Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP "offers" upgrades via online auctions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP "offers" upgrades via online auctions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by clifford79
Does anyone have a recent data point on this?

Booking class P sounds strange to me, since it appears to be a (mostly) 50% earning economy booking class. In my experience, plusgrade typically books into a revenue C booking class (e.g., SK, LH), or the C award/upgrade booking class (AC), or the booking class remains the same (NH).
I too would be curious to know whether Plusgrade upgrades on intra-Europe flights consistently book into P, or if that's changed more recently. I credit to Asiana, and 'P' unfortunately is a non-earning class

Also, are the minimum bid upgrade amounts fixed or do they vary over time? I know that some airlines (eg Virgin Australia) seem to very the bid levels over time...
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
No chance of a BID for us as our flight June 13 from YYZ to LIS is sold out in J. HA HA
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I got the upgrade BID offer today, YYZ to LIS min $480, Whats interesting is that the flight is zeroed out in Business. So this must just be a system generated BID not necessarily based on availability in the J cabin?
​​​​​​C0 D0 Z0 J0 P0 R0 Y9 B9 M9 S9 H9 Q9
V9 W9 A9 K9 L0 U0 E0 T0 O0 G0 N0
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did PDL-LIS about two weeks ago, booked in Y but got tons of emails offering to bid up (I think they were daily starting about a week before the flight). I wasn't interested on such a short flight so didn't pay much attention to the price but I seem to recall the minimum bid was wayyyy lower than what is being discussed here for intra-Europe bids.

Although maybe PDL and other Azores locations are different b/c they are technically domestic, even though it is a 2+ hour flight?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Pass
$530 bid (about $20 over min) for EWR-LIS denied this morning for a flight this evening. Only 1 seat left in business at this point. Any chance of getting an upgrade offer at the airport?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
I booked a flight ZRH-OPO a few weeks for a flight later in November and got an offer to make a bid for business with the minimum bid starting at EUR 100. Since the flight is on an E190, it seems a bit much for a meal.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
For my MUC-LIS flight the system is asking for a min bid of 120€. What planet are they living on? To get a meal in a slimline recaro seat?

Last year the minimum bid was far less, afair about 50-60€.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
I bid for upgrade on EWR-OPO-LGW itinerary (only EWR-OPO segment). Minimum bid was $470 and that is what I offered. I was upgraded at about the 24h, right before I checked in. My original fare was rather low, $180 for this OW. Cabin was about 60% full.

Right now I am not sure how and if this will credit to my UA Mileage Plus.

As a side note, the A320 had angled lie seats. A bid odd for me but not uncomfortable. It offered the rest I needed. Food was very good as well as the service. But I regretted having a 4h layover in OPO. Because my final destination was in the UK, I ended up spending this time in the tiny, desolate international section of Porto airport, with pretty much no services to speak of. Had I known, I would have gone through passport control and found the ANA lounge in the EU section.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL PM
I am assuming an accepted bid to upgrade to business class for JFK-LIS grants TAP lounge access in Lisbon? I have a connecting intra-Europe flight on TAP. Could somebody confirm?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by kamadzu4
I am assuming an accepted bid to upgrade to business class for JFK-LIS grants TAP lounge access in Lisbon? I have a connecting intra-Europe flight on TAP. Could somebody confirm?
Yes, you will get lounge access at LIS. However, beware that the lounge is located in the Schengen area of the airport. You should allow plenty of time for passport control because the lines at LIS are hardly predictable.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:26 am

LIS-YYZ got upgraded for 290 gbp. But in P class

My original ticket is just 180 GBP, but still feel a bit expensive for a non-flat seat. Also, my new booking class is now P, which is non-accredited class for UA and TK... will have to credit it in AC
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by KKXX
My original ticket is just 180 GBP, but still feel a bit expensive for a non-flat seat. Also, my new booking class is now P, which is non-accredited class for UA and TK... will have to credit it in AC
Do you really find it expensive to pay GBP 470 for a TATL in J? It may not be the best seat in the world but it sure beats any coach seat on any airline.
af fp and tff like this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by mmff
Yes, you will get lounge access at LIS. However, beware that the lounge is located in the Schengen area of the airport. You should allow plenty of time for passport control because the lines at LIS are hardly predictable.
Unfortunately, it did not matter as there was not much time and the line at LIS was outrageously long. In fact, passport control in LIS unintentionally ended up being a memorable part of the trip - between a random couple holding a baby and announcing "baby!" as they confidently cut in front of everyone in the long zig-zag line, and the passport officer never looking at me while deep in conversation with the officer sitting next to him and gesturing absentmindedly with my passport in-hand long after it had been stamped and ready to be released back to my possession. Insane!
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:58 am

Quick question and apreciate for the help.

I want to cancel my bidding and enter it again because I have a different credit card that I want to use, does anyone know once I cancel, will I able to bid again? Do they only offer this once?

Thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by catcathk
Quick question and apreciate for the help.

I want to cancel my bidding and enter it again because I have a different credit card that I want to use, does anyone know once I cancel, will I able to bid again? Do they only offer this once?

Thanks.
They want your money. So of course they will allow you to bid again.

The question should be - will they allow you to cancel the bid you have already made?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.