Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by frankmu
I see PDX-MAD/BIO mid February on Delta using google flights for ~$2000 in J
Still seeing this this morning for many dates Feb-July even. Trying to find some alternatives to MAD/BIO.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by resipsa99
Still seeing this this morning for many dates Feb-July even. Trying to find some alternatives to MAD/BIO.
Google flights is now pricing PDX-MAD to ~$1500, but Delta then prices to $2000. Hmm. Loyalty to one alliance/airline is hard if it drops that low.

Edit: now I see ~$1600 for end of March and April

Aaannnddd it's gone.

Last edited by frankmu; Sep 27, 2014 at 9:50 am
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Emirates
Thanks for the replies
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:00 am

Its strange how oneworld hasn't responded with any fares of their own to any of skyteams hubs. I think I am going to be switching my loyalty tbh.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: Platinum
I am seeing UA flights OTH/EUG-SFO-LHR for $2700 in J next summer. Not the $1500 fares from this summer, but lowest I've seen in a while.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by dll
I'm not 100% sure they're live today. They seem to come and go and often with different city pairs. Flights x-LAX were available early on (a few weeks ago), but most of the recent versions have been from SEA, PHX, LAS or DEN.
The most recent and not most convenient (appox 2700 bucks) round of OW fares a few days back included departures from LAX. They are referenced upstream. Alas, I did not book one as my dates weren't firm.

Originally Posted by Jwb13c
Its strange how oneworld hasn't responded with any fares of their own to any of skyteams hubs. I think I am going to be switching my loyalty tbh.
They have done so, plenty, usually the fares have lasted one or two days then gone. You need to be quick on these ones.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:47 pm

OneWorld finally responded, and I finally managed to book my business class ticket.

Strangely, it's directly to London on BA, AA, and US.

JFK-LHR 12/31-5/7 ~$1800 with the AARP discount and 10% british airways card offer.

I tried to book January 7, but for some reason you can only get this price if you book your outbound by January 4th. I also checked IAD, ORD, MIA, MCO, CLT, and BOS. IAD and ORD were around $2800. I also saw LAX for around $3000.

I'm going to watch to see if the prices lower in the next 24 hours and i'll post back if they do.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:41 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
EY has some interesting Z fares from India, under ZHOT2MEY, e.g. BKK for US$560 AI, works to under 6CPM, and with the double tier miles promo, 3 of these could help renew Gold.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by ashkale
EY has some interesting Z fares from India, under ZHOT2MEY, e.g. BKK for US$560 AI, works to under 6CPM, and with the double tier miles promo, 3 of these could help renew Gold.

I'm new to this so excuse me if it is a silly question.

Does ZHOT2MEY has any limitations?

Will I be able to enjoy full Z class service like chauffeur, lounge and 40 kg bag allowance
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Siddharth1

Will I be able to enjoy full Z class service like chauffeur, lounge and 40 kg bag allowance
Indeed.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by Siddharth1

traveled with this fare in early-sep
it just a discounted fare and you will still get chauffeur,lounge and everything a business class pax will get
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ashkale
are you sure that you will receive miles with the Z fare ticket?
just used the milage calculator and I couldn'T find any info on the amount of miles
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...ge-calculator/
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
are you sure that you will receive miles with the Z fare ticket?
just used the milage calculator and I couldn'T find any info on the amount of miles
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...ge-calculator/
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-miles/how/
"Cabin Fare class Earning Ratio
Business Class W, D, Z 130%"
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Lack
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-miles/how/
"Cabin Fare class Earning Ratio
Business Class W, D, Z 130%"
great, thank you ^
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Emirates
Dates? $140 per leg a good deal esp with AUH-BKK in LF. I can't find it tho

No AA miles if in Z either?

Last edited by EKinBigD; Sep 28, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.