Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: A3*G
I understand that Alamo and National are sharing the fleet at LAX. I have an upcoming full-size rental reservation with Alamo, and I would very much like to try and get a Dodge Charger.

I know that car models are not guaranteed, but am I right in saying that I am at least booking the correct class of car rental?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:51 pm

Yeah I think you are. I had a challenger last year at Lax and hated it. Heavy and thirsty. Charger is just 4 door version.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Are you referring to walking out the door and seeing a National shuttle pull away before you can run screaming to the pick up curb, then stand there for 30-40 minutes while 20-30 Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, etc buses drive by before you see another National/Alamo bus which is full by the time it gets to you at Terminal 4+ and drives by without even looking your way?

Yes.
Been here twice in last month. Literally waited 40 min (no exaggeration) for the shuttle to pick me up. I put them on blast on twitter and they gave me a free day, which was nice.

I've only once ever missed a flight and it is because of their shuttle. Definitely budget at least 45 min on your flight out of LAX, especially if you are flying Delta/AA domestic, which are the last terminals they drop people off at.

On that note, their EE aisle is also usually garbage. Ended up with a Camry and a Maxima. So many Ford Fusions and non-convertible Mustangs.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:30 am
Company Representative - National Car Rental

NationalCares

Originally Posted by jiaklormee
I understand that Alamo and National are sharing the fleet at LAX. I have an upcoming full-size rental reservation with Alamo, and I would very much like to try and get a Dodge Charger.

I know that car models are not guaranteed, but am I right in saying that I am at least booking the correct class of car rental?
Hello, jiaklormee! Examples of the full-size vehicles in our fleet include the Dodge Charger, as well as the Chevy Malibu, Ford Fusion and Nissan Altima. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We’ll see you soon. – Carol H.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by NYCRachel
Been here twice in last month. Literally waited 40 min (no exaggeration) for the shuttle to pick me up. I put them on blast on twitter and they gave me a free day, which was nice.

I've only once ever missed a flight and it is because of their shuttle. Definitely budget at least 45 min on your flight out of LAX, especially if you are flying Delta/AA domestic, which are the last terminals they drop people off at.

On that note, their EE aisle is also usually garbage. Ended up with a Camry and a Maxima. So many Ford Fusions and non-convertible Mustangs.
Huh ?

The EE aisle is where I have scored many really awesome rides:

Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with satnav, sunroof and < 1000 miles.

2016 Mustang Converitible with 2, yes 2 miles on it.

Camaro SS Convertible.

Caddilac ATX, XTS,SRX depending on the mood and the route.

When you do not like what you see, ask politely and you won't be disappointed.

I've never had a dull ride from National at LAX.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by ptownca
Huh ? The EE aisle is where I have scored many really awesome rides: ...
When you do not like what you see, ask politely and you won't be disappointed.

I've never had a dull ride from National at LAX.
I agree the shuttle situation is a disaster (especially if you come in on UA), but I also agree it is a great place to get awesome cars. I've driven a BMW, was upgraded to an Expedition on a minivan rental, even got a pickup truck once (first time I ever drove one).
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by Wadda
Yeah I think you are. I had a challenger last year at Lax and hated it. Heavy and thirsty. Charger is just 4 door version.
Originally Posted by NationalCares
Hello, jiaklormee! Examples of the full-size vehicles in our fleet include the Dodge Charger, as well as the Chevy Malibu, Ford Fusion and Nissan Altima. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We’ll see you soon. – Carol H.
Many thanks for the answers. Hope to have a good experience with my upcoming rental.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Are you referring to walking out the door and seeing a National shuttle pull away before you can run screaming to the pick up curb, then stand there for 30-40 minutes while 20-30 Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, etc buses drive by before you see another National/Alamo bus which is full by the time it gets to you at Terminal 4+ and drives by without even looking your way?

Yes.
Haha this is 100% accurate and exactly what I was referring to, although with me at Terminal 6 it's even more full, I've seen trains in India with less people on them.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Are folks still seeing Fusion Hybrids at this location? I'm a little frustrated in that I want to actually reserve a Hybrid, but the option never shows up on the booking page - yet I remember always seeing at least one or more on the Aisle.

I would prefer to reserve one, but if they are still plentiful on the Aisle, I will try and contact the location and see if they can just hold one for me.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: Executive Elite
Rented on Thursday night 4/13/17. Usually ES is littered with SUVs but they were all taken and given to Alamo for Coachella weekend. Just a heads up to those looking to get certain vehicles from the aisle during weekends with events near LA. Since I'm executive elite, I'm sure I could have gotten an SUV if I complained enough but I took a Ford Taurus instead
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: Executive Elite
Are folks still seeing Fusion Hybrids at this location? I'm a little frustrated in that I want to actually reserve a Hybrid, but the option never shows up on the booking page - yet I remember always seeing at least one or more on the Aisle.

I would prefer to reserve one, but if they are still plentiful on the Aisle, I will try and contact the location and see if they can just hold one for me.
I saw more than a handful of fusion hybrids in ES on 4/13. I'm headed there again this Thursday and expect to see the same.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wooward
I saw more than a handful of fusion hybrids in ES on 4/13. I'm headed there again this Thursday and expect to see the same.
Thank you

If anyone is passing through LAX over the next week, if you could ask for a manager's email and PM me - usually the only way to have a specific car set aside for a reservation when it won't show up online is to email a manager in advance.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by wooward
....but I took a Ford Taurus instead
I haven't seen a Taurus in the fleet for quite some time. It must have had a lot of miles on it.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
I haven't seen a Taurus in the fleet for quite some time. It must have had a lot of miles on it.

I've seen one recently that was a 2017 model.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:02 am

Picked up on Apr 18th for a 2.5 weeks trip. Had a mid-SUV reservation. The mid/standard SUV aisle was basically empty (not counting a bunch of Journeys that nobody seems to like). So I went to EA/ES and saw typical sedans plus Rouge SV, Cherokee Limited and Hyundai Santa Fe Sport in EA, couple of trucks, Traverse (I missed that) and one Edge AWD Titanium in ES. However new cars were arriving every minute so if I was not in a hurry I could have had a much bigger selection (when driving out I saw a Grand Cherokee Limited parked in SUV aisle).
Finally I took that fully loaded AWD Edge with 8k miles on it and was very happy with the drive apart of one small issue: mid trip I drove to a car wash and found water leaking into the cabin so the floor in the driver's row got wet. I reported this problem when I returned the car and they said they would check it out. I guess the car might have been repaired after an accident and they forgot about something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.