Welcome J69

As per OW website for Sapphire members (Silver)
"Skyteam Lounge
Location details: Terminal 4, opposite Gate 10
Opening hours: Daily: 05:00-22:30
Notes: Emerald and Sapphire customers traveling on Qatar Airways
Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Qatar Airways
In DOH..
Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge
Location details: Main Terminal, 2nd floor
Opening hours: Daily: 24 hours
Notes: This lounge is available for Emerald and Sapphire customers and their guests traveling in Economy Class cabins on Qatar Airways and other oneworld members flights.

Earning TPs and Avois ..
Depends on your booking class

Hope this helps
Cheers for the advice
J69
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:24 am

Is the sky team lounge any good? I'm sure the Qatar lounge is better but I'm quite liking the fact the sky team lounge has a stretch area!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wavery83
Is the sky team lounge any good? I'm sure the Qatar lounge is better but I'm quite liking the fact the sky team lounge has a stretch area!
It's a while since I was in there, but I always thought it was a perfectly decent place to spend a couple of hours. I found upstairs to be quieter than downstairs, the access stairs are behind you as you face reception & seemed to be missed by the majority of users.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by impeymac
It's a while since I was in there, but I always thought it was a perfectly decent place to spend a couple of hours. I found upstairs to be quieter than downstairs, the access stairs are behind you as you face reception & seemed to be missed by the majority of users.
Below is a (rather poor) video of the lounge. It serves a number of other airlines, too.
I liked the ambiance, although last time I was there, late afternoon, it was FAR less busy than in the video.

Last edited by zat_dude; Jul 28, 2015 at 2:41 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:39 am

Hey!i'm very new to this forum, so apologies if gonna ask "stupid questions"..8)

i am a silver QA member, and planning to get my gold status by the end of this year. In November i'm going to fly MLE-DOH-CPH and tickets will be bought by the company, obv in economy class. But i would like to upgrade to business. I have about 30k miles which allows me to upgrade any one of the legs and another i would try to upgrade by cash (ifpossible). Any thought, suggestions, advice..?

Thank you!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:29 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Hi guys, first post and I hope to learn more from all of you at FT.

I have points in the MH Enrich program, BA (Avios?) and Qatar Airways. Can I convert the MH and BA miles to the Qatar Airways system?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.