Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] NH: Lax-bkk-yul $373 cad, €242

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Granite64
Looks like this fare is gone.

Feel free to add the fare you bought including: the route, date and final price.

- Granite64

Brituchenite: EWR-NRT (UA metal) NRT-SIN-NRT (ANA metal) NRT-EWR (UA metal) YUL (Air Canada) 10/10-10/13; $464
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] NH: Lax-bkk-yul $373 cad, €242

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by keitherson
That is definitely not supposed to happen, so don't push your luck. Especially for O6 status which people got for free!
+1, Asian carrier DO NOT UPGRADE for free. The attitude in the East is, "you want it - you pay for it". I've had literally zero success as AC Super Elite on Asian carriers to upgrade to anything (except very regional flights, like HND-GMP, where PY becomes selectable at checkin).
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Finnair Platinum
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
+1, Asian carrier DO NOT UPGRADE for free. The attitude in the East is, "you want it - you pay for it". I've had literally zero success as AC Super Elite on Asian carriers to upgrade to anything (except very regional flights, like HND-GMP, where PY becomes selectable at checkin).
Technically not true? My dad is a TG Platinum and he ALWAYS get upgrade from Y to J or J to F when flying with TG. But yes the only time I get upgrade from being *G beside AC is AI from DEL-DME and AV from BOG-EZE
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
CX offer free upgrade even for other OneWorld Status holders.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Kraafish
Technically not true? My dad is a TG Platinum and he ALWAYS get upgrade from Y to J or J to F when flying with TG. But yes the only time I get upgrade from being *G beside AC is AI from DEL-DME and AV from BOG-EZE
Oh sorry, I didn't mean with their own programs - that's another story. I just meant in general - as a rule, they will not upgrade other alliance status holders unless they have to.

CX is a bit of an exception to OW*E and so on.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:01 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by LandMiler
CX offer free upgrade even for other OneWorld Status holders.
Not really.. CX does not do free upgrades unless something is overbooked.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Maybe Y was oversold on my JFKNRT sector so they opened it up for me? Or maybe ANA has opened this benefit to *G beyond their own elites?

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/fr/f/asw_c.../platinum.html

But seems odd that I had to ask on the HNDYVR if that were the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.