Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - *2016*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Happy 2016!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2016 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - *2016*

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by abcpp
But it was a little bit scary to call Orbitz 3 times and cancel all other reservations.
</bragging>

Will see what will happen tomorrow! I love guys at SecretFlying!!!
I wouldn't brag about that especially given you have 24 hours to do it. You should wait to the very last minute or do it online if possible. Also nothing to like about SecretFlying, those idiots will put "Error Fare" tags on everything including published sales!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Is it gone? Can't find.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 5:47 am

Pretty sure the VS deal is gone. Can't create any of the prices I saw yesterday.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
I wouldn't brag about that especially given you have 24 hours to do it. You should wait to the very last minute or do it online if possible. Also nothing to like about SecretFlying, those idiots will put "Error Fare" tags on everything including published sales!
Ended up canceling one of two reservations. Orbitz did not offer an online feature so I had to call. The agent originally said the 24 hour cancelation policy didn't apply because it was a "special fare." I asked for a supervisor. While the first agent was "notating my reservation" my cell phone dropped off.

The supervisor called back within 2 minutes, canceled my reservation and refunded my money.

Happy to be going over spring break!

Last edited by juanitajh; Sep 24, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Old Sep 24, 2016, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by juanitajh
Ended up canceling one of two reservations. Orbitz did not offer an online feature so I had to call. The agent originally said the 24 hour cancelation policy didn't apply because it was a "special fare." I asked for a supervisor. While the first agent was "notating my reservation" my cell phone dropped off.

The supervisor called back within 2 minutes, canceled my reservation and refunded my money.

Happy to be going over spring break!
I made a reservation but then found a better itinerary and made another reservation figuring I could just cancel the first one. There was no way to cancel online so I phoned in.

I asked the agent to cancel the first one and after he said he'd cancelled it I got two cancellation emails. I asked him if he'd cancelled both by mistake and he said no. I checked orbitz.com and saw that both were cancelled, the line suddenly went dead when I told him what he'd done. Luckily I was still able to make a new third reservation.

I hope I never have to deal with Orbitz ever again.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:43 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
TAAG would be interesting to try, I think, but would require a certain element of bravery. I believe you can collect Air France Flying Blue miles...
I've flown TAAG a few times, CAB-LAD-TMS-RAI and DLA-BGI. Certainly a fine enough airline, but odd. But the flight attendants ate our meals on the TMS-RAI sector!
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:13 am

EWR - LGW $479 R/T on TAP
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:58 pm

Long time listener, first time caller, etc.....

BOS-LHR on DL/VS as low as $510 RT on some date pairings (eg. 9 NOV - 13 NOV, 11 MAR - 15 MAR, or 6 JUN - 14 JUN as examples) with $600 RT wide open through EOS. Even found weekend same day turns (e.g 11 MAR arriving 12 MAR and returning 12 MAR) for those who need it. Found with Google flights and books through DL website. Hope this helps!

Edit: Should note the $600 RTs can have routings through JFK, nonstops are available on both prices.

Last edited by awt42; Sep 26, 2016 at 1:57 pm
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
BA: LHR - ORD £360 wide open or £340 with a stop on the outbound
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Oneworld:

JER - LGW - LHR - PHL - LHR All in O class available Feb 17 £228
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Nice fare but ...

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Oneworld:

- LGW - LHR - ...
.. there's another £25
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Nice fare but ...

.. there's another £25
Might as well get some points for it...

https://goo.gl/flights/fQiF
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:12 pm

YEG-TNR (Edmonton-Madagascar)

Seeing sub-$1000 CAD for flights May-June 2017

Eg. June 5-21 $971 CAD on KLM site

Didn't find any matches out of YYC nor YVR, nor my little regional airport.

Also found multi-city with a stop in Paris for 1010 or so.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by kalderlake
YEG-TNR (Edmonton-Madagascar)

Seeing sub-$1000 CAD for flights May-June 2017

Eg. June 5-21 $971 CAD on KLM site

Didn't find any matches out of YYC nor YVR, nor my little regional airport.

Also found multi-city with a stop in Paris for 1010 or so.
Excellent fare!
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
IAD - SCL $413 to eos on copa
MIA - EZE $334 to eos on Latam
MIA - ASU $284 to eos on Latam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.