Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:46 pm

30000 Avios is back with the BA RBC Visa
15k upon sign-up and 15k after 5k spending in 2 months
not listed on RBC website, but the link from BAEC says so
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AMEX MR, Avios, Marriott, SPG, many more with negligible points
Originally Posted by WestAust
30000 Avios is back with the BA RBC Visa
15k upon sign-up and 15k after 5k spending in 2 months
not listed on RBC website, but the link from BAEC says so
That's a pretty high spend in a short time for 30k Avios, especially since the annual fee isn't waived. I'll probably pass on this one, but I can see how some people might go for it if they are desperate enough.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:24 pm

Application link for 30k BA: http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-c...tml?ASC=3AB001
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:37 pm

I applied to the Capital One Skymiles Gold card and got rejected. I read afterwards that they're pretty picky about not having applied to any cards in the last 3 months.

I tried calling them for reconsideration. I read that "CapitalOne doesn't like to empower their lower CS tiers", and the poster recommend trying the executive office. When I called the numbers suggested it led me to the American office. CapitalOne would then transfer me to a low level person in the Canadian office, who kept telling me to reapply in a couple of weeks.

Anyone have any luck getting reconsideration for Capital One in Canada? What number did you call/who did you email?

Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by nucleosidase
I applied to the Capital One Skymiles Gold card and got rejected. I read afterwards that they're pretty picky about not having applied to any cards in the last 3 months.

I tried calling them for reconsideration. I read that "CapitalOne doesn't like to empower their lower CS tiers", and the poster recommend trying the executive office. When I called the numbers suggested it led me to the American office. CapitalOne would then transfer me to a low level person in the Canadian office, who kept telling me to reapply in a couple of weeks.

Anyone have any luck getting reconsideration for Capital One in Canada? What number did you call/who did you email?

Thanks.
Capital One is horrible for applications. Wife was accepted for an IHG and even after she recieved the card they continued to ask her questions about her credit history, apps and which CC's she currently has....
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Go figure.....I got rejected a few weeks ago by Chase Canada for the Marriott visa due to too many apps in the last 3 months but got approved for the Cap One World Aspire a few days ago instantly.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
while we're on this topic about apps, does MBNA look at last 3 months like C1? or more relaxed?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Cerenity
while we're on this topic about apps, does MBNA look at last 3 months like C1? or more relaxed?
More relaxed. ^
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: *void
Way, WAYYY more RELAXED. Have applied for so many/several (shhhh) new MBNA cards in 18 months...plus throw in a mixture of concurrent apps for the various churns for Amex, CIBC, Chase and TD cards. Or, maybe I was just lucky with the draw.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
awesome. thanks!
C1 and Chase seem to be the main sticklers...
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: BA,Aeroplan,Delta, SPG, Marriot, IHG
Amex Canada offer
Get ready to shop Cardmembers! Shop & you can earn a $50 credit when you spend $200 @SHOPdotCA. T&C’s apply http://bit.ly/1ruXmP3
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by peacestar
Amex Canada offer
Get ready to shop Cardmembers! Shop & you can earn a $50 credit when you spend $200 @SHOPdotCA. T&C’s apply http://bit.ly/1ruXmP3
You might as well shop somewhere else and still save money
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AMEX MR, Avios, Marriott, SPG, many more with negligible points
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
You might as well shop somewhere else and still save money
Agreed. Avoid Shop.ca like the plague.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:09 am

Can we actually get good AMEX Sync offers? Blah.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by ibopm
Agreed. Avoid Shop.ca like the plague.
I finally found a decent deal on that website... it was ink cartridges for my printer... but any advantage to using shop.ca was lost when the Purolator guy drove away just as my wife got home, which meant a longass drive to the airport to get $30 worth of printer ink from the Purolator depot

The experience reminded me why I hate online shopping

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.