Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH 370 KUL-PEK Missing: 8 - 14 Mar 2014 UTC - ARCHIVE WEEK #1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 16, 2014, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is ARCHIVE WEEK #1 (8 - 14 March UTC) of older posts from the original thread, MH 370 KUL-PEK Missing: now Search and Recovery [PLEASE SEE WIKI].

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN LOCKED.
Print Wikipost

MH 370 KUL-PEK Missing: 8 - 14 Mar 2014 UTC - ARCHIVE WEEK #1

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Not speculation; but if it were good news we would have heard immediately.
At this point, there's a very very slim chance of hearing any good news. And I don't think finding the wreckage is considered good news as far as family members of that flight are concerned.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:14 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Not speculation; but if it were good news we would have heard immediately.
Methinks they're finally taking a right step from the PR perspective and letting friends/family know before the media do.

Does anyone have a live feed/stream by any chance?

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Why should they be given leeway - they were elected / nominated / installed in their current positions to do the job they were assigned? This is the exact kind of situation that they were installed to lead in. If they can't handle the spotlight they shouldn't be in the position in the first place. If nothing else the events so far have exposed their incompetence in holding those positions.

This is their job...
In case you missed it upthread, this is what Cmdr. William Marks, the spokesman for the United States Navy Seventh Fleet said in an interview with NYT yesterday:

"The country of Malaysia is in the lead. They’re the lead organization, and they’re doing a terrific job of organizing all this. It is a very difficult, very challenging puzzle that we’re trying to solve. It’s much, much more different and complex than other cases.
This is all coordinated by the Malaysian government. They coordinate both the water-space and the airspace management. I give them a lot of credit. They have done what I would call an exceptional job.
"

http://sinosphere.blogs.nytimes.com/...tw-share&_r=2&
jxd

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Any live TV coverage feed?
Astro awani website for live stream.

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-co...#ixzz2vlTybqOk
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: AA,CO, AS
Originally Posted by beowl
Fair enough

What is really puzzling here is this zero debris factor. I just can't remember any sea crash or midair disaster that left virtually no debris on the surface (or so little of it that no one can fish out a single piece for five days). I would still say this plane most likely crashed into water but there is considerable probability it ocurred on some totaly mysterious location.
Seem to remember Korean 007, shot down near Sakhalin Isl left little to no floating debris.
Checked it - see page 4. http://www.rescue007.org/words.htm
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by yannix
At this point, there's a very very slim chance of hearing any good news. And I don't think finding the wreckage is considered good news as far as family members of that flight are concerned.
No, clearly, that would not be good news. At some point, though, closure becomes important psychologically.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by CDG1
My thoughts are with the familes, relatives and friends of all those on board lost aircraft 9M-MRO.

This is mysterious and so terribly sad.

I hope the aircraft will be located - however long it might take - I hope it will be found.

Article with pictures:
A Look At Some Of The 239 People On Board The Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingia...-malaysia?bffb

thanks for the post.

Anyway i diasgree with the news blog above who posted the photos when SAR op. are still in process and nobody knows what happened to the MH370 flight. I don't know why but i did not appreciate this choice. Just a personal POV of course.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Just after midnight in KL so VERY strange time for a briefing with the brass. @:-)

Originally Posted by jxd
Astro awani website for live stream.

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-co...#ixzz2vlTybqOk
Thanks. Unfortunately their live news feed is not in English.

Programs: SK,BA,QF,AA, HH, IGH
Originally Posted by beowl
Fair enough

What is really puzzling here is this zero debris factor. I just can't remember any sea crash or midair disaster that left virtually no debris on the surface (or so little of it that no one can fish out a single piece for five days). I would still say this plane most likely crashed into water but there is considerable probability it ocurred on some totaly mysterious location.
That there has not been any debris found, leads me to agree with your statement, that it occurred in a mysterious location - certainly I would have expected something to have been found by now, if the aircraft had gone down close to it's last confirmed position.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
So it's been done before... (I honestly didn't know).

Why would people steal a plane ? I can think of several reasons.
um, i'm pretty sure MH370 wasn't stolen. the 727 was stolen from the tarmac with nobody on board. you can't just make 232 people disappear. also, ac registration & serial numbers would come up one way or the other, to say nothing of where they would hide a 777. it's not like stealing a car.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:28 am
jxd

Try http://live.tonton.com.my/livetv/#mh370coverage for live stream
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by jxd
Great, Thanks ^

Should Wiki this link
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by GaryD
Aren't these OMNI conspiracy theories?
Well, in 5 days we have run out of NIHIL (contrary of OMNI in Latin) explanations or findings...
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by sriegert
um, i'm pretty sure MH370 wasn't stolen. the 727 was stolen from the tarmac with nobody on board. you can't just make 232 people disappear. also, ac registration & serial numbers would come up one way or the other, to say nothing of where they would hide a 777. it's not like stealing a car.
I just hope you are right. Had I imagined on 9/10 what we saw the next day, I'd have been gently led to a psychiatric ward and heavily sedated...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.