Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Qr: Alg-foc $177 ow, $344 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BA Humbug
Party Boys & Girls & Dates
billybligh, Apr 22 2016
mattking2000, Feb 2017

Positioning Flights
OW - AMM (RJ) | DOH (QR) | LGW (BA) | MAD (IB)
*A - CAI (MS) | FRA (LH) | GVA (LX) | IST (TK) | LIS (TP)
ST - MED (SV) | MXP (AZ) | CDG (AF) | FCO (AZ)
Unaffiliated - BCN (VY) | DXB (EK) | CMN (AT)

"Insight" on Air Algerie...: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/225051

Hotels
Hilton Algiers (resort)
Sofitel Algiers
Mercure Alger Aeroport (free shuttle, located off airport)
Sheraton Club Towers (resort)

Shangri-La Fuzhou
Westin Fuzhou

Visa Information (be sure to state the nationalities for which the rules apply!

Things to do in Algeria

Things to do in Fuzhou
Print Wikipost

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Qr: Alg-foc $177 ow, $344 rt

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:38 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by whimike
Thanks for the excellent info!

I arrive on a Tuesday night in March of 2017.

The VY 7339 sounds perfect, but alas the schedule changes at some point and don't see it flying at 23.10 in March of 2017.
Honestly, I'd wait until the winter schedule came out -- it's likely they haven't planned that far in advance, and a lot of those flight times are likely to change. I would count on a high likelihood of evening flights being planned closer to the date.

The Air Algerie schedule can be found here (summer schedule only ATM):
http://www.airalgerie.dz/docs/Flight...16-29OCT16.pdf
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, VA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Icenoft
- I purchased transit visas so I was able roam around landside.
What do you mean by this? You prearranged a transit visa beforehand or purchased one on arrival?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
My Air Algerie fight arrives ALG at 14:10 and my QR fight leaves at 15:40. Do I have enough time to do TWOV and obtain my QR boarding pass?

Same thing will happen to my return flight. My QR flight arrives ALG at 12:35, and my Air Algerie flight leaves at 14:10...
Old May 1, 2016, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by lewende
My Air Algerie fight arrives ALG at 14:10 and my QR fight leaves at 15:40. Do I have enough time to do TWOV and obtain my QR boarding pass?

Same thing will happen to my return flight. My QR flight arrives ALG at 12:35, and my Air Algerie flight leaves at 14:10...
You play with fire; what will you do in case your Air Algerie flight is late ( not uncommon ) ? Do you have a B plan ?
Old May 1, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by zboub345
You play with fire; what will you do in case your Air Algerie flight is late ( not uncommon ) ? Do you have a B plan ?
Plan B would be to ask QR to rebook me to next flight to DOH...departs at 22:00...
Old May 1, 2016, 10:33 am

Plan B would be to ask QR to rebook me to next flight to DOH...departs at 22:00...
Sorry to burst your bubble but your plan B is no plan in case of QR. Do not count on QR's goodwill. From personal experience: do not even count on QR following good practices, fare rules or conditions of carriage. I was downgraded by QR from F to J on a different ticket and current status is that QR is unwilling to change my flight to another service where F is offered. Inflight experience is very good, customer service is hell.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:03 am

Don't forget your credit card with limit big enough, since no way QR will reissue a ticket on historical fare. I hope you really don't miss it, it won't be anywhere close to fun and MR money-wise otherwise.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:12 am

Thanks both. Actually I reverted to book through a China-based OTA. The fare was off at the time but I was able to book it anyway. As a gesture of good will, this OTA paid QR ~$4000 for my tickets, and my booking class is D.

I know a D class fare is still not my get-out-of-the-jail-free card, but at least right now I am simply a regular revenue business class customer to QR, in contrast to otherwise I would be a free-rider or a "thief" entitled to nothing but go-to-hell in occasions of a mis-connection.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

I think you know the answers. If your flights are on time, then you should be fine: but if you get into Algiers 30 minutes late you'll be in trouble, and might have to throw yourself on QR's thin mercy.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by muffin1313
What do you mean by this? You prearranged a transit visa beforehand or purchased one on arrival?
Yes, I had transit visas pre arranged from the Embassy of Algeria in Canada. I planned on taking checked baggage so I need the visas to get them. But it didn't matter because my checked bag got lost.... Still hasn't been found 1 week later
Old May 2, 2016, 9:46 am

Thanks both. Actually I reverted to book through a China-based OTA. The fare was off at the time but I was able to book it anyway. As a gesture of good will, this OTA paid QR ~$4000 for my tickets, and my booking class is D.
OT, but which is the generous OTA? Ctrip?
Old May 2, 2016, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
OT, but which is the generous OTA? Ctrip?
Yes
Old May 23, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, VA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Icenoft
Yes, I had transit visas pre arranged from the Embassy of Algeria in Canada. I planned on taking checked baggage so I need the visas to get them. But it didn't matter because my checked bag got lost.... Still hasn't been found 1 week later
How was the visa process as a Canadian?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by muffin1313
How was the visa process as a Canadian?
Very simple. Printed out 3 copies of the application form online from the Consulate website, attached the same passport photo to each form (3 copies), and mailed them together via registered post (Canada Post) with my passport and money order to the Algerian Embassy in Ottawa. However I needed to send a prepaid return label along with my application for the consulate to send back my passport with the visa.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:26 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
At the risk of ridicule...

would anyone have tips how to best "negotiate" a change once I've flown the outbound? The fare rules say that it's $50 usd (with some cases at $2150 or $2000) but given the fact that it's (a) a flash sale fare, (b) QR's stellar customer service track record, and (c) all conditions state changes are permitted when "no international coupons remain" [is there even another airport in Qatar?] is it something that should be attempted at all or best stay under the radar on this one?

Last edited by BA Humbug; Aug 20, 2016 at 7:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.