Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:57 pm

Highly unlikely.. But I guess we will find out next week!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Highly unlikely.. But I guess we will find out next week!
I hope so I have 15 rentals coming up from Sept 18th till Nov 1st.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:43 am

Let us know
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I just went here and entered:
https://www.emeraldclubpromos.com/12Free/2013/

It signed me up when I signed in with my Emerald number and email address.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
How many points do you get with enterprise? And what's a home city rental?

Do I receive credit for rentals completed with EnterpriseŽ?
You can receive ONE TWO FREE bonus points for an Enterprise home-city rental if you qualify for that bonus opportunity. If you qualify, the Enterprise home-city bonus opportunity will appear on your Bonus Opportunities page on the promotion website. Other Enterprise rentals, not considered home-city bonus opportunity rentals, are not qualifying ONE TWO FREE rentals and will not result in ONE TWO FREE points outside of the bonus opportunity, but will count as a program credit on your Emerald Club account if you use your Emerald Club number on the rental.

Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
If you go to the above site, you can see the "bonus earning opportunities". In a nutshell It takes 600 points to get a free day. Each qualifying rental is 300 points so that stays the same. Here are the bonus opportunities:Mobile App Download 25pts, Mobile App Rental 75pts, Refer-A-Friend 300pts, Opt In: Virtual Credentials 50pts, Enterprise Local Rental 200pts, Drive Alliance Site Visit 25pts, Emerald Reserve Service25pts, Connect to Facebook 50pts.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:13 am

That means you now have to refer 2 friends to get a 1-2 Free day, whereas in the past it was one day received per successful referral.

Friend referrals are allowed up to 3,000 points. 3,000 pts / 600 pts to get a free day means a max of 5 referral days. Previously it had been 10.

There's a max of 3 days that can be redeemed consecutively. That hasn't changed.

The offer expires in mid-June. That's normal as well.

Last edited by Auto Enthusiast; Sep 6, 2013 at 11:22 am
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:56 am

This points business isn't explained as well as it could/ should be IMO..
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:55 pm

Somehow I'm guessing the points idea was copied indirectly from Hertz. What is confusing is that the general public may have been conditioned to think of points as related to spend, as in the case of Hertz, JetBlue, etc. The public may also be inclined to think that longer/larger things can be obtained with higher amounts of points, again as is true with Hertz and LCCs. But in this case the points are based on number of actions, as National's rewards system historically has been.

When I got a referral day in 2011, the limit was 1. Then it went to 10, and now to 5. Any referral day is certainly a good thing, especially greater than 1, since it's independent of how much you personally spend. But the downside to less than 7 is that it's not possible to do a cross country one-way by piecing together groups of 3 referral days. The one-way could still be done, but would also require some 1-2 Free days from paid rentals.

Also, referrals were considered successful if the new customer had a paid rental via Emerald Club. Now it says the new customer has to rent in 1-2 Free. In other words, a cheap one day weekend economy car used to suffice, but now your "friend" must rent a midsize or larger for 2 consecutive days.

Last edited by Auto Enthusiast; Sep 6, 2013 at 6:54 pm
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by KevinMD
If you go to the above site, you can see the "bonus earning opportunities". In a nutshell It takes 600 points to get a free day. Each qualifying rental is 300 points so that stays the same. Here are the bonus opportunities:Mobile App Download 25pts, Mobile App Rental 75pts, Refer-A-Friend 300pts, Opt In: Virtual Credentials 50pts, Enterprise Local Rental 200pts, Drive Alliance Site Visit 25pts, Emerald Reserve Service25pts, Connect to Facebook 50pts.

Where does it say each qualifying rental is 300 points?! And where does it say what a qualifying rental is?! I can't find anything about "bonus earning opportunities" other than refer a friend, download app, etc. but nothing about enterprise?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, JGC, Asiana Diamond, National EE
i used that link to sign up and as soon as i connect it to my facebook it recognize i am Canadian and sent me to another website instead. seems like 1-2-free isn't available to Canadian customer. they are call rent rent reward instead

Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:14 pm

Ted.. try the main page linked above, and see the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page.

Also, it says that credit from Enterprise rentals is limited to 3 rentals or 600 points. In other words, you can only get 1 free day from Enterprise rentals.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Ted.. try the main page linked above, and see the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page.

Also, it says that credit from Enterprise rentals is limited to 3 rentals or 600 points. In other words, you can only get 1 free day from Enterprise rentals.
Thanks - I was looking at the FAQ, and I still don't see where it talks about the Enterprise 3 rental limit - whoever wrote this stuff did an awful job explaining everything...
Old Sep 8, 2013, 12:44 pm

Anyone been able to make the Facebook connect work? Nothing seems to happen when I click

Never mind it worked when I tried another way
Old Sep 8, 2013, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
How many points do you get with enterprise? And what's a home city rental?
Do I receive credit for rentals completed with EnterpriseŽ?

I would guess it mean the city in which you live

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.