Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:44 pm

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
Ba: Ams - hkg (rt), us$2,274.00 ai

I am sure many of you have seen better fares for this itinerary, but for me it was great, so I just booked it (on ba.com).

Dec 27 - Dec 29, Class I, US$2,274.00

This is a trip I need to take (on those exact dates) and originating in AMS resulted in the cheapest fare.
Maybe others will make use of it as well.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS
There is a great first class fare out of LAX to HEL on BA/AA/US

$2871

Leave Thursday the 27th of November
Return Sunday the 30th of November

Fare can be found on google flights and a few route options are available.

Whoops, just realized that it is a bug with U.S. Airways' website and it actually books into business. Sorry
Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:28 pm

ABOVE LAX-HEL is BUSINESS CLASS.. not FIRST CLASS.. sorry...
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
YOW-SIN on KLM business $3400 in April 2015 through flighthub. Seems pretty good. My dates were 04/11-04/18.

You can get nearly the same prices on AF as well, out of YUL instead (no need to take the silly bus)
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:26 am

Which website is allowing this? I've gone onto Etihad's side but its not allowing flights from India to BKK or do i hv to select a specific country website to start with. US$560 for abt 9000 base miles is pretty interesting.

TKS!!

Originally Posted by ashkale
EY has some interesting Z fares from India, under ZHOT2MEY, e.g. BKK for US$560 AI, works to under 6CPM, and with the double tier miles promo, 3 of these could help renew Gold.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
DL - LAX-MNL in BE

Just purchase LAX-MNL all on Delta in BE for $2900 with less then week advance purchase.

Picked routing going LAX-MSP-NRT-MNL and MNL-NRT-MSP-LAX. Bonus is that on the return the MSP-LAX flight is on an international 767 so I'll have lie-flat the whole trip back.

Routing for the TPAC seemed to have to go through either MSP or SEA in order to get the deal. LAX-NRT, LAX-PDX/ATL/JFK-NRT all resulted in the fare going up $3000.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by snowingairlines
There is a great first class fare out of LAX to HEL on BA/AA/US

$2871

Leave Thursday the 27th of November
Return Sunday the 30th of November

Fare can be found on google flights and a few route options are available.

Whoops, just realized that it is a bug with U.S. Airways' website and it actually books into business. Sorry
Not sure what's going on with HEL. DL/KLM/AF all have been allowing Business tickets from the US to HEL for around $2500 for a couple of weeks. It seems like HEL is the place to go in Europe for cheap business class seats. Went on two nights ago, and DL/AF/KLM all had flights from various cities in the US (including West coast LAX/SFO) for around $2500.

The only catch seemed to be that regardless of whom you bought it from (DL/AF/KLM) that in order to get the deal you had to fly on AF/KLM metal for the transatlantic flight. ie LAX-AMS/CDG-HEL works, LAX-ATL-AMS/CDG-HEL works as long as the ATL-AMS/CDG flight is operated by KLM/AF regardless of how it's marketed.

Last edited by flyerCO; Sep 29, 2014 at 10:42 am
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Just purchase LAX-MNL all on Delta in BE for $2900 with less then week advance purchase.

Picked routing going LAX-MSP-NRT-MNL and MNL-NRT-MSP-LAX. Bonus is that on the return the MSP-LAX flight is on an international 767 so I'll have lie-flat the whole trip back.

Routing for the TPAC seemed to have to go through either MSP or SEA in order to get the deal. LAX-NRT, LAX-PDX/ATL/JFK-NRT all resulted in the fare going up $3000.
UA has a similar fare ex-SFO for $2800ish that generally promotes a routing via HNL and GUM, but does allow routing via NRT for slightly more $$. Lots of ANA segments possible and will issue without problem on UA stock if built on google flights or similar.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:38 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Not sure what's going on with HEL. DL/KLM/AF all have been allowing Business tickets from the US to HEL for around $2500 for a couple of weeks. It seems like HEL is the place to go in Europe for cheap business class seats.
While it's no RGN in scope, yes fares have been pretty good! I'm headed there in December but it actually IS a work trip so I got to double dip. Good fare and in business to boot.

Still, who voluntarily goes to HEL in winter? It's, um, very dark.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by dll
Still, who voluntarily goes to HEL in winter? It's, um, very dark.
Ha, that's me. Specifically jumped in a couple weeks ago when these could be had (Skyteam) for ~ $1700.

Helsinki in December!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Not sure what's going on with HEL. DL/KLM/AF all have been allowing Business tickets from the US to HEL for around $2500 for a couple of weeks. It seems like HEL is the place to go in Europe for cheap business class seats. Went on two nights ago, and DL/AF/KLM all had flights from various cities in the US (including West coast LAX/SFO) for around $2500.

The only catch seemed to be that regardless of whom you bought it from (DL/AF/KLM) that in order to get the deal you had to fly on AF/KLM metal for the transatlantic flight. ie LAX-AMS/CDG-HEL works, LAX-ATL-AMS/CDG-HEL works as long as the ATL-AMS/CDG flight is operated by KLM/AF regardless of how it's marketed.
HEL is the hub of Finnair. SkyTeam (DL/AF/KLM) has been attacking OneWorld (to which Finnair belongs) business fares in response to OW attacking DL hubs earlier this month. Same reason why there have been tons of cheap business fares from BCN and MAD, Iberia's two primary airports. They can't attack LHR because they have a competitive product there in VS.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: Paid F
Originally Posted by steveholt
HEL is the hub of Finnair. SkyTeam (DL/AF/KLM) has been attacking OneWorld (to which Finnair belongs) business fares in response to OW attacking DL hubs earlier this month. Same reason why there have been tons of cheap business fares from BCN and MAD, Iberia's two primary airports. They can't attack LHR because they have a competitive product there in VS.
I just with *A would get into this fight and drop some fares too ...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Why is One World offering fares around $2400 to London? With the aarp and credit card discount, you can get it to $1800. You just have to fly from New York. Do you know why this is?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:07 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by jcamp028
YOW-SIN on KLM business $3400 in April 2015 through flighthub. Seems pretty good. My dates were 04/11-04/18.

You can get nearly the same prices on AF as well, out of YUL instead (no need to take the silly bus)
Nice to see some deals out of YOW which is unusual. I would prefer deals on AC or *A.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Nice to see some deals out of YOW which is unusual. I would prefer deals on AC or *A.
That's exactly what I was thinking (though you need to take the AF bus to YUL). We're basically captive to AC around here. Of course, *A wants $5000 more on the fare...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.