Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold and Virgin America for a few months
Originally Posted by worldexpress
Hmm.. 4K (silver) + 16K (gold) certainly is cheaper than the UC annual fees but quick scanning of Aegian T&C revealed a couple of things that might deter me from going that route.

Award redemption might be too much work and UA W, S, T, L, K and G fares only accrue 50%.
you really have to shop which flights you want to use for your A3 miles
Check the A3 forum for more info

SR
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:38 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
As an EXP on AA, which *A airlines will give comp status match? If none, then which airline will be the cheapest status match?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:53 am
uxb

*bump*

Most of the information in this thread is dated, so I figured I would add some updates.

Aeroflot
Although 29 February 2012 has passed, Aeroflot is still offering to match status on One World or Star Alliance carriers with this challenge. Alternatively, you can E-mail their customer service centre: [email protected].

Air Berlin
Air Berlin will match your status by E-mailing their customer service centre: [email protected].

American Airlines
American offers a status match and status challenge. To find out if you qualify for either, you must contact AAdvantage Customer Service. If you are offered a challenge instead of a match, then click on the following link to find out how to successfully complete the challenge.

FlyerGuide - Challenge (AA)

British Midland
Defunct. Delete.

Continental
Merged with United. Delete.

Delta
Delta offers status challenge. Visit the link below for more details:

SkyMiles Medallion Status Match Challenge

United
United offers status match and status challenge.

If you have never requested a status match on Continental or United, then E-mail: [email protected] with your request.

If it has been greater than five years since you last matched status on Continental and/or United, then you will be offered a challenge. Visit the link below for more details:

MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge

US Airways
US Airways offers two ways to buy your status. You can buy into their fast track status challenge, or you can buy your status outright.

For the status challenge, visit the following website:

Try Preferred Status

To purchase your status outright, visit the following website:

Buy Preferred Status
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just tried to use *A gold to match for S7 gold. Failed.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: A few
I am trying to get at least Star Alliance silver for an upcoming Air Canada/United trip to save on bag fees.

I have at my disposal:

AA Platinum
Delta Platinum
FlyingBlue Platinum

Any obscure and free matches available into *A? I already did a CO status match a couple of years ago. In theory I could open up another account and do the challenge for the purposes of this one trip
Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by uxb
Most of the information in this thread is dated, so I figured I would add some updates.
Airberlin will staus match?
I did a search in vain, any details?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:24 am
uxb

Originally Posted by Gamecock
Airberlin will staus match?
I did a search in vain, any details?
You just have to E-mail them a polite note with a request and reason why. I know this is done for Lufthansa members. I am not sure how successful non-LH members will be. Can't hurt to try.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by uxb
You just have to E-mail them a polite note with a request and reason why. I know this is done for Lufthansa members. I am not sure how successful non-LH members will be. Can't hurt to try.
Got it, thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:52 am

Took about a week for United to match my Delta Gold, no email notification though. I just logged into my account and noticed it had been changed
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
I'm Gold on UA (dropped from platinum). About to fly 30-40K miles in a 2-month span.

Seems like I can either retain my UA gold with that kind of mileage or get the equivalent on DL or AA. Any better offers out there?

Separate question is whether or not I should leave UA program for another over the coming year or two. DL is pretty handy in Seattle, even if bankrupt.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by leland
Separate question is whether or not I should leave UA program for another over the coming year or two. DL is pretty handy in Seattle, even if bankrupt.
Do you mean AA? They are the one in bankruptcy. DL is making $$.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Emailed UA a request on Monday, received a response three days later. I was expecting some type of challenge but UA (sort of) matched my EXP thru the end of 2012 (no minimum flying requirements) but only to Premier Platinum. The confirmation note claimed "...Premier Platinum is equivalent to the Executive Platinum status that you currently hold with American Airlines..."
Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Emailed UA a request on Monday, received a response three days later. I was expecting some type of challenge but UA (sort of) matched my EXP thru the end of 2012 (no minimum flying requirements) but only to Premier Platinum. The confirmation note claimed "...Premier Platinum is equivalent to the Executive Platinum status that you currently hold with American Airlines..."

Ohhkay....
Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:05 am
uxb

Proof that they will still status match. Being based out of SFO doesn't hurt. However, they now operate from AA's old digs, which are so dumpy.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:00 am

No challenge is a nice change. Did you do this through the premier match website? Or did you do something else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.