Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP "offers" upgrades via online auctions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP "offers" upgrades via online auctions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:14 pm

TAP honored our bid for a flight back to New York. Our experience in business was very good.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Flew LIS-BOS in biz via the PlusGrade system - reissued ticket in P. Original booking was L so technically should be 50% PQM credit to UA. Five weeks later and two requests via UA and still nothing. Has anyone had luck getting their original fare class honored if re-ticketed in P?? Not a huge deal but 1500 and change could be meaningful end of the year.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:47 am

Just had my bid come through for a weekend flight. JFK - LIS. Hopefully the new 330 lie-flat. Min was 350 EUR. Travelling with family so split into two reservations and bid 360 for the mrs and 350 for the two of us. All upgraded. Don't mind the higher starting bid since the economy restricted fare was pretty good.
How long does it take from an upgrade going through to seeing it reflect on flytap.com?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA, BA, DL, SPG and Marriott
is it still alive?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 91lsc
is it still alive?
Yes it's still alive but has become useless. I upgraded a MUC-LIS for €105 but my ticket was reissued from M to P meaning, since I credit to A3, that I got only 50% miles credited instead of the original 100%. I won't be doing that again.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: Miles & More FTL
Out of curiosity, is the minimum amount you can bid the same for everyone or can it be higher if you initially bought a cheap ticket?

I booked a "discount" BRU-LIS ticket and I am quite surprised to see that the minimum bid is 130 €, which seems pretty steep for such a short flight. Especially compared to LH where bidding starts at 60 €. Are intra-Europe upgrades always that expensive with TAP?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Anderson24
Out of curiosity, is the minimum amount you can bid the same for everyone or can it be higher if you initially bought a cheap ticket?

I booked a "discount" BRU-LIS ticket and I am quite surprised to see that the minimum bid is 130 €, which seems pretty steep for such a short flight. Especially compared to LH where bidding starts at 60 €. Are intra-Europe upgrades always that expensive with TAP?
In my experience - yes, for intra-EU they're expensive and not worth the €€
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Palal
Exactly - particularly if your journey is sprinkled with STAR gold-dust.

The marketing team has a very odd idea of the value of travelling in TP business cabins within Europe.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: Skywards
Upgrade bid minimum is too high

Originally Posted by Palal
The Lisbon-Praia route is also expensive when bidding for upgrades: EUR 280 minimum for a 4 hour flight and the privilege of upgrading to a slightly less sh**y seat!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Time_Traveller
The Lisbon-Praia route is also expensive when bidding for upgrades: EUR 280 minimum for a 4 hour flight and the privilege of upgrading to a slightly less sh**y seat!
The seat is exactly the same - just a blocked middle.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
So the upgrade booking class is definately P ?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
How is the minimum bid determined by the system? I have BOS-LIS flights booked in a tap | Basic fare next month through a travel agent. When I look at the Plusgrade site, the minimum bid is EUR510, and the maximum is EUR1480.

I've seen lots of reports of folks with minimum bids in the 300-range. Not sure the upgrade is worth it at EUR510+, especially if there's a last minute plane swap on BOS-LIS, but at 300+ I'd be much more likely to consider it.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by TheAirman
If it´s the case, It´s worthless when you want to credit miles to M&M because if you fly in P, you dont get any single mile...
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:05 am

Flying BOS-LIS on UA Saver award in March. Plus grade says minimum bid is $620 but I don’t think it’s worth it given the fare right now is only $1400 for business class and only one seat has been booked.

Will they lower the minimum bid at all? I don’t really care THAT much but having a lie flat for an overnight would be nice if <$500 was the minimum bid.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by TheAirman
Does anyone have a recent data point on this?

Booking class P sounds strange to me, since it appears to be a (mostly) 50% earning economy booking class. In my experience, plusgrade typically books into a revenue C booking class (e.g., SK, LH), or the C award/upgrade booking class (AC), or the booking class remains the same (NH).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.