Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Emirates
Yes. PDX.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:04 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum

Am I looking in the wrong places or has ORD been completely left out of the transatlantic fare wars?
Not finding anything on oneworld worth talking about from ORD.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Am I looking in the wrong places or has ORD been completely left out of the transatlantic fare wars?
Don't look at the land of Lincoln, but up north, by the Cheddar curtain.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by arollins
I was just about to mention the same thing....a couple of options:

OneWorld: MKE-AMS/FCO for ~$2,000ai
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is California in the same league like ORD?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
I haven't seen anything spectacular out of ORD in last 2weeks. After AARP and Chase disco, there are (were?) $2000-ish fares to MAD/BCN. Good luck.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by arollins
Yikes! i hope this thread isn't adopting the weird secrecy format of the "trick it" thread
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Yikes! i hope this thread isn't adopting the weird secrecy format of the "trick it" thread
Such posts are not allowed - see the wiki above

This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I think he means Milwaukee. Land of Lincoln = Illinois and people there refer to the inhabitants of Wisconsin as cheeseheads.

But I completely agree that we should speak plainly in this thread.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
I think he means Milwaukee. Land of Lincoln = Illinois and people there refer to the inhabitants of Wisconsin as cheeseheads.
land of Lincoln = USA (Illinois is a state, not a land!)
Cheddar -> Canadian Cheddar - > Canada
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by irishguy28
land of Lincoln = USA (Illinois is a state, not a land!)
Cheddar -> Canadian Cheddar - > Canada
If you've spent any time in Illinois, you may have noticed all the license plates say Land of Lincoln on them, as he was born there. http://www.museum.state.il.us/exhibi...ls/slogan.html
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by stimpy

But I completely agree that we should speak plainly in this thread.
You got it 100%.

Illinois is the "Land of Lincoln" and Wisconsin is the home of the cheeseheads.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
one world

Anyone knows if the one-world J sale is working from Europe to US. Desperately need a J ticket from Germany to SFO.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by maxswanson
Anyone knows if the one-world J sale is working from Europe to US. Desperately need a J ticket from Germany to SFO.
matrix?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by maxswanson
welcome to FT.

There are some very good ex CPH OW fares to the US including SFO. best availablity post 1st July but also has a window end of March and some this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.