Wiki Posts
Search

PV speaks out on Phil's case

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

PV speaks out on Phil's case

I believe this deserves a thread of its own.

BB/PV got it wrong again
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:29 pm

What a load of xxxxx. The only thing correct in the entire blog is the fact that Phil had a BP. The rest is a complete fabrication. Gotta love how they leave it all out there so that anyone who doesn't actually check will have no idea of the outcome of the trial or check the videos and recordings to hear for themselves what really happened. I cannot believe they continue to get away with posting outright lies on that blog. At least the first two comments, which will probably be deleted, take them to task.

Last edited by Mimi111; Jan 28, 2011 at 8:25 pm
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:23 pm

When I was a child, I believed that only foreign governments published propaganda.

The TSA blogs proves that this was only a childish belief.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:24 pm

I listened to every bit of testimony in that case -- I don't see how it is possible for anyone could come to the conclusions in that blog. Nevermind that the verdicts do not even get a passing mention.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA PE, FL A+Elite, X-DL Silver, X-AA Gold, HH Diam, Marriott Silv
On the plus side, this may actually get it more national exposure, hopefully by reporters who review evidence and other accounts first.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
It's disturbing to read this on an official government-sponsored blog, and I'm not referring to the extraordinarily poor topic sentence:

A recent case - New Mexico v. Phillip Mocek - is making the news recently.

How long was the jury out again? An hour or so? Perhaps the blogger is missing the verdict recently.

Last edited by Fredd; Jan 28, 2011 at 8:58 pm
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:56 pm

A recent case - New Mexico v. Phillip Mocek - is making the news recently. The case stemmed from Mr. Mocek’s failure to cooperate with the instructions of Albuquerque police officers at the Albuquerque International Sunport Airport after interactions he had with TSA transportation security officers....
They reference the case and talk about charges against him but make no mention of the fact that he was found completely innocent of all charges.

Libel - a false and malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming a living person
Am I crazy or does that fit the textbook definition of libel?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:24 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
At best, the post by Bob is exceptional disingenuous.

The fact the defense did not call a single witness and the jury returned with "not guilty" verdicts in about an hour is a complete repudiation of the prosecution's case and the testimony of the ABQ cop and the TSO supervisor.

Of course, we can all forget hoping that Bob will quote the testifying TSO supervisor who said (paraphrase) "I don't know why we check ID. I just do what I am told."

(But, dang, I might pay good money to see that quote appear on the TSA blog.)
Old Jan 29, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver
This is borderline libelous. I think Phil might want to mention that to Bob.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 9:32 am

That is THE most disingenuous spin I've ever seen. Either that or I need to get treatment for this vertigo ASAP.

~~ Irish
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
And, like clockwork, TSORon shows up in the comments of that post to tell everyone that Bob is the only one telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and that leaving out the fact that Phil was acquitted is irrelevant.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhoenixRev
At best, the post by Bob is exceptional disingenuous.

The fact the defense did not call a single witness and the jury returned with "not guilty" verdicts in about an hour is a complete repudiation of the prosecution's case and the testimony of the ABQ cop and the TSO supervisor.

Of course, we can all forget hoping that Bob will quote the testifying TSO supervisor who said (paraphrase) "I don't know why we check ID. I just do what I am told."

(But, dang, I might pay good money to see that quote appear on the TSA blog.)
For the life of me, I am still trying to figure out a reason why the TSA would even post something like this. In my 35 years of government service, I do not recall a single instance in which any government agency published something like this after a court case had been decided against them.

Can anyone help me figure out the motivation behind this? I'm baffled.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by PhoenixRev
And, like clockwork, TSORon shows up in the comments of that post to tell everyone that Bob is the only one telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and that leaving out the fact that Phil was acquitted is irrelevant.
No Rev, that’s not what I said, please rephrase.

What I did say was:
The difference between a lie and the truth is that one is false and the other is not. Nothing Bob said about the situation with Mr. Mocek was inaccurate, and therefore not a lie. Its time for folks to recognize the difference between what they wish to believe and the facts.
I also said:

Al, it is intellectually dishonest to allude that being found “not guilty” is the same as being innocent. We both know better.
We both know I was and am correct, but I don’t expect you to admit it.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: UA PE, FL A+Elite, X-DL Silver, X-AA Gold, HH Diam, Marriott Silv
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
For the life of me, I am still trying to figure out a reason why the TSA would even post something like this. In my 35 years of government service, I do not recall a single instance in which any government agency published something like this after a court case had been decided against them.

Can anyone help me figure out the motivation behind this? I'm baffled.
I agree. It hadn't even been that publicized. It does make sense to clarify the rules in response because of some of the descriptions of the case but it is very poorly written.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: JAL, ANA
Originally Posted by TSORon
We both know I was and am correct, but I don’t expect you to admit it.
TSORon, I assume you are familiar with the concept of lying by omission?

One lies by omission when omitting an important fact, deliberately leaving another person with a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions.

To lie by omission is to remain silent and thereby withhold from someone else a vital piece (or pieces) of information. The silence is deceptive in that it gives a false impression to the person from whom the information was withheld. It subverts the truth; it is a way to manipulate someone into altering their behavior to suit the desire of the person who intentionally withheld the vital information; and, most importantly, it's a gross violation of another person's right of self-determination.

I believe that is the issue people are taking with Blogger Bob's post.

I'm more curious as to what BB means by thanking the local police for their support. Why one would want to waste police resources for charges which don't stick among a jury of one's peers is beyond me. Of course conspiracy theorists will likely point out that doing so would cause more people to conform to the TSA's requests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.