Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: AA-Gold, DL-Silver, MR-Silver, HH-Gold, PC-Platinum, AClub-Platinum
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
You can pretty much forget CO since they will be gone in a few days. But my question would be why do you even want a match? You already have low tier elite status with two airlines so what do you gain by having a third?

BTW, it is more likely you will need to do a challenge instead of a match but there is much more info about UA over on their forum in this thread....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ed-2010-a.html
I am going to fly with LH, UA, AC, US in the next couple of weeks and it would be nice to have even low tier status.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iszabo
I am going to fly with LH, UA, AC, US in the next couple of weeks and it would be nice to have even low tier status.
Star Silver is worthless on LH (at least intra-Europe) and next to worthless on UA and US unless you plan to check bags. It doesn't even get you priority boarding on US.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
Match with BA

Does any know how i can match my United 1K to BA gold

thanks

Solma
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:09 pm

do they have a method of verifying your status?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: MPC/VA/HHD
any possible CX/VA to *A

Hi all, first post and I am from Australia,

I have marco polo diamond / virgin velocity platinum.

Due to work agreements we have changed our preferred carriers I have to now travel about 6-10 times to mainly to singapore and bangkok on either SQ or thai airways and it must be on economy! :|

any suggestions on how and which airline in *A i can match to?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I went into the sydney office a few days ago filled out the application and showed my velocity platinum , they said they match with ROP gold. I'm waiting for it to show in my account.

Contact name was Julie. I think I send her an email to [email protected] .
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Has anyone had any experience matching from SEN, UA*G or Jet Platinum to Qatar Gold? (or any other status match to QR?)
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
What are the current UA match/challenge options? I"m EXP on AA but some of the UA/CO flights seem like they may work better for me. Tempted to try out UA/CO but wondering how much I'll have to suffer in non F seats in my change. (As EXP on AA I've not missed an upgrade in over 3 years). Wondering if my luck will be the same on UA/Co and if I'll be able to get INTL upgrade certificates/clearance at time of booking. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:51 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by mikelat
What are the current UA match/challenge options? I"m EXP on AA but some of the UA/CO flights seem like they may work better for me. Tempted to try out UA/CO but wondering how much I'll have to suffer in non F seats in my change. (As EXP on AA I've not missed an upgrade in over 3 years). Wondering if my luck will be the same on UA/Co and if I'll be able to get INTL upgrade certificates/clearance at time of booking. Any thoughts?
Ha ha.

HA HA!

Oh, if it weren't so sad, I might roll on the floor... Check out this thread: "Abandoning 1Ks"

I've already missed more upgrades on UA this year than all of last year. 1K ain't what it used to be...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
You may want to visit the UA forum before you take the plunge.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:24 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CX DM, DL Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Plat
Has anyone had any success with status matches from Cathay Pacific's Diamond status?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:45 am

Programs: UA - 1K,AA - Plat,Hilton - Diamond,Hyatt - Platinum,National - Exec Elite
...Tempted to try out UA/CO but wondering how much I'll have to suffer in non F seats in my change.... Any thoughts?
Like the other posters said, United is pretty much a joke right now. I sat on hold for a 1K agent, on the dedicated line, for just over an hour an a half to make a simple change that couldn't be done online, so although I'm sure you could get matched to 1K (since many are leaving), I'm not so sure you'll even get through. ...and you'll likely not get upgraded on many flights (they sell them for $69 & up until the day of departure, without upgrading 1Ks, IME. )

I wish you the best, let us know if you decide to give it a shot anyway and what happens!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:04 pm
HCA

Data point:

I matched to Alaska MVP gold last Aug and it expired last Dec.
They told me the match has to be done Oct or after to get the matched status valid for the next year.

Lost 4 AS MVP Gold upgrades in the hard way
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
any Skyteam SM's from Oneworld?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 3:56 pm

Turkish Airlines Status Match?

I am trying to get a status match on TK now that my status on the new United has become a hell of just trying to get credit for miles, credentials mailed to me, 45 minutes on hold, etc. I have tried to email TK but they think I am trying to get duplicate miles on them! I am so ready to leave UA where I earned over 1.5 million miles. Thanks for any guidance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.