Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:41 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Since Enterprise has the weekend specials for $9/day, I would assume these would count towards the 1,2,free promotion, am I right? Also how about elite status with national?
Yes as to Enterprise rentals counting towards National elite status.

As to 1-2-F, per the site, it looks like up to 3 Enterprise rentals can be used to generate 1-2-F points (i.e., 200 points per Enterprise rental, MAX 3 rentals=600 points=1 1-2-F day). So theoretically if you could find the $9/day rate and you did that 3 times, you could generate a 1-2-F day for about $30 which is a smoking deal.

Of course, Enterprise rentals still count towards normal Free days.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by aww3583
+1

I have a reservation for this Saturday, 9/14.

I made the reservation through my iPhone app about 2 weeks ago, prior to signing up for the One, Two, Free promotion today.

I'll wait 48 hours and check to see if this reservation posts to my 1-2-free dashboard. I should see the following points:

25 pts: Downloaded App
75 pts: Mobile reservation
100 pts: Weekend Rental

I'll update this post in 48 hours to see what happens.

Just an update...

I earned the points for the downloaded app without having to do anything. Already had the app installed for several weeks.

The mobile reservation and weekend rental points won't show up until the rental is completed.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:56 am

Do your enterprise reservations need to meet the 2 day minimum that National retals need to for this bonus credit?

If so it puts the enterprise free day at $54 plus tax, plus half of a regular free day. Still a very good deal!
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:23 am

The $9 weekend special requires a 2 day minimum keep, if I recall correctly, at least where I live. I'm not seeing the Enterprise 200 point bonuses in my 1-2 Free dashboard, so I don't know if a midsize or larger is required. The $9.99/day plus tax is for compacts, with a few dollars more for midsize and above.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Yes as to Enterprise rentals counting towards National elite status.

As to 1-2-F, per the site, it looks like up to 3 Enterprise rentals can be used to generate 1-2-F points (i.e., 200 points per Enterprise rental, MAX 3 rentals=600 points=1 1-2-F day). So theoretically if you could find the $9/day rate and you did that 3 times, you could generate a 1-2-F day for about $30 which is a smoking deal.

Of course, Enterprise rentals still count towards normal Free days.
What class of car does one need to rent from enterprise to get it to be part of the 1-2-f?
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:02 am
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Are we allowed to Conga line?

https://www.emeraldclubpromos.com/12Free/2013/
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:45 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Perhaps I did not read the Terms and Conditions carefully enough, but could you please direct me to where that verbiage is located?

I found this, however:
Do I receive credit for rentals completed with EnterpriseŽ?

You can receive ONE TWO FREE bonus points for an Enterprise home-city rental if you qualify for that bonus opportunity. If you qualify, the Enterprise home-city bonus opportunity will appear on your Bonus Opportunities page on the promotion website. Other Enterprise rentals, not considered home-city bonus opportunity rentals, are not qualifying ONE TWO FREE rentals and will not result in ONE TWO FREE points outside of the bonus opportunity, but will count as a program credit on your Emerald Club account if you use your Emerald Club number on the rental.
Perhaps I am incorrect, but this verbiage suggests to me that this bonus opportunity is targeted only to those Emerald Club members who “qualify.”
Old Sep 18, 2013, 1:16 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Perhaps I did not read the Terms and Conditions carefully enough, but could you please direct me to where that verbiage is located?

I found this, however:Perhaps I am incorrect, but this verbiage suggests to me that this bonus opportunity is targeted only to those Emerald Club members who “qualify.”
Yes - that appears to be true. In my 1-2-F dashboard, on the left side, there is a Bonus Opportunity entitled "Enterprise Local Rental." When I click on "Bonus Details" the following language appears:
Earn up to three EnterpriseŽ local rental bonuses for up to 600 bonus points. This is not a qualifying promotion rental, so be sure to use your Emerald Club number to receive your regular program credit.

Sounds like you aren't seeing the same? What is your status with National?
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:13 pm

So far I've earned 275 points, waiting for my actual rental to post for 300 points.

I wish I could get the last 25 points easily but all that's left for me is Emerald Reserve service and that requires another actual rental.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Yes - that appears to be true. In my 1-2-F dashboard, on the left side, there is a Bonus Opportunity entitled "Enterprise Local Rental." When I click on "Bonus Details" the following language appears:
Earn up to three EnterpriseŽ local rental bonuses for up to 600 bonus points. This is not a qualifying promotion rental, so be sure to use your Emerald Club number to receive your regular program credit.

Sounds like you aren't seeing the same? What is your status with National?
I currently have Executive status.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:08 am
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
There infographic is worthless.

Is a qualifying rental 1 day or 2 days?

In the past it was easy to understand- this year its Greek.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:38 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by alhcfp
There infographic is worthless.

Is a qualifying rental 1 day or 2 days?

In the past it was easy to understand- this year its Greek.
Two days for National (300 points+75 points mobile booking up to four times). It's in T&C.

Not sure about how many days needed for Enterprise 200 points though.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 1:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Originally Posted by cloudybw
Two days for National (300 points+75 points mobile booking up to four times). It's in T&C.

Not sure about how many days needed for Enterprise 200 points though.
Thanks

Can someone explain this:
YOU CAN ONLY EARN PROMOTION POINTS THROUGH ONE PROMOTION ON A SINGLE RENTAL. IF YOU ARE EARNING POINTS IN THE ONE TWO FREE PROMOTION FOR A RENTAL, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE POINTS OR CREDIT ASSOCIATED WITH ANY OTHER PROMOTION ON THAT RENTAL.

Does this mean that usual Emerald Club points are not awarded?
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Thanks

Can someone explain this:
YOU CAN ONLY EARN PROMOTION POINTS THROUGH ONE PROMOTION ON A SINGLE RENTAL. IF YOU ARE EARNING POINTS IN THE ONE TWO FREE PROMOTION FOR A RENTAL, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE POINTS OR CREDIT ASSOCIATED WITH ANY OTHER PROMOTION ON THAT RENTAL.

I don't have any special knowledge, but I would think the usual points or miles are not considered a "promotion".

Also, (1) past 12Free years both were earned and (2) there would be quite a firestorm if that were not the case this year- you would assume that would be spelled out in the promo terms.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

I'm told they are seperate, as in all previous years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.