Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: Executive Elite
Just walk to the Executive Selection and grab anything from those aisles. No need to talk to anyone. Grab the keys and go.

Was there again Wed night. Grabbed a 2015 VW GTI with Wyoming plates. Tons of Challengers, Chargers in ES. Saw a Prius and I believe a Mini Paceman in ES as well. Convertible C7 Corvette was also there for upcharge.

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
* * * Newbie Alert * * *

Hi folks,

I just hit Emerald Executive a few days ago and have a few questions:

1. I often rent at LAX and normally pick from the Emerald Aisle. Now that I have Executive, do I just pick out any car in the Executive aisles?

2. Do I need to inform the lot staff before picking out a car from the Executive aisle?

I've seen them stock the regular Emerald aisle with a few Chargers and Challengers once or twice, but didn't want to chance it so I picked out the Camry Sport (not a bad car to be honest!)

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:29 am

We are renting for the 1st time with EA on Saturday the 15th. Coming in early so I am not sure what to expect in terms of cars. We would like an SUV/Van if possible since we are a party of 5. What is the likelihood of that?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by samandbrismom
We are renting for the 1st time with EA on Saturday the 15th. Coming in early so I am not sure what to expect in terms of cars. We would like an SUV/Van if possible since we are a party of 5. What is the likelihood of that?
It's 100% chance. There were no SUVs or minivans when I rented there two + weeks ago. If you need an SUV you should reserve an SUV.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
First time traveling to LAX. I am an Executive member and was interested in picking up something like a BMW or Infinity. Is this usually a selection in the Executive aisle? Also as an Executive member can u pick from any aisle?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by PointSeeker07
First time traveling to LAX. I am an Executive member and was interested in picking up something like a BMW or Infinity. Is this usually a selection in the Executive aisle? Also as an Executive member can u pick from any aisle?
I'd give it a 10% or less chance of finding a BMW or Infiniti on the exec aisle. Possible but not probable.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I'd give it a 10% or less chance of finding a BMW or Infiniti on the exec aisle. Possible but not probable.
Do you need a different type of membership level to get one of these from the aisle
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by PointSeeker07
Do you need a different type of membership level to get one of these from the aisle
Those are rarely on the aisle. By "rarely", I mean a fraction of a percentage of the time.

I paid $99 to upgrade to a BMW once on an SUV reservation that was $499/day. Best use of EC free days ever.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:17 am

Picked up a Toyota Avalon with 4500 miles from the EA on Friday night at 10pm. Seemed to be the best of the bunch, and we had 5 people so a challenger wouldn't work. There were a couple of SUV's as well but I didn't want to deal with the extra size.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:03 pm

I pick today around 11 am alot of SUV tahoes, Grand Cheeroke, Suburban in the executive aisle. The usually cars fusion, 300, impalas. I took a 2016 Ford explorer with 500 miles
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:48 pm

Thanks BigMango, a decent SUV selection on Executive then.

FYI for anyone that missed it, I noticed this in August eStatement email from National:

https://www.nationalcar.com/en_US/ca.../siriusxm.html

Soon you can enjoy SiriusXM Satellite Radio in most vehicles starting at our airport locations. Pricing is $5.99 per day, $24.99 per week, or $49.98 maximum for 30 days.

Get over 150 channels of satellite radio to enjoy no matter where you drive.

• All kinds of commercial-free music, so you can find whatever fits your mood.

• Every NFL, MLB® and NBA game, every NASCAR® race, NHL® games, the PGA TOUR®, 24/7 talk channels dedicated to the biggest leagues, college sports and much more.

• Exclusive entertainment, comedy and talk, including Howard Stern, TODAY Show Radio, Comedy Central Radio, Entertainment Weekly Radio and more.

• World-class news, political talk, local traffic and weather, kids’ programming and more.

• SiriusXM Latino — a collection of channels dedicated to Spanish-language programming.

Last edited by dirtnap101; Aug 12, 2015 at 4:19 pm
Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz Goldplus, Avis Preferred, SAS Eurobonus member, Flyingblue member, Hhonors Elite
Originally Posted by UKOK
It's 100% chance. There were no SUVs or minivans when I rented there two + weeks ago. If you need an SUV you should reserve an SUV.
I agree. I was there yesterday arriving at approx. 6pm. The emerald aisle had the usual selection, but the executive was a bit more empty than I have heard others speak of before. No SUVs. Only saw a few Camaros, a couple of Camrys and then only 1 Charger and 2challengers. Grabbed on of the better Challengers and did regret a bit not taking the charger first chance. As the boot and car in general lacks space for luggage. Otherwise its a nice car.

It really does seem like its a game of chance and how many costumers have come in from arrivals.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz President ś Circle , AF- KLM Flying Blue, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by dirtnap101
FYI for anyone that missed it, I noticed this in August eStatement email from National:

That's not something to be happy with !
SiriusXM allways was a free sound in your rental.
And now we have to pay for it.
NaTIONAL cAR
Old Aug 13, 2015, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dirtnap101
Thanks BigMango, a decent SUV selection on Executive then.

Soon you can enjoy SiriusXM Satellite Radio in most vehicles starting at our airport locations. Pricing is $5.99 per day, $24.99 per week, or $49.98 maximum for 30 days.

Get over 150 channels of satellite radio to enjoy no matter where you drive.

• All kinds of commercial-free music, so you can find whatever fits your mood.

• Every NFL, MLB® and NBA game, every NASCAR® race, NHL® games, the PGA TOUR®, 24/7 talk channels dedicated to the biggest leagues, college sports and much more.

• Exclusive entertainment, comedy and talk, including Howard Stern, TODAY Show Radio, Comedy Central Radio, Entertainment Weekly Radio and more.

• World-class news, political talk, local traffic and weather, kids’ programming and more.

• SiriusXM Latino — a collection of channels dedicated to Spanish-language programming.
How does this affect cars with still-working XM preview modes?

I guess another option if they change this (XM is actually very important to me), is sign up for the $10 monthly music-only subscription and just change the radio device ID associated to my account to whichever car I happen to be renting, plus I can listen online while at home. No way I'm giving National one red cent for XM service.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:23 pm

Sorry, didn't meant to hijack the thread's purpose. There is a thread dedicated to the XM topic here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...iusxm-fee.html
Old Aug 17, 2015, 10:25 pm

Just received Executive status through my company, is there any difference between the Executive Aisle and Executive Area at LAX. If so, what can one expect from the latter I've seen mostly posts on availability for the former.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.