Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:02 pm

I7SALE AA/BA/IB ex-Germany

I7SALE by the gang-of-three is offering ex-Germany (and Austria, probably) fares e.g. HAM-LAX-HAM €2123 r/t a/i. NYC is €1800, BJS €2400, CPT €2160. The German premium-travel site that the TOS probably says I can't mention has a pretty extensive list.

Ticket by 5 Feb, 7 day advance, stay SU to 3 months, outbound 15 Jan - 30 Sept. Changes €300. Booking code I7SALE, as noted, for I-class travel. I tickled ITA with HAM-LAX-HAM, February departure, 32-36 days, 2 travelers and found good availability.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: SA Blue,VS Red,BA Blue,DL Skymiles,EK Skywards
Egyptair Special Online Offers

Egyptair offering 20% discount on all fares issued online between 08 Jan to 31 Jan 2013. Please check website for special offers page..eg. JFK-JNB Business class ZLREUS fare code for $3289 ai. Must travel by 15 March.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
IST-SFO RT on DL $2260 AI, s-fare

IST-SFO RT on DL $2260 AI, s-fare
Looks good for summer fares... other airlines slightly higher. Not seeing a *A match yet, unfortunately.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by JohnAx
I7SALE by the gang-of-three is offering ex-Germany (and Austria, probably) fares e.g. HAM-LAX-HAM €2123 r/t a/i. NYC is €1800, BJS €2400, CPT €2160. The German premium-travel site that the TOS probably says I can't mention has a pretty extensive list.

Ticket by 5 Feb, 7 day advance, stay SU to 3 months, outbound 15 Jan - 30 Sept. Changes €300. Booking code I7SALE, as noted, for I-class travel. I tickled ITA with HAM-LAX-HAM, February departure, 32-36 days, 2 travelers and found good availability.
It's ex EU. Fares available from BRU, FRA, MUC, FCO, etc.

LON and AMS appear to be the notable exceptions.

Best options appear to be LAX/LAS for around €2100 as you stated. Other options are MIA/MCO for €1800.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jlisi984
What fare are you speaking of?
see post 19
I actually found the fare is available, however, from almost all of the US mainland to all of Europe that is served by AA.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
It's ex EU. Fares available from BRU, FRA, MUC, FCO, etc.

LON and AMS appear to be the notable exceptions.

Best options appear to be LAX/LAS for around €2100 as you stated. Other options are MIA/MCO for €1800.
Thanks for the added info. I'd found ex-LHR to be >€3000, saw a paragraph in the rules regarding German domestic segments and ba.com gave me the HAM example which all led me to the wrong conclusion.

Italy has been a cheap origination point for a couple of years and here it also stands out with FCO-LAX-FCO €1904 for the one-stop trip via LHR, a bit cheaper for some 2-stop routes. FCO adds 899 miles each way and EZ will position you there (from LGW) for a fraction of the savings (if you meet their annoying 20kg bag limit).

The Hilton at FCO has reasonable (? ~€125) day rates, fwiw.

DUB was showing up as a cheap starter for these kinds of fares (i.e. via LHR) a few months ago. Didn't look this time.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

Italy has been a cheap origination point for a couple of years and here it also stands out with FCO-LAX-FCO €1904 for the one-stop trip via LHR, a bit cheaper for some 2-stop routes. FCO adds 899 miles each way and EZ will position you there (from LGW) for a fraction of the savings (if you meet their annoying 20kg bag limit).

• Use Milan and (usually) AA flights and it drops to €1864 or less.
  • Use Avios for positioning from the UK: save even more and gain in comfort.

MXP slightly friendlier than FCO, but still ugly as sin. There's an airport HIX (~€60) and a Crowne Plaza (~€80) if you need accommodation.

Athens is €1760 - but risks od disruption, and not so friendly in terms of positioning. Unless you're in Athens

Last edited by IAN-UK; Jan 10, 2013 at 12:44 am
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
On some occasions: on week ends it gets cheaper.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:06 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
The THY annual Valentines offers are up:

ORIGIN DESTINATION ECONOMY BUSINESS
İSTANBUL EUROPE 99 EUR/RT 599 EUR/RT
İSTANBUL TURKISH REPUBLIC, MIDDLE EAST, NORTHERN AFRICA 199 EUR/RT 599 EUR/RT
İSTANBUL AFRICA, AMERICA, FAR EAST 399 EUR/RT 999 EUR/RT

*Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Ho Chi Minh Cit, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Toronto, Los Angeles, New York, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires destinations in comfort cabin 499 EUR/RT.
One of the passengers purchases a full price ticket, the THY Valentine's Day special price, while the other pays only €1.
*RT: Round trip promotional price.
*From Ankara and Izmir; 50 EUR/RT add-on will be applied for each ticket.
*From other Turkey and Ercan; 80 EUR/RT add-on will be applied for each ticket.
*Jeddah, Medina and Yanbu are not included in the promotion.
*Taxes are not included.

Terms and Conditions:

Valentine's Day Promotion is valid for tickets bought between January 8, 2013 – February 15, 2013 and for flights between February 9 and 15, 2013 (inclusive).
This promotion is only available to Miles&Smiles members. However, the second passenger in the PNR (passenger name record) is not required to be a Miles&Smiles member.
One of the passengers must purchase a full price ticket, the THY Valentine's Day special price, while the other pays only €1.
This promotion is only valid for RT (round trip) and OJ (open-jaw) tickets.
Passengers are obliged to travel together for all destination.
Mileage accrual is not possible for promotional 1 Euro ticket, therefore the other full fare promotional ticket is eligible for mileage accrual.
Tickets must be issued within 24 hours of a reservation being made.
The ticketing procedure should be completed at least 7 days before flying.
Dates and routes of the tickets cannot be changed . Tickets are non-upgradeable and non-refundable.
This promotion is not applicable on codeshare flights.
Maximum stay: Maximum 8 days.
Minimum stay: No restriction.
Jeddah, Medina and Yanbu routes are not included in the promotion.
This promotion will be valid for the predetermined routes, conditions, specific prices and quotas.
Miles&Smiles membership card number should be presented at the time of purchase.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:21 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Fims

*Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Ho Chi Minh Cit, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Toronto, Los Angeles, New York, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires destinations in comfort cabin 499 EUR/RT.
To LAX or EZE for Euro 999.00 in business class

That's dirt cheap ^
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:06 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Prem Plat
Are these bookable yet? I'm messing around on the THY website (and am signed into my smiles/miles account) but can't finding anything? Perhaps you need to call?

Originally Posted by Fims

İSTANBUL EUROPE 99 EUR/RT 599 EUR/RT
İSTANBUL TURKISH REPUBLIC, MIDDLE EAST, NORTHERN AFRICA 199 EUR/RT 599 EUR/RT

One of the passengers purchases a full price ticket, the THY Valentine's Day special price, while the other pays only €1.
*RT: Round trip promotional price.
*From Ankara and Izmir; 50 EUR/RT add-on will be applied for each ticket.
*From other Turkey and Ercan; 80 EUR/RT add-on will be applied for each ticket.
*Jeddah, Medina and Yanbu are not included in the promotion.
*Taxes are not included.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:31 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by joker545
Are these bookable yet? I'm messing around on the THY website (and am signed into my smiles/miles account) but can't finding anything? Perhaps you need to call?
Via their call centre, like last years. And there should be J space available.

PS. I remind you that taxes, YR/YQ-s would be added to the fare. Phone ticketing charge has been usually around 75€.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:00 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Re the TK "Valentine's Special", there is a dedicated thread in the TK forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...cial-back.html
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Skyteam

They still have some good C fares to Spain (MAD/BCN) for $1123/1143 respectively xSEA.
Same AP/min stay.
Books into Z/I/S for AF/AZ/DL respectively except US domestic in P.
MPM fare if using DL.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
They still have some good C fares to Spain (MAD/BCN) for $1123/1143 respectively xSEA.
Same AP/min stay.
Books into Z/I/S for AF/AZ/DL respectively except US domestic in P.
MPM fare if using DL.
Dates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.