Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP "offers" upgrades via online auctions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP "offers" upgrades via online auctions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by smbk83
As mentioned by others in this thread, there are many factors at play (route type (ie business/leisure heavy), cabin load, etc).

It also depends on your budget and how much you are willing to pay for/value the upgrade (I also take into consideration how much I already paid for the original Y ticket). I always bid as low as possible (just 10-20 EUR or so above minimum bid) and accept Y if I do not get upgraded.

For reference, in May 2023, I flew BER-LIS-SSA. The LIS-SSA segment I got plusgrade bids from Y to C accepted for around 500 EUR. On the return leg, 430 EUR was enough to be upgraded. On both cases the bidding scale of plusgrade would go up to around 1500 EUR.
I also bid as low as possible. I do check my chances looking at actually available seats - if most are sold I can increase it. I’ve been successful with my bids.

The minimum ex-LIS to Brazil with Plusgrade has been indeed around 500 EUR. I’ve never used seatboost though.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:58 am

Programs: TP *S | FB Silver | LH
Originally Posted by TheRaiden94
Well yeah it makes sense. Last time I did GRU -> Lisbon it was around 320€.

Currently upgrading the same leg it's a 600€, I'm going to try to give them a calls and see how much they tell me.
If seats are still available (and you made no upgrade bids), you may get a fixed price upgrade offer during online checkin. Or request at the checkin desk/gate (there used to be a chart on TP's site which stated the gate upgrade prices for most destinations but cannot find it anymore).

Originally Posted by gsberlin
I also bid as low as possible. I do check my chances looking at actually available seats - if most are sold I can increase it. I’ve been successful with my bids.

The minimum ex-LIS to Brazil with Plusgrade has been indeed around 500 EUR. I’ve never used seatboost though.
TheRaiden94 - A ExpertFlyer subscription may be worth to check seat availability in C before attempting bids if you travel frequently.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 12:55 pm

Quick question for those that have bought an upgrade but belong to other SA loyalty schemes. Have you got economy or business miles? In the past, it used to be the latter, but I don't know what is happening now. Thank you!
Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:24 am

Programs: TP *S | FB Silver | LH
Originally Posted by Jamichi1
Quick question for those that have bought an upgrade but belong to other SA loyalty schemes. Have you got economy or business miles? In the past, it used to be the latter, but I don't know what is happening now. Thank you!
I believe TP credits them at fare code P. So it will vary between programs (ie TP’s P class earns 0 miles on LH, 125% on UA, 50% on A3 ).
tmac100 likes this.

Last edited by smbk83; Feb 19, 2024 at 1:34 am
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:31 am

With Seatboost, you are just buying the seat, I have never got credited for anything. If you do end up doing UpgradePlus you get full benefits
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
My two recent upgrades to Bus class with TAP, showed Class C as a booking class (on my boarding pass) with the TAP upgrade. Then TAP proceeded to send A3 different info. My Miles&Bonus showed booking class P - which resulted in 1/4 of the TPs and miles that I would have received on the cash upgrade.

FWIW I did my upgrade bids through Plusgrade. I note my upgraded booking class showed as C, but ...

I have lodged a complaint with TAP. It is still being assessed. If nothing positive (for me), then I will complain througl Portugal's "livro de reclamaçoes" system..

Seems lije TAP is now become "skinflinty" in assigning miles to other *A FFPs.
estrela likes this.

Last edited by tmac100; Mar 23, 2024 at 3:16 am
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:37 pm

I couldn't book a Business Class directly to my flight from FRANKFURT -> LIS, however I managed to do it via UpgradePlus for 10k miles. (A320 NEO)

Recently also did S.PAULO -> LIS for 280€ for Business Clas on the A330 NEO

Got both for the minimum price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.